2014 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Hysteria25

All Australian
May 25, 2009
Anti-Clique HQ
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Only one Lion in the squad this year! Hanley a bit stiff here, Martin will be AA next year if he plays all season.

Tom Rockliff, Brisbane Lions.
Never Previously All Australian. 18 games in 2014. 309 kicks, 96 marks, 280 handballs (seventh in the AFL in total disposals), averaging 17.2 kicks, 5.3 marks, 15.6 handballs. 10 Goals, Three Behinds. 112 Clearances, 53 Inside 50, 64 Rebound 50m. 163 Tackles (second in the AFL).

Source: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-02/all-australian-squad-named

/discuss

It's alright next year we'll have Martin, Rockliff, Hanley, Rich, Dayne Beams, Patfull and Green in the squad.

he smashed an all time AFL record for the highest tackles per game (9.1) in a season this year. previous record was 8.4. not to mention he had the highest disposal per game average in the league this year too. well and truly deserves a spot

Rocky is a lock to make the final squad, Hanley a bit stiff not to make the initial list.

Rocky is a lock to make the final squad, Hanley a bit stiff not to make the initial list.

I don't mind it as long as they don't do their normal move of naming midfielders down back or forward. Hanley if he'd played down back all year would probably be in the team but playing midfield I think it's fair enough.

Well done, Rocky. Well earned.

Patfull would be been next in line for me.

Hanley had relatively slow start to the year while Martin didn't play enough games.

I hope he has at least one by the time his career finishes. Probably requires Lions to be playing finals calibre footy though considering how out of sight, out of mind Lions players usually are for the AA selectors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love that on 360 whenever they speak about all Australian selections, Robbo always says rockliff is a lock
Great for the club and rocky, well deserved

Only one Lion in the squad this year! Hanley a bit stiff here, Martin will be AA next year if he plays all season.

Tom Rockliff, Brisbane Lions.
Never Previously All Australian. 18 games in 2014. 309 kicks, 96 marks, 280 handballs (seventh in the AFL in total disposals), averaging 17.2 kicks, 5.3 marks, 15.6 handballs. 10 Goals, Three Behinds. 112 Clearances, 53 Inside 50, 64 Rebound 50m. 163 Tackles (second in the AFL).

Source: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-02/all-australian-squad-named

/discuss

AA trails reality by a year, generally. If Hanley takes his end of year form into next year he should be a shoe-in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back