2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who uses the "but we have a bunch of nufties at the top of the club" as an excuse or reason to throw flares is an idiot. Way to many heroes who think they are watching an Athens derby.

Hope they catch those responsible.

Was at the game with the girl who was hit by a flare at west leederville train station in 2012. She literally ran out of the venue when the first flare was lit she's that traumatised by the event still. First game back since then...great timing. Some of these terrace types are just bored middle class kids from bored middle class suburbs thinking they stand for something by doing this s**t. ******* clowns. This isn't just limited to glory either. Actually hang on why do I give a * anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well well well.

When the club sacked Alistair Edwards to stick with the 'boys club', I stopped supporting them and the chickens look like they have come home to roost.

The club dropped the long term plan of developing youth and went the easy fix of buying success which is apparently not so easy with a salary cap in place.

The club has become a shambles.!
Ditto and the rumour is circulating that Alistair may be the whistle blower who 'stuck it to the boys club'!

Tonight I am embarrassed to be not only a Terrace member but also a Glory supporter after the actions in the Terrace. It was a f***** disgrace and half of them at least should be banned. Starting fights, firing a flare gun at the ground (twice) which caused a kid to be taken to hospital, flares in general, trying to fight security and police, chants abusing security when they are doing their job, standing on and bouncing on seats. I will admit that most of the offenders were not usually guys who are on the terrace. Part of the problem were those wannabe hard c*** juvies who try to emulate what they see in parts of Europe. My biggest gripe is that there were young kids joining in without understanding what they are getting themselves into. Hopefully all those who deserve bans were caught on camera and have the appropriate action taken against them. It's a shame there will most likely be no terrace next season after tonight's events as I have enjoyed it a lot more than I did the shed.

Why? For the best part of the season, excluding the second WSW game, the Terrace has been s**t. Flares improve the atmosphere ten fold. The fans are angry and have every right to protest. Pathetic culture of ratting out others in the Terrace is s**t you expect from the Shed or the Den (Brisbane, not Millwall). If you can't handle a bit of pyro you shouldn't be standing in the terrace. Too many lazy "I'm too good for this s**t" teens who stand next to the Terrace and don't participate. Good on the kids who lit it I say, we've been let down by the club and deserve to have a bit of fun.

The Terrace has been s**t because a lot of people (including the better capos) have been leaving the active support this season. There are too many teens that have moved into the active bay after watching Green Street Hooligans and think acting like knob heads is the way to behave at the match. Something like this was bound to happen and people have seen it coming a mile away.

Last night went way over the top. There is a right way to vent your anger at the club and last night was not it. They were doing it to be c****, plain and simple. Flares are bullshit, add nothing to the atmosphere and piss off the players on the pitch. Not to mention a 13 year old was sent to hospital with burns. Is that okay? Good on them? This is the reason why flares are banned and when you have 15 year olds firing flare guns at the ground then this s**t is going to happen. Lets listen to all of these pricks whinge next season when there is no active area. All the effort put in by people behind the scenes to get an active area and try to grow it is all going to be for naught.

Anyone who condones what happened last night is, well, a complete and utter moron. There is no way anyone can logically justify what happened. I'm usually one of the first to stand up for active supporters as I've been an active supporter for years, but there is no way I will stand up for anyone that gets in trouble for last nights events.

The Terrace has been s**t because a lot of people (including the better capos) have been leaving the active support this season. There are too many teens that have moved into the active bay after watching Green Street Hooligans and think acting like knob heads is the way to behave at the match. Something like this was bound to happen and people have seen it coming a mile away.

Last night went way over the top. There is a right way to vent your anger at the club and last night was not it. They were doing it to be c****, plain and simple. Flares are bullshit, add nothing to the atmosphere and piss off the players on the pitch. Not to mention a 13 year old was sent to hospital with burns. Is that okay? Good on them? This is the reason why flares are banned and when you have 15 year olds firing flare guns at the ground then this s**t is going to happen. Lets listen to all of these pricks whinge next season when there is no active area. All the effort put in by people behind the scenes to get an active area and try to grow it is all going to be for naught.

Anyone who condones what happened last night is, well, a complete and utter moron. There is no way anyone can logically justify what happened. I'm usually one of the first to stand up for active supporters as I've been an active supporter for years, but there is no way I will stand up for anyone that gets in trouble for last nights events.

They need to disband the active support and start from scratch.

Appeal failed. Fine and finals ban stands. This makes Brewer's stance that everything is above board seem even more strange.

Yesterday's actions leave more questions unanswered. The joint statement from the FFA and Glory has this from the FFA -
“We understand that Tony Sage has today accepted the resignation of the former CEO, who has accepted full responsibility, and acted alone, and we will work with Tony to ensure that Perth Glory rebuilds and has processes in place to ensure this does not happen again.”

Does anybody believe that Brewer acted alone ? Especially given some of the breaches they are being punished for occurred before he started at the club and some of the alleged payments involved Sage owned companies.

There is still a stench coming out of Perth Glory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course he didn't act alone. Sage has his fingerprints all over it. He gave Brewer his old job back at Cape Lambert to shut him up. Declan Kelly is someone who would have a lot to do with it too.

I will try not to think about it all on Sunday afternoon when at In the Pines rather than being at the game. Hope the black hat gang (the ultras) enjoy their little protest.

I know a couple of the LTF guys, and maybe there is something to it, but really you have to source those kind of claims if you want to take them kind of seriously.

There have been salary cap issues in the past (Sydney FC) but I highly doubt there is anything at the level we did.

They usually talk about the game locally here. I asked for a source but got nothing although I wouldn't be surprised if other clubs were over too.

They would be or should I say would've been. Everyone would have cleaned house now. Without proof it's just going to look like bitterness if it's coming from over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back