List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a genuine question, pull you're head in!
Throwing up names of players from other clubs who can't get a game doesn't constitute quality posting either!
So you want to add Thurlow, Martin and Lyons in, along with the players you mentioned, to lead our midfield for the next decade?

We've traded for depth twice, Cheney and Spangher, because they can play KPD, and key defenders/forwards are very hard to replace if injured, so are good backup/insurance.

Can you name me someone else on our list that we traded for who isn't in our best 22?

I wouldn't be trading for a midfielder from another club when we have similar already at BHH

If you were upset by my question then please accept my deepest apologies and buy yourself a nice new box of cleenex and send me the bill!

I've never known for guys with talent to improve further at different environments. I rate what the List Manager mentions, his posts are quality.

It is time to use our 1st pick on an 18 year old we want. Keep it simple in 2014's draft. Hartung is fine but he is 6 places below what may have been our 1st choice. It might have been Hartung, we will never know.

A midfielder like Duggan or Degoey or Hore or Blakely or Weller is my 1st pick. Do not trade away.

It is time to use our 1st pick on an 18 year old we want. Keep it simple in 2014's draft. Hartung is fine but he is 6 places below what may have been our 1st choice. It might have been Hartung, we will never know.

A midfielder like Duggan or Degoey or Hore or Blakely or Weller is my 1st pick. Do not trade away.
Unless we trade for a better pick. Oh man. This is why people are paid to do this

Weller is a pipe dream. If we got him I'd cream my jocks! 200 game star right there.

Just heard On AFL 360 that James Frawley Has agreed to terms on a contract with Collingwood for next year. Well that's another player gone out of our reach I'm wondering who wear after I haven't heard anything but i know we are after midfielders. I hope it's Sheil or Jonathan O'Rourke. Or another option for Hawthorn is to wait until next year when a lot more better players come out of contract.

Lock our players in. Stockpile the cash or throw it at a couple of younger guns.

Frawley isn't worth the coin he's asking and if the Collingwood story is true they'd be the only ones dumb enough to pay it!

Just heard On AFL 360 that James Frawley Has agreed to terms on a contract with Collingwood for next year. Well that's another player gone out of our reach I'm wondering who wear after I haven't heard anything but i know we are after midfielders. I hope it's Sheil or Jonathan O'Rourke. Or another option for Hawthorn is to wait until next year when a lot more better players come out of contract.
No, Robbo reckons he has but made it very clear that's just his opinion based on the Buckley questioning.

No, Robbo reckons he has but made it very clear that's just his opinion based on the Buckley questioning.

He said one of he's sources told him that James Frawley had agreed to terms with Collingwood. He then said it was strange Buckley's response to the questioning. He then said it was all Speculation at this stage and nobody really knows what's going on Behind the scenes. I think Robbo's sources would be pretty good. It's a pity because if we could have got Frawley for the right price he could've been a real benefit to our team. The question is who do we go afternoon now I know we need midfielders and I don't want us to sit on our hands while other teams grab young talent from GWS or other teams.

He said one of he's sources told him that James Frawley had agreed to terms with Collingwood. He then said it was strange Buckley's response to the questioning. He then said it was all Speculation at this stage and nobody really knows what's going on Behind the scenes. I think Robbo's sources would be pretty good. It's a pity because if we could have got Frawley for the right price he could've been a real benefit to our team. The question is who do we go afternoon now I know we need midfielders and I don't want us to sit on our hands while other teams grab young talent from GWS or other teams.
He was talking out of his arse. If he has a source right now that he believes in that actually said that then he would not be saying it on AFL 360 with the preface that it's speculation, etc. He would have saved it for the Sun.
It could be that Frawley will sign with Collingwood, and after seeing Buck's answer last night I wouldn't be surprised by that. But as it stands Robbo knows as much as anyone else about this but as a journo wants to drop little bits like this along the way for him to go back to once it is announced for him to hang his hat on. He's speculated that Frawley is going to be at probably half a dozen clubs already this year.

Not convinced Frawley is what we need after watching him a bit closer the last few weeks. Especially not for what he's asking.

Was listening to Mark Riccuito on Adelaide radio today and he was saying that Hawthorn are right into Dangerfield, and he fears he will leave.
Most likely clubs are Hawthorn or Geelong.
He still believes there is a strong possibility Dangerfield will stay at Adelaide, but they would have to offer him a 7 or 8 year deal to see our the rest of his career.

Was listening to Mark Riccuito on Adelaide radio today and he was saying that Hawthorn are right into Dangerfield, and he fears he will leave.
He still believes there is a strong possibility Dangerfield will stay at Adelaide, but they would have to offer him a 7 or 8 year deal to see our the rest of his career.
If he didn't play so combatively and without regard for his body you'd do it in a heart beat if you were Adelaide. He seems like he could be career over at 28 the way he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he didn't play so combatively and without regard for his body you'd do it in a heart beat if you were Adelaide. He seems like he could be career over at 28 the way he plays.
Do you think we'd play him the same way or play him a li'l more out of the FP, similar to how we play Silk off the HBF?

The way Adelaide play him, it seems to me like they're a poor person with a Lotto win. They flash him round & expect him to be both the icing & the cake & to a large degree he delivers, but at what cost? I think we'd rotate him through FP/HFF a bit rather than just let him burn out by 28.

For those with longer memories (or earlier birth dates) than me, is he compareable to Lethal with regard to physical wear & tear?

If we nabbed Danger, most of the Crows supporter base would pass out from all the booing they'd have to do for Gunston goals and Danger disposals :p

Do you think we'd play him the same way or play him a li'l more out of the FP, similar to how we play Silk off the HBF?

The way Adelaide play him, it seems to me like they're a poor person with a Lotto win. They flash him round & expect him to be both the icing & the cake & to a large degree he delivers, but at what cost? I think we'd rotate him through FP/HFF a bit rather than just let him burn out by 28.

For those with longer memories (or earlier birth dates) than me, is he compareable to Lethal with regard to physical wear & tear?
I think you're exactly right on all counts. I totally agree that we'd use him just like Burgoyne (probably get a bit more midfield time being younger). And if we couldn't get him to not be so wreckless (and I doubt we could or would) then we'd probably end up giving him an extra week or two off throughout the season with "general soreness". Some tinfoil hat wearing folk would claim that he only starts missing those week due to poor medical staff when it would actually just be good player management. Dangerfield would do wonderfully with us but it's probably going to end up being $1M/7 years kind of deal and I just don't see us entertaining that.

Last edited:
I think you're exactly right on all counts. I totally agree that we'd use him just like Burgoyne (probably get a bit more midfield time being younger). And if we couldn't get him to not be so wreckless (and I doubt we could or would) then we'd probably end up giving him an extra week or two off throughout the season with "general soreness". Some tinfoil hat wearing folk would claim that he only starts missing those week due to poor medical staff when it would actually just be good player management. Dangerfield would do wonderfully with us but it's probably going to end up being $1M/7 years kind of deal and I just don't see us entertaining that.
If it was 6m over 7 then I'd say go for it - especially if we are in a position where we can pay ahead early in the contract.

If it was 6m over 7 then I'd say go for it - especially if we are in a position where we can pay ahead early in the contract.
I would too for a talent like him. I just don't know if the club would.

If its one thing we all learnt it should be trade the player if he's not prepared to commit to the club.

Franklin was an example of this as I see it if Adelaide had made Dangerfield an offer at seasons end that he wasn't entertaining and it was there max they'd be crazy not to put him up for trade.

Get compo or put him up for trade now where they will get much more than what they would if they didn't.

I hope we learnt this lesson to and I hope it's the way we go ahead with contract negotiations.

I don't think you can pay ahead on a restricted free agent..........
I meant a front loaded contract so that the average amount over the last few years is less. Once the contract is set you can't pay forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back