Preview 2024 AFLM Round One: Fremantle versus Brisbane (Sunday 17/3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Love those effortless overhead marks from Cox. Will be very handy in the forward line and has shown he can do it up there. When the big Cox stands up, he shoots well.

I gotta tell you, I'm excited about this game. Despite Darcy being out, a predicament we would have prepared for many times over at this stage - we have a full-strength side (save for Chappy and Walker). Neale the defector being out makes this extra interesting.

Excitement level 8/10, closing in on a 9.5 minutes before the bounce.

Last edited:
Love those effortless overhead marks from Cox. Will be very handy in the forward line and has shown he can do it up there. When the big Cox stands up, he shoots well.

I gotta tell you, I'm excited about this game. Despite Darcy being out, a predicament we would have prepared for many times over at this stage - we have a full-strength side (save for Chappy and Walker). Neale the defector being out makes this extra interesting.

Excitement level 8/10, closing in on a 9.5 minutes before the bounce.
Tipping Cox to start and be tactical sub sometime during the 3rd quarter and bring on banfield.
I think they still want to mange his minutes coming back from injury and believe Omac is a better matchup on Hipwood than an underdone Cox.
Brisbane have helped us by dropping Payne and moving Gardner to the bacline again. It means they only have 2 FPFs and 2 KPDs

Seeing how sluggish Carlton were I'm really hoping Brissy are as well.
Blues had a short break.

It’s an unknown though - will lions have advantage because we blew out the cobwebs? Or is round 1 some level of energy above all others because players are so fresh?

Crows v suns might be a good test, similar level sides, 1 played the other didn’t…

Tipping Cox to start and be tactical sub sometime during the 3rd quarter and bring on banfield.
I think they still want to mange his minutes coming back from injury and believe Omac is a better matchup on Hipwood than an underdone Cox.
Brisbane have helped us by dropping Payne and moving Gardner to the bacline again. It means they only have 2 FPFs and 2 KPDs
I reckon that if no injuries Banfield for Cox early last quarter is likely outcome.

If only we chose Cooper instead of Worner.

Wouldn’t be surprised. JL this morning said it was more unlikely than not that cox would be playing round 1 so it seems he’s just made it and an extra week would’ve done him better if Darcy wasn’t injured.

This needs to be changed to the game day thread!
Finally, the wait is over.

I'm interested to see if the GC/Crows game is a sign that the team playing their second game fades against a team playing their first. Will Freo finish with more run, or Brisbane?

I've changed my tip to us after Neale was withdrawn, I reckon we will give it a real shot. Keen to see Tommy Emmett show us we have lost nothing when Schultz depaeted. Also keen to see if Johnson has taken the next step.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back