2014-2015 Big Bash Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some questions from a BBL Fantasy novice:

1. Captain gets double points. Is there an opportunity to run a VC/C loophole (as in Supercoach)? Is it worth it?

2. Prices change after three rounds (as in Supercoach). Is it worthwhile holding off on the premos like Maxwell, Bravo, Faulkner, Wright, NCN and Pollard and wait for them to drop in price? Or because the West Indian players are only available for the first four rounds, should they be included from the start?

3. I get the whole double round and byes thing, so I’m looking to include a few Sixers players. However they don’t really rustle my jimmies and I only have two, along with a couple of Scorchers on the bench. Is this feasible?

He could be a good cheap option when Faulkner, White and Maxwell go off to One Day duties. That's why I reckon he is one to keep an eye on later in the tournament. He hasn't been picked for the first game so he is a definite stay away for now.

That doesn't happen until Rd 7 though,
Some questions from a BBL Fantasy novice:

1. Captain gets double points. Is there an opportunity to run a VC/C loophole (as in Supercoach)? Is it worth it?

2. Prices change after three rounds (as in Supercoach). Is it worthwhile holding off on the premos like Maxwell, Bravo, Faulkner, Wright, NCN and Pollard and wait for them to drop in price? Or because the West Indian players are only available for the first four rounds, should they be included from the start?

3. I get the whole double round and byes thing, so I’m looking to include a few Sixers players. However they don’t really rustle my jimmies and I only have two, along with a couple of Scorchers on the bench. Is this feasible?

I'll have a crack at answering.

1. Yes, especially in the rounds where two teams have double games. Probably worth doing as there is no real cost in those rounds.
2. Wouldn't worry about waiting for people to drop in price. You should generate cash naturally just because players often have a big score from a double round in their rolling average when you trade them out, plus normal rookie increases of course.
3. Yep, that sounds adequate, although I'd say you'd want a minimum of 7 scorchers/sixers going into round 2. Sixers have plenty of options I think, Henriques, Lumb, Maddinson, Abbott, Bollinger, and I reckon Dwarshuis could be an okay pick.

Squads for tomorrow nights games.

Sixers: Henriques, Abbott, Bollinger, Carters, Cowan, Doran, Dwarshuis, Keen, Lee, Lumb, Maddinson, Silk. Those are basically all the players they have with so many players on Aussie duty and Wessels not in the country yet. I'd say Keen is 12th man there.

Renegades: Finch, Rohrer, Wade, Cooper, Bravo, Russell, Fekete, Rimmington, Siddle, Ferguson, Ahmed, Short, Winter. Looks like Patto isn't ready to go yet, and O'Brien is a surprising omission. Expect Short and Winter to drop out.

Is anyone else having a crack at The Streak? For those who don't know it's a game where you try to pick one player in every game who will hit a six. If you pick right in all 35 games you win a million dollars (obviously impossible), and the longest streak of correct selections wins $5000.

1. Yes, especially in the rounds where two teams have double games. Probably worth doing as there is no real cost in those rounds.
So how does it work?

For example let's say you wanted to run a loophole in Round 1 by putting the VC on Cameron White. Chris Lynn (Bris) is your captain and Jake Doran (SydT) is your donut. White makes 55 and 60. If you decide to take his VC score, which one do you get? Or is it both combined?

So how does it work?

For example let's say you wanted to run a loophole in Round 1 by putting the VC on Cameron White. Chris Lynn (Bris) is your captain and Jake Doran (SydT) is your donut. White makes 55 and 60. If you decide to take his VC score, which one do you get? Or is it both combined?

Yeah it's both combined. The players with a double game just have their two scores combined into one score for the round.

Hmm but you would still have to have a non-playing rookie, I'm not sure whether I could fit one in with all the bye rounds and trading to put a full outfit on the park.

Might just have to run a straight captain

Hmm but you would still have to have a non-playing rookie, I'm not sure whether I could fit one in with all the bye rounds and trading to put a full outfit on the park.

Might just have to run a straight captain

Yeah don't deliberately have a non-playing rookie, the better approach is to have a player with the bye on your bench.

In regards to the loophole, is the best way to go about it having a vice captain a stars player then captain a Heat/Thunder player with a scorcher on the ground? For some reason I forgot how to go about it the right way... Paid off a couple of years ago when finch hit a ton on the first night

In regards to the loophole, is the best way to go about it having a vice captain a stars player then captain a Heat/Thunder player with a scorcher on the ground? For some reason I forgot how to go about it the right way... Paid off a couple of years ago when finch hit a ton on the first night

Pretty much spot on. Then if the Stars player does well enough, make the Scorcher captain and take your reserves score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone else having a crack at The Streak? For those who don't know it's a game where you try to pick one player in every game who will hit a six. If you pick right in all 35 games you win a million dollars (obviously impossible), and the longest streak of correct selections wins $5000.

Where is the streak?

VC a stars player, put a Scorcher on field as C. If VC goes nuts, leave as is, if VC goes -20, Put C on someone else.
I think I'll have Wright as the VC, Turner/Dorf as C the I'll put it on Finch if he doesn't go big

I think I'll have Wright as the VC, Turner/Dorf as C the I'll put it on Finch if he doesn't go big
Except that Wright plays TWICE. Therefore, even if he doesn't go big tonight, he may next game and the sum of both games is likely to outscore Finchy.

Except that Wright plays TWICE. Therefore, even if he doesn't go big tonight, he may next game and the sum of both games is likely to outscore Finchy.
That's a judgement call, if goes for -20 tonight, it makes it easier. Better to be able to make that judgement call than be locked into -20 + X in my book (X could be -20 also!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back