2014 Formula One World Championship - Round 4@ Shanghai

Remove this Banner Ad

So we can thank vettel for disobeying orders and slowing him down, otherwise he would of caught and passed the dirty scuderia in the last two laps?
borderline, he didn't get held up for that long really but you never know. It definitely hurt his chances but I don't think it was the difference between 3rd and 4th to be honest.

Well I was only able to watch the later replay since Easter and all, turning in to a very boring season with regards to the title, its going to be a Merc for sure. Great to see Ricciardo do well, also Alonso getting it right to get that Ferrari up there too.

It really seems like the Red Bulls will come in to there own on the tracks with hardly any long straights.
What track has hardly any straights at all? Monaco.

Just imagine ADR getting his first win at Monaco.

I think for some reason this will be Ricciardo year to shine. While he isn't faster than the Mercedes cause of car speed, by the time of next year everyone will have gotten used to the lower downforce cars and it will be a level playing field and if Mercedes split turbos aren't banned, everyone will using them and people will have to find a new revolutionary device to get ridiculous car speed out of.

Vettels a dog. How anyone can be a fan of his I have no idea.

So we can thank vettel for disobeying orders and slowing him down, otherwise he would of caught and passed the dirty scuderia in the last two laps?

Dirty?
Look at your race and the sports teams and sports people of your nation.
ffs.

All champions have a mean streak. Just part of their nature.
absolutely, you don't have to "like" Vettel but he doesn't deserve to be demonised either.

he's no different to Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Brabham, Lauda or anyone else. They're only on the track for one reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd get banned, remember you like vettel.... shock/horror.
I've barely posted in the last two race threads due to missing them but everytime I've had a look there's some s**t fight going on. Usually started by the same idiots.

Loving Dan's performance so far. In the back of my mind, I think Vettel will respond eventually, but DR has done enough already to say he deserves a good ride and backing. :thumbsu:

Has there been any explanation about Vettel's rapid drop in pace a few laps into the last stint? For a few laps there it was, 2, 2.5 second or less, then it went to 4, 6, within a half dozen laps it was over 10 seconds gap and growing. Did he have a crack at Dan, couldn't do it and settled for points? Or was it something else?

All champions have a mean streak. Just part of their nature.

That doesn't change the fact he's a dog.
One can argue that the relationship with Webber was poison, so that's why he did what he did.
But Ricciardo is a new team mate, and he is behaving hte same way. Tough luck?
Maybe next race Ricciardo should take him out intentionally, and say "tough luck"...

One can argue that the relationship with Webber was poison, so that's why he did what he did.
Maybe next race Ricciardo should take him out intentionally, and say "tough luck"...
Remember that time Senna deliberately drove into Prost?

Or Schumacher drove into Jacques?

Or Alonso parked in the McLaren pit box and held up Lewis in qualy?

If you want to watch a driver being friendly and giving way, watch a Marussia. Otherwise if you want to watch the big boys, you need to toughen up.

Maybe he should, after he has made enough money and go to another team.
Ricciardo should just keep doing what he's been doing. Best way to unsettle Vettel.

Damon Hill seems like the last genuinely nice guy champ. And they sacked him after he won the championship for them.
Massa would have been if he had done it in 2008.

Maybe he should, after he has made enough money and go to another team.
Ricciardo should just keep doing what he's been doing. Best way to unsettle Vettel.

Damon Hill seems like the last genuinely nice guy champ. And they sacked him after he won the championship for them.
Massa would have been if he had done it in 2008.
From memory, wasn't Hill's only competition that year Jacques? Given Schumacher's Ferrari kept breaking.

Has there been any explanation about Vettel's rapid drop in pace a few laps into the last stint? For a few laps there it was, 2, 2.5 second or less, then it went to 4, 6, within a half dozen laps it was over 10 seconds gap and growing. Did he have a crack at Dan, couldn't do it and settled for points? Or was it something else?
Cracked. The. Sads.

Or from the Vettel nuthugging brigade: Decided to just bring the car home in the safest fashion possible, as he is renowned for doing. Before chucking on his cape and flying off into the sunset to save kittens from burning houses and whatnot.

I don't care if Merc are dominating. It's a change from Vettel!

Ricciardo brilliant. Only 4 races in though. Let's see if he can continue to beat Seb.

Ferrari pulled out some pace in China. Interesting to see if they can take that to Spain.

Remember that time Senna deliberately drove into Prost?

Or Schumacher drove into Jacques?

Or Alonso parked in the McLaren pit box and held up Lewis in qualy?

If you want to watch a driver being friendly and giving way, watch a Marussia. Otherwise if you want to watch the big boys, you need to toughen up.

I'm sure you also remember the many drivers who followed team orders and helped their team mate.

I get that it's competitive, they aren't paid to give way to drivers from other teams.

If a turd like Vettel can't follow team orders, what the hell is he doing in a two car team?
I'm sure he has enough money by now to start his own team.

I'm sure you also remember the many drivers who followed team orders and helped their team mate.

I get that it's competitive, they aren't paid to give way to drivers from other teams.

If a turd like Vettel can't follow team orders, what the hell is he doing in a two car team?
I'm sure he has enough money by now to start his own team.
So team orders are good today? Okay. Just checking. It's hard to keep up. The BF opinion of team orders seem to change as regularly as the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back