2014/15 A-League fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

apparently we are playing one league game for the next 3 years in Geelong.

would be happy if it was 13 home, 13 away and 1 regional (Geelong) but if it's at the cost of a home game it would be pretty s**t. it's bad enough we have 5 games + finals + ACL at docklands ffs

Happy with our opening game - F3 derby ftw! Will be good to kick off the season and Stubbins era with a win at CCM :D

In an AUFC fan point of view

Positives:

Only play the victory away once, at AAMI Park & not the s***h0le etihad (finally!)
2 home games against the arch enemy, first at Adelaide Oval.
Just 3 Friday night home games, with no less than 3 Saturday night (7:15pm) home games.
2 home games against the wanderers & roar

Negatives:

For the 4th season running, we get just a 5 day break between our round 1 & 2 fixtures where we play the roar & victory respectively, with the latter getting 2 more days rest.
Twice we get only 5 days rest between games where one involves the victory.
A whopping 7 instances where we get just a 5 day break between games, with a 4 day break thrown in it. And with the FFA Cup, rest will be minimal.
2 Sunday home games against the glory

Also our only home game against City is the very last round of the season

massive meh at the scheduling once again

only positives to look forward to is round 2 at adelaide oval (even though it's a friday) and xmas derby which is always good

away game AGAIN ffs. at least it isn't wellington i guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If David Villa is only eligible to play 10 games as a guest player, you would of thought that two Melbourne derbys could of been squeezed in the first 10 rounds.

Although the most logical reason is that the fixture was already finalised well before he signed with MCFC.

Yeah saw that, A-League fixtures are absolutely ******ed.
I thought AFL fixtures were ******ed and fixed, this is just a joke.
Just so disappointing. First of all I don't understand why it isn't the logical of playing all 9 teams in succession.

Second of all the a-league have a major opportunity to promote the game across the country with Villa. I understand some clubs wouldn't get home games but it would get more people watching on TV but instead of sharing the profits around only a few lucky clubs get a slice of the pie. Even worse is that we won't play City until the final game so players like Duff, who would attract a lot of our big Irish community, may not play due to being rested for finals.

If David Villa is only eligible to play 10 games as a guest player, you would of thought that two Melbourne derbys could of been squeezed in the first 10 rounds.

Although the most logical reason is that the fixture was already finalised well before he signed with MCFC.

not possible as it would mean in the first 12 rounds, Victory and City would have played each other 3 times.

if they moved the xmas derby to February or whatever to accommodate this, there would be a massive outrage. not that it has stopped the FFA doing stupid things like this before lol

tbh though i'm sure the FFA is more than happy that Villa is playing his first game in Sydney

In an AUFC fan point of view

Positives:

Only play the victory away once, at AAMI Park & not the s***h0le etihad (finally!)
2 home games against the arch enemy, first at Adelaide Oval.
Just 3 Friday night home games, with no less than 3 Saturday night (7:15pm) home games.
2 home games against the wanderers & roar

Negatives:

For the 4th season running, we get just a 5 day break between our round 1 & 2 fixtures where we play the roar & victory respectively, with the latter getting 2 more days rest.
Twice we get only 5 days rest between games where one involves the victory.
A whopping 7 instances where we get just a 5 day break between games, with a 4 day break thrown in it. And with the FFA Cup, rest will be minimal.
2 Sunday home games against the glory

Five-day breaks are nowhere near as significant in soccer as they are in the AFL, especially early in the season when the players are relatively fresh. Besides, without looking at the fixture in any real detail at this stage, I'm sure every team has numerous five-day breaks.

As for Victory's fixture, I am just glad that they didn't "waste" the first derby by playing it round one like they have been doing. Looking forward to heading down to Geelong for a game as well.

The 10 games don't have to be consecutive, therefore City could "rest" him for a match and have the Christmas Derby as his 10th game. Just sucks for the club that misses out as a result of this.

The 10 games don't have to be consecutive, therefore City could "rest" him for a match and have the Christmas Derby as his 10th game. Just sucks for the club that misses out as a result of this.

Depends what New York want to do. I'd say its the first 10 and if he misses any tough stick.

Round 5 Brisbane V Melbourne City :)

Game at AAMI Park on Boxing Day at 5.30pm...WHILE THE CRICKET IS STILL GOING.

Absolutely horrendous fixturing. Start it at 6.30 you'd probably get people going straight from the cricket to the soccer. But having it clash? WTF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back