Injury 2014 Injury Tracker

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
Hi folks - someone made a point it would be a good idea to have one thread for all injury tracking.
This is that thread. Please put all your 2014 injury news for the club here.

Given the latest news:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-26/tex-walkers-return-date-pushed-back

I thought we'd start a thread for all posts related to Tex's comeback.

I'm more concerned now than I was on him coming back to full impact. He looked fantastic at a few training sessions - must be some particular aspects to it they aren't happy with yet...

Last edited:
I reckon he will be back in the AFL in round 7 or 8 after playing 2-3 games in the SANFL

Doesn't really faze me. He's not going to be back to normal Tex until 2015 anyway, and seeing as though we're highly unlikely to challenge for the flag this year, why rush him?
My feeling is the longer he takes to get back.. the more a chance there is he won't get back to his best. Sure, we need to get him right and should wait for that. But if there are issues driving him taking longer to 'get right' -> will they ever be truly overcome.

Anyway, main point was I wanted a thread for it as the link was goign into multiple threads because we didn't have a dedicated one. It will be news every week til he is back.

I've heard round 3 vs Centrals at Elizabeth (19th of April) and then will see how he goes. Hoping for an AFL return around the 3rd of May.

Vs Melbourne

My feeling is the longer he takes to get back.. the more a chance there is he won't get back to his best. Sure, we need to get him right and should wait for that. But if there are issues driving him taking longer to 'get right' -> will they ever be truly overcome.
Damn you Allefgib! Putting those kinds of ideas in my head.:mad:

We are in the luxurious position of not needing him back straight away with our plethora of (tall) forward line options (Pod's, JJ, Smack, Otten, Lynch...then add Bett's, Porps etc). It will be good for some of these guys to get development into them. We can get Walker right to impact when it really counts while developing and looking at what else we have. I have always rated Otten as a forward. J-pod ticks boxes. Others are also showing potential. Clever move by the club. If injury and form necessitate it he will come back sooner, but why risk his long term future when we don't have to. I will say round 10-15 unless lack of form or injury dictate otherwise. :thumbsu:

The report I heard was between round 5 and 15.

At this stage of his recovery the best case would be round 5, any setback and that will push out.

The Club cannot put a date on it, might as well as said between round 5 and never.

We just need to be patient :thumbsu:

Hope you guys are right.

Media may be blowing it out of proportion in saying it's been delayed , and the round 15 etc.

Sando has said round 5 to 15.

However, the thing that concerned me is Sando describing the extent of Tex's injury now. I haven't seen him describe it in that way before, so hoping he hasn't had a major setback, and they are describing it more severely to soften the blow.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd just like a report I can believe

Sando now says its not a normal acl its like a car crash

If true why wait til now to say it. Only a couple of weeks ago he was chance for round 1

Sando only said tex could play round 1 during a press confenrence out of wanting Tex in the team and seeing the way Tex approaches his rehab.

Sando has since said it was a mistake to say walker could be ready for round 1

y6enume9.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

the Sando smokescreen, Tex to play round 2, kick 5 and win the medal.

I think Sando has tried to temper expectation and the pressure for Tex to return. Well I hope that's what it is.

He won't be fit until about 16, play poorly.In the first week of the finals while we're getting smashed by Melbourne he'll be moved to the half back flank,where he'll fail miserably, get dropped the next week, then traded to GWS.

We'll win the flag and forget about everything.You see the coach will have done the lot without him so will no reason putting up with the immaturity star forwards are born with.

They have to play him sometime but this is now coming across as if they are actually frightened to actually take that risk in case he does it again.

They need to just rio the bandaged off and play him as soon as he gets medical clearance and deal with the consequences.

He won't be fit until about 16, play poorly.In the first week of the finals while we're getting smashed by Melbourne he'll be moved to the half back flank,where he'll fail miserably, get dropped the next week, then traded to GWS.

We'll win the flag and forget about everything.You see the coach will have done the lot without him so will no reason putting up with the immaturity star forwards are born with.
I prefer the analogy where he rips off his brace at half time in the prelim before running back onto the field and leading the side to victory ;)
(then ends up suing the club... :p)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back