2014 Formula One World Championship - Round 18 Brazilian Grand Prix

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope we get some decent action towards the end. How many passes have actually been made not through pit error, penalty, failure or different strategy?

This race has been so scrappy after the first lap. Multiple pit lane speeding penalties, plenty of stuffed pit stops, Massa nearly stopping in the wrong box, Hamilton going off etc.

Massa 38 seconds back, even when you factor in his penalty and his pitlane oops, the Mercs just belted them. Ridiculous.

Well, was hoping Lewis could catch Nico at the end, but Rosberg's been stronger all weekend. Still, barring mechanical gremlins, Lewis should secure the championship next time out.

Have watched it now, few thoughts.

1 - Massa starting to resemble the bad guy in True Lies

55-TrueLiesVillainMS-799017.jpg

2 - Piquet is a woeful interviewer. So creepy how he was talking about lewis's partner.

3 - is it just me or is old Pastor starting to get a bit better as a driver? Less crashes and didn't do too badly overall I thought.

If ROS wins the Championship now because of the double points BS it will be a debacle (i.e he finishes first and HAM 3rd)....Pretty sure if this double points crap wasn't around, if ROS finished 1st in Abu Dhabi, Ham would have to finish 6th or better to win the WDC.

Rosberg winning the title from here would result in much hilarity from our English friends, it won't happen though.

Rosberg winning the title from here would result in much hilarity from our English friends, it won't happen though.

I remember the lulz from Hamilton and Alonso in their only year together somehow conspiring to gift Raikkonen the title in 2007.

That being said, I would feel for him if he lost it from here. In my view a better driver than Rosberg this year and deserves to be further out in front. If Rosberg only wins because of the double points in Abu Dhabi I will vent at the FIA - even moreso.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That being said, I would feel for him if he lost it from here. In my view a better driver than Rosberg this year and deserves to be further out in front. If Rosberg only wins because of the double points in Abu Dhabi I will vent at the FIA - even moreso.

This is how I feel as well. HAM has been the better driver all year (just look at race wins alone) and has won more races when he wasn't on pole as opposed to most of ROS wins which have been from pole to flag.

If ROS only wins because of the double points its going to be a farce.

I understand that its not always the better driver who wins the WDC, and sure any driver could DNF in any race or win more races through the year and still not win the WDC, but how is it fair that ONE particular race is allowed to be worth more in the championship than any others? Only person that it is currently "fair" to is ROS.

IF ROS comes first and HAM does finish below 6th, hence ROS wins the WDC without the aid of double points, then well I can't really complain and my argument is void...but fat chance of that happening. It will either be 1st, 2nd or DNF for the Merc's at Abu Dhabi.

Hamilton deserves the title. Despite an extra retirement and two extra mechanical issues in quali, he leads by a fair margin. In head-to-head battles he's bested Rosberg more often than Nico's bested him. He has 10 wins to 5 and would be champion already if not for that extra retirement.

Have watched it now, few thoughts.

1 - Massa starting to resemble the bad guy in True Lies

55-TrueLiesVillainMS-799017.jpg

2 - Piquet is a woeful interviewer. So creepy how he was talking about lewis's partner.

3 - is it just me or is old Pastor starting to get a bit better as a driver? Less crashes and didn't do too badly overall I thought.
That Lotus this year just hasn't had the grunt to put him into a position to crash, why had to get creative with a couple of them.

Not ruing my sensible decision to bail after a bout 20 laps and go to sleep, yay 5am start, since it was a real action packed race from all reports.

Last edited:
Hamilton deserves the title. Despite an extra retirement and two extra mechanical issues in quali, he leads by a fair margin. In head-to-head battles he's bested Rosberg more often than Nico's bested him. He has 10 wins to 5 and would be champion already if not for that extra retirement.
He doesn't deserve it just yet, I wholeheartedly disagree with that line of thinking that IF he had more luck with this that etc. He leads current on merit and having the fastest car by a margin. I think he will win but he hasn't just yet.

Bring on Bernie's Abu Dhabi Double Points Blow Out! :drunk:

Or what if Rosberg had one less retirement?

I don't think it'll make a difference, Hamilton will finish first, second or not at all. Can't see the Mercedes being beaten at Abu Dhabi by any car unless there's mechanical issues or huge driver error, so would personally be surprised if Hamilton finishes but loses the WDC

Or what if Rosberg had one less retirement?

I don't think it'll make a difference, Hamilton will finish first, second or not at all. Can't see the Mercedes being beaten at Abu Dhabi by any car unless there's mechanical issues or huge driver error, so would personally be surprised if Hamilton finishes but loses the WDC
I point out the retirement situation to illustrate that, despite that lost ground, Hamilton has eclipsed Rosberg. Had he not had that extra retirement, he'd probably already be champion. All things being equal, I'll stick to my guns and say he deserves the title.

i downlo...i mean 'acquired' a copy that was from cnbc in america (leigh diffey!) and during the ad breaks they basically did a split screen with the ads and the race, with the audio being that of the ads. obviously not as good as ad free, but i thought it was a pretty good compromise.

i downlo...i mean 'acquired' a copy that was from cnbc in america (leigh diffey!) and during the ad breaks they basically did a split screen with the ads and the race, with the audio being that of the ads. obviously not as good as ad free, but i thought it was a pretty good compromise.
Impressive that the advertisers allow them to do that. Doubt Channel 10 would be willing to take the hit to advertising revenue to do that.

Double points is a bullshit system (shouldn't be much argument from anyone, anywhere about that) but this nonsense that if anyone wins the title due to double points they won't be the rightful champion, or they will have an asterisk next to their name is bullshit. The title is decided by the points system in place, and it has been in place for the entire season. Regardless of the merits of the particular system does anyone say Ayrton Senna - 3* time world champion?

Luckily as DrKrieger says it shouldn't end up mattering. The Mercedes is so stupidly dominant they should finish 1st, 2nd or DNF. It would take something fairly unlikely happening for them to finish elsewhere.

But there's a sense something unlikely is likely to happen.
Hamilton could just gently plow into the back of Rosberg, just enough to ruin his race and guarantee the win. (I know i'm being silly, would expect Hamilton to win this with a Merc 1-2 either way)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back