2012 AFL draft rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard a rumour that GWS is considering not taking Toumpas with one of its first 3 picks.

Interesting. Would Melbourne still take Wines if Toumpas were available? Could throw a big old spanner in the works if what you say is true

Toumpas would be the friggin jackpot for us Dees supporters. He looks like such a good player.

Probably just a smokescreen though.
But would Melbourne take Toumpas if Wines was also available, given the relationship between Wines and Viney?

Edit: Haha, beaten to the punch.

You dont just muck around with picks.

Darling is a fair bit differant than Garlett.

That's right. Darling has less talent.

There were questions over Cyril Rioli's application and fitness at the beginning. How many teams would love to have picked up Cyril now?

Dayle is worth the risk.

But there's even less risk for a club with a strong culture, good role models and somewhere that's not Perth.

Why would GC take simpson at 13 if Garlett is still available?

Because they love taking lightning quick WA midfielders with great footskills.

Exactly the type we'd love to grab. Irritates the living hell out of me to see them snaffle them all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except that won't be the case seeing Heppell moved into the midfield for the majority of last season and the club have already signaled Goddard for a midfield role.
Suspect we won't take Jacobs anyway.
Bud have you watch heppell in the middle, he has no idea where to stand, what happening and where his man is. He is a wonderful half back but in the middle he is useless.

Bud have you watch heppell in the middle, he has no idea where to stand, what happening and where his man is. He is a wonderful half back but in the middle he is useless.

Some people just resort to making stuff up.

He won the Morrish medal from the midfield and I'm pretty sure the coaching staff would notice if he had a positioning issue.

Western Bulldogs and Port ADelaide have spoken to DAndenong Stingray back - flanker Billy Rolfe. Port Adelaide reportedly very keen on the kid from Frankston.

Nick Newman, another Stingray has been spoken to by a number of clubs including Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond and Brisbane.

Lewis Pierce has attracted a number of clubs interests and from what I am hearing, may go as early as second round..

Western Bulldogs and Port ADelaide have spoken to DAndenong Stingray back - flanker Billy Rolfe. Port Adelaide reportedly very keen on the kid from Frankston.

Nick Newman, another Stingray has been spoken to by a number of clubs including Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond and Brisbane.

Lewis Pierce has attracted a number of clubs interests and from what I am hearing, may go as early as second round..
Whats Billy Rolfe like? I'm guessing were talking pick 51 or 80 rather than 22.

Whats Billy Rolfe like? I'm guessing were talking pick 51 or 80 rather than 22.

More a prospective rookie selection at this stage, or a late ND pick. Rolfe is a workmanlike halfback flanker with solid enough foot skills. Not the most polished player out there but he just gets the job done. Good foot speed and strong through the hips that enables him to break tackles.

A strong tackler himself, Rolfe enjoys the congested hard ball, and is strong overhead for someone his size. Body size good (182cm, 78kg) and could play AFL football in 12 - 18 months, maybe even surprise a few next year should he be drafted.

More a prospective rookie selection at this stage, or a late ND pick. Rolfe is a workmanlike halfback flanker with solid enough foot skills. Not the most polished player out there but he just gets the job done. Good foot speed and strong through the hips that enables him to break tackles.

A strong tackler himself, Rolfe enjoys the congested hard ball, and is strong overhead for someone his size. Body size good (182cm, 78kg) and could play AFL football in 12 - 18 months, maybe even surprise a few next year should he be drafted.
Thanks for that, seems like a player Macca would love so no surprise that we're interested!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back