Opinion 2014-15 Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

God I feel sick. In shock.

This is devastating for our country. I feel for his family and friends.

RIP Phillip Hughes.

Last edited:

I don't normally get effected by the passing of those I don't know personally. Well, I feel sad for them and their families etc. but right now I really need a stiff drink or two.

* sake. Just...

Yeah.

Just saw Neroli Meadows on Fox Sports from earlier, reporting and close to tears, but managed to finish with "forever 63 not out at the SCG". So, so sad. His poor family, so proud to watch him play and then this random, hideous accident.

There's no guarantee it would have made a difference and is completely unhelpful and in poor taste.

It's happened. It's a tragedy.
When you look at this picture, the helmet is bloody useless. It leaves such a large area exposed, that it was only a matter of time before a tragedy occurred.

I don't normally get effected by the passing of those I don't know personally. Well, I feel sad for them and their families etc. but right now I really need a stiff drink or two.

**** sake. Just...

Yeah.

He was young and likeable, so it's hideous anyway - but tragedy doesn't usually happen right in front of our eyes, when we are watching something we've seen thousands of times, and I think that makes it feel worse. Can't believe a game of cricket has actually ended his life.

#AdelaideOval

B3bTm_zCIAATUML.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Australian public are driving with their headlights ON as a mark of respect for Philip Hughes and his family as per 1116 SEN throughout the afternoon. Please, if you are driving this afternoon, flip those headlights on.

**** sake. Just...

Yeah.

Same. I have barely a passing interest in any sport outside AFL and I'm surprised how upset I am - as always we can only imagine the hurt of those closest to him.

A real tragedy.

Every channel even CNN was just talking about Phil Hughes i still cant believe it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back