Preview 2024 AFLM Round One: Fremantle versus Brisbane (Sunday 17/3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Has there been a side more casual in their attitude towards wingers and their retention or recruitment? I'm at the point where I can't agree that our game plan has significant dependency on wingers.

We value inside mids, defenders and rucks.

Yeah if you look at the wingers we have lost over the last few years, pretty much one every year - Weller, Langdon, B Hill, Acres, Henry

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oscar McDonald was good in the pre-season and Cox is a better forward than Voss and Taberner. I like the idea of Cox forward. Freo by 12 points.
Provided this happens in front of Reidy playing I’m all for it. Cox gets to ease into it. Treacy is back up ruck and spends a lot of time forward. Would have liked to see Walker as sub but that looks likely to go to Erasmus or Brodie. I’m glad Tabs and Sturt aren’t there as both looked miles off it in the Port game.

Bench: Jeremy Sharp, Hayden Young, Neil Erasmus, Brennan Cox.
Sub: Will Brodie
Emergencies: Bailey Banfield, Liam Reidy, Karl Worner

Provided this happens in front of Reidy playing I’m all for it. Cox gets to ease into it. Treacy is back up ruck and spends a lot of time forward. Would have liked to see Walker as sub but that looks likely to go to Erasmus or Brodie. I’m glad Tabs and Sturt aren’t there as both looked miles off it in the Port game.

Bench: Jeremy Sharp, Hayden Young, Neil Erasmus, Brennan Cox.
Sub: Will Brodie
Emergencies: Bailey Banfield, Liam Reidy, Karl Worner
I expect Worner to play ahead of Erasmus because the bench really needs another defender. But I guess it depends on how Young and Cox are used. Maybe their versatility will allow us to play Erasmus, I hope so.

What is wrong with you… The intent s right but the names are in the wrong order!
Meaning Charlie has been known to try and take a player out "legally"

but if he tries it on Hughes he'll come off second best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMac Pearce Ryan
Clark Cox Aish
Sharp Fyfe Young
Raz Jackson Freddy
Sonny Amiss Treacy
Reidy Brayshaw Serong

Johnson Switta Emmett Hughes.

Sub Banfield

Pfffft, no idea. Just throwing magnets at the board now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back