Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

I think being the 'main man' in the ruck will suit TBell.. also means we won't be going in top heavy when he plays.. which should quicken up the team a bit..

Very important and *could* have us saying "paddy who?" by the end of next season... yes, I think he can be that good.

Near the end of 2013.. it was seriously hard to pick who was better as the primary ruck man.. so this kind of answers the debate.

I'm keen to recruit a guy like Giles etc as 'back up'... don't want Carlisle having to ruck if TBell misses a game..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a good observation. Hoping Doss might have seen it and done an apt thread title change
Why would it be any other way. I think Giles is quite good he lead GWS fine but TBC can be a hell of a player once hes fit and we are assuming this to be the case otherwise anyone not fit especially bigs just about dont play.

Before this year i was a huge fan of TBC. Last season seems to be limiting my view and opinon on him like others and it really shouldnt. He was quite good before this year and still very much on the improve

The only query I have on a fully fit Bellchambers not being an exceptional AFL ruckman is his work rate. Lacks consistent second efforts and rarely chases and tackles.

The only query I have on a fully fit Bellchambers not being an exceptional AFL ruckman is his work rate. Lacks consistent second efforts and rarely chases and tackles.
Hes not going to be that Ryder, Mumford type ruck.

Its certainly his weakness.

Hes going to be what we know from him. A ruckman who can get his hand to the ball. Take pack marks around the ground and forward or crash them up front. Push forward and hit the scoreboard.

Hes not going to be that Ryder, Mumford type ruck.

Its certainly his weakness.

Hes going to be what we know from him. A ruckman who can get his hand to the ball. Take pack marks around the ground and forward or crash them up front. Push forward and hit the scoreboard.

I'm not saying he has to lead the way in this area or anything but Bellchamber's second efforts are almost non existent.

I'm not saying he has to lead the way in this area or anything but Bellchamber's second efforts are almost non existent.

If he's there he chucks his weight around, if he's not there he doesn't make an effort to get there at all, that's about the bones of it for me

Would love him to model his game around Mumford, Tbell wont be the mobile "extra mid" type but he has the size to be a wrecking ball in a congested situation or crash packs. Mummy isnt exactly quick and mobile either but his work rate is excellent and his tackling numbers are remarkable which makes him such a beast.

Would love him to model his game around Mumford, Tbell wont be the mobile "extra mid" type but he has the size to be a wrecking ball in a congested situation or crash packs. Mummy isnt exactly quick and mobile either but his work rate is excellent and his tackling numbers are remarkable which makes him such a beast.
Mummys quick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back