2010 Fremantle Roster - #'s and Nicknames

Remove this Banner Ad

Barlow could go by any amount of nick names.

It was a name of infamy and on a lot of people's lips in the late 80's.

It could also be in bad taste.

Hammer might suit him.

and james blunt for timmy ruffles

I don't think his nickname is James Blunt KPR. You've gotta think what swear word James Blunt sounds like.

As in, 'What do you take me for? Some kind of James Blunt?'

It's off the first series of a British TV show called Skins (Really good show btw)

My mate & I pretty much speak in code with nicknames of players during matches - though most would differ from their actual nicknames...ie

Bradley - Shoulders (Simply due to his dispoportioned shoulders)
Zac Clarke - Wolfmother (hair)
Dodd - The Human Glove (tagging abilities)
Fyfe - The Rake (body)
Grover - Mad Dog (Every team needs one)
Hasleby - Nuts (Obvious name play + the photo from a few years back :D)
Hayden - The Magician (Again...every team has one)
Headland - The Comedian (As sometimes we think he's taking the pi55)
Hill - Notting
Johnson - Throbbo
Mundy - Barra
Murphy - dropkick (play on name of a punk band...+ we think he is)
Palmer - Giana (As in the Chicken variety)
Suban - Subanus (Due to fact he has tyaken over McManus's number)
Thornton - The Galloping Albino (looks)
Pearce - Overflow

Anyway thats our coded nicknames....the secrets out

Fyfe = The Pied Piper

or just Piper if your pressed for time in the heat of the game :D

It's interesting how these things spread. The first game against Adelaide I was yelling out "Go Frodo" and people were kind of going WTF and some were laughing. Now everyone I talk to calls him that.

Barlow could go by any amount of nick names.

It was a name of infamy and on a lot of people's lips in the late 80's.

It could also be in bad taste.

Hammer might suit him.

His official nickname from team mates is Wombat/Womby.... When I went to watch them tarin before the Ess game thats what they were calling out to him during the drills.

Another reason to like him, shares my nickname too.... Apparently originating from 'eats roots and leaves/leafs'... boom tish :thumbsu::D

I've always liked Manic for Mundy (given that he is always cool under pressure).

edit: i've also heard the name "cleaver" floated for fyfe ... from nat fyfe being spoonerised to fat knife, i thought it was clever but i dunno if it'll catch on, hoping it does!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His official nickname from team mates is Wombat/Womby.... When I went to watch them tarin before the Ess game thats what they were calling out to him during the drills.

Another reason to like him, shares my nickname too.... Apparently originating from 'eats roots and leaves/leafs'... boom tish :thumbsu::D

Ballantyne = The HORB (Hobbit on Red Bull).

added to OP.

I've always thought, John Eales, ex-Wallaby captain's nickname was perfect for Pav; Nobody - as in Nobody's perfect

and even though it's well known that Chops is Paul Haselby's nickname how about Milo - because he's not Quik.

from freo1995's posts i gather the boys are calling Fyfe 'Avatar'. Something to do with his long face and prominent ears. could also be to do with the hands.

edit: just re0checked OP and saw that Avatar is already listed. Please disregard.

Couple I noticed missing and I don't think have been mentioned elsewhere - and are given to them mostly by us I think thus unofficial - are:

McPharlin - McPharlap
Ruffles - Chips
Hayden - Genius
Thornton - The White Flash

Soz if already covered elsewhere.

OP updated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back