Competitions 2014 Geelong Board National Draft prediction competition CLOSED

Remove this Banner Ad

Here goes:

10 - Sam Durdin - need a KPD and he is the best available

47 - Jaden McGrath - would probably be rated higher had he not had an injury interrupted year. Brings pace and goal smarts.

55 - Peter Bampton - inside beast.

60 - Jackson Nelson - running half back - great get this late in the draft

SJ: 0/4

Last edited by a moderator:
What I think will happen (for the sake of the competition):

10. Wright - Rumours have linked us to him and we have met with him in the last week.

47. Nelson - Underrated falcon under Wells' nose. Tall and uses it well - typical Geelong selection.

55. Ramsey - Our greatest need is KPD and if we don't take one at 10, we will need to later and think it'll be this guy.

60. Butler - Twomey linked us with him, a running small def/mid.

What I hope to happen:

10. Jake Lever
47. Dillon Voijo-Rainbow
55. Jaden McGrath
60. Aiden Anderson

What I think will happen (for the sake of the competition)
It is all a toss of the coin anyway. If you like someone, you might as well just put them in, especially those late picks.
Made me laugh. Couldn't even hold a place at Werribee.
I didn't even notice that.

I thought he was referring to Blakely at #55.

10- Petraca, will slide
47- Lever, knee scares everyone off
55- Wright, slides due to magic
60- Blakely, I'm going to give him a call and all the other clubs so we can get him.

This drafy will address a few needs. We will also rookie Brayshaw and a couple of others for a laugh.

Ok, this thread gone nutty. What I would like to see :
10 : Lever ( Goddard if Lever gone)
47 : Keenan Ramsay ( classic swing flanker with size and attitude we love)
55: Blaine Broekhurst (pace)
60 : Dylan Hodge ( if he has an injury free year this year we will never be in a position to draft him - take the punt).
Really torn on Caleb Daniel and would be happy if we had a crack at him

Ok, going to have a ping at this this year.

Pick 10: Jake Lever
Pick 47: Clem Smith
Pick 55: Jayden McGrath
Pick 60: Josh McGuinness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 10: Jake Lever
Pick 47: Clem Smith
Pick 55: Jackson Nelson
Pick 59: Daniel Butler

Whether it's these names read out, I hope for a Key Defender in a draft where they happen to be strong and an assortment of decent mids.

As a fan of Clem Smith I'm liking the last 3 posts.

Can I ask, has there been a whisper in the last 24 hours?

I'd be surprised if he lasted that long but if he did he'd be a good pick-up. Great attack on the ball and man.

I'd be surprised if he lasted that long but if he did he'd be a good pick-up. Great attack on the ball and man.

Not an official whisper for me but for the others perhaps, not sure.

I agree it's unlikely but he is the best I can see who has any chance of falling that far.
Bundy fell to 40, Murdoch 49, I guess it can happen. There's a number of pre-selections in this draft too. Hopeful.

Last edited:

Not that I'm aware of, unfortunately. I think he'll still be there at pick 47 though FWIW.

Ahern
Lonie
Keitel
Bampton

Stab in the dark

10. Nakia Cockatoo (will also take the #5 jumper)
Explosive, quick on the outside and very strong in the contest also. Could end up being the best player of the draft.

47. Toby McLean
Small forward/midfielder. Kicked 32 goals in the TAC Cup and averaged 22 possessions. Takes screamers and kicks goals.

55. Jackson Nelson
Very reliable medium defender.

60. Ryan Tester
Shutdown 198cm tall defender. Kept Peter Wright goalless in one match.

Not the worst I have seen , gives us a bit of everything. NC in 5 , thats a cheeky prediction and its so Wells to drop the hammer early on him

Listened to PelicanPelcan on AFL.com the other day , he talked about an under perfroming Riolli at the Combine , instead of turning them of him they saw upside.. Could Smith be the same?

This article says our pick 10 has been linked with Cockatoo also. Would be rapt with that.

This would resonate with most of the Geelong board , the Wells pick that may have been gotten with 14 or later , get taken at 10. He also would have a few ticks in the Wells recruit book. A player undervalued due to injury or conditioning is something he has done plenty , sometimes to win sometimes not. And out of all teh players in thsi draft , Cocka too is probably the one with most dynamic impact potential. He reminded me of Judd teh way he ripped the ball out of the centre and ran. The issue is can we use P10 on a 1 game in 18 months player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back