Best & Fairest 2014 Crichton Medal live broadcast

Remove this Banner Ad

But rines I thought Stants wasn't going to finish in the top 15 even after factoring in injuries...
I said I though anywhere from 11-16.. my best guess was 14th.

So yep.. he finished 4 places higher than I thought.

I really believed that Myers, Z Merrett, Hocking and Colyer would finish higher than him,

Would be interested to see the full votes, I imagine it would have been very close around that 11-16 range.

Stanton played 5 more games than Myers so odds were here was going to finish in front with our voting system. Doesn't mask anything though.
Yeah.. I probably didn't factor that in enough.. I have no doubt that Myers has gone past Stanton this year.. and Z Merrett will next year..

Still.. I don't think 10th in a B+F from a senior player is cause for OTT celebration.. especially when (as you said) guys like Watson, Fletcher, Winderlich, Myers all miss multiple games with injury..

But still.. congratulations to Stanton.. let's hope he gets the hip right and plays a really important role next year. We are going to need consistent players if we want to fight for top 4.

Nup.. got 4 out of 5.. missed Hibbo (thought he missed too many games) and had Ryder too high (sucked in!)

Top 3 were easy really.. then it got a bit harder
Yea you were really close. Everyone had Ryder.

Yeah.. I probably didn't factor that in enough.. I have no doubt that Myers has gone past Stanton this year.. and Z Merrett will next year..

Still.. I don't think 10th in a B+F from a senior player is cause for OTT celebration.. especially when (as you said) guys like Watson, Fletcher, Winderlich, Myers all miss multiple games with injury..

But still.. congratulations to Stanton.. let's hope he gets the hip right and plays a really important role next year. We are going to need consistent players if we want to fight for top 4.
Who said it was cause for celebration. It was more a reflection of how outlandish some statements were that he was a complete spud this year...

Oh and statements like Zerrett had a better year are completely delusional and is exactly what I àm referring to.

Yea you were really close. Everyone had Ryder.
Ryder was equal 2nd in our voting on BF.. I wonder if we all didn't put Ryder coloured glasses on.

I've never been a huge huge Ryder fan.. but I thought he had a break out year.. but the coaches didn't see to agree.

Makes me feel a little better about losing him..

Any comment from Fletch/Winders about next season, obviously not?
Wasn't a lot said by anyone really.

Also one of the flattest crowds at a B+F for a while.

I'd suggest that we might not hear about Fletch/Winders until after the Ryder trade is finalised.. to see how many spots on the list we have.

Winders will not return if Hird is sacked.

Wasn't a lot said by anyone really.

Also one of the flattest crowds at a B+F for a while.

I'd suggest that we might not hear about Fletch/Winders until after the Ryder trade is finalised.. to see how many spots on the list we have.

Winders will not return if Hird is sacked.

Unbelievable. What the players must be thinking???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said it was cause for celebration. It was more a reflection of how outlandish some statements were that he was a complete spud this year...

Oh and statements like Zerrett had a better year are completely delusional and is exactly what I àm referring to.

Hasn't finished outside the top 10 since 2004, his debut year. Everyone else can gagf.

THE FUNCTION IS ABOUT TO COMMENCE

Congrats to Heppell on his B&F, fantastic player to watch (even tho he would look better in navy blue). Hope it sets him up for a big couple of years (except against blues), always good when a star turns it on and D.Hep. plays the game in a way it should be - with flair and enjoyment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back