Injury Season 2023 Injury updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure we’ll ever see McPherson in crows colours again..

Unfortunate really..

Plenty of talent.. body just isnt up to it.. not even able to hold up to SANFL rigours so he probably needs to give the game away altogether..
Yeah he’s done. Patience would have worn thin plus need to create list spots, shame really

Sad to see McPherson’s paper mache body breakdown yet again, a bit of a wasted talent who was probably played out of position through his time in the AFL, always looked like he was a midfielder stuck playing as a defender.

Remember when he was given a super rare appearance in the midfield at SANFL level and absolutely dominated with a truckload of possessions.

Tom Doedee, concussion protocol..... Did Tom slip over and bump his head ?

That was the softest acl ever. Doed's just rolled sideways. unbelievably unlucky.
All it takes..

Looks worse than sloanes did..

And Lever’s second one when he’d left us and was playing for the Dees.. that one looked like he’d done absolutely nothing..

Doesnt take much.

All it takes..

Looks worse than sloanes did..

And Lever’s second one when he’d left us and was playing for the Dees.. that one looked like he’d done absolutely nothing..

Doesnt take much.
When my Newfoundland did his, it looked like nothing. He was just on his walk, then stopped and absolutely refused to move on. It was an ACL. No stumbling, just no apparent cause. In cases of innocuous ACLs there is a genetic factor (in dogs, at least). I was advised that he was a 50% chance of doing his other one within 6 months, but that didn't happen.

When my Newfoundland did his, it looked like nothing. He was just on his walk, then stopped and absolutely refused to move on. It was an ACL. No stumbling, just no apparent cause. In cases of innocuous ACLs there is a genetic factor (in dogs, at least). I was advised that he was a 50% chance of doing his other one within 6 months, but that didn't happen.
My personal experiences with sporting injuries:
  • 95% corresponds to the impact and loading of the joints/region.
  • 5% comes out of the blue where it hardly took much force/strain ie. no darn idea how or why!

Young midfielder Zac Taylor will be sidelined indefinitely after a decision to surgically remove the plate in his foot after he suffered a Lisfranc injury in April.

Adelaide's injury list as of Tuesday, August 1:
Izak Rankine (hamstring) 1-2 weeks
Andrew McPherson (quad) 2-3 weeks
Zac Taylor (foot) TBC
Jordon Butts (foot) season
Nick Murray (knee) season
Tom Doedee (knee) season

Wow thats a quick recovery for Izak....could play as early as next week against Brisbane...we'll need him..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame about Taylor. Was at a function he was speaking at the other week and he seemed optimistic of playing before the end of the year.
The wording of the announcement implied that it was the Crows who decided to remove the plate and screws.
They probably want to start his final recovery as early as possible without being distracted by SANFL.

On that though, what has such a medical decision got to do with the Crows? It should be between the lad and his doctors.

Shame about Taylor. Was at a function he was speaking at the other week and he seemed optimistic of playing before the end of the year.
Was the player I was most looking forward to debut this year.

Theo said on Channel 7 tonight that Rankine is recovering quicker than expected and is eyeing a return against the Lions
Not a fan of this idea. That was a 4 week hammy.

It feels like Port prioritising a few wins over the health of a player

Granted very different circumstances but it has a slight smell about it

It’s a hamstring. They will have clear metrics to determine if he’s ready or not (strength, power, speed, agility testing all with pre injury baselines to compare to) and they wouldn’t play him if he wasn’t ready because if you’re not ready after a hamstring yiu simply can’t perform.

And if he were to re injure it, it’s not setting him up for a long term issue.

If we win this week - It's likely going to come down to beating Brisbane to make the 8.

It will be 20 days between the Melbourne game and Brisbane game.

At worst - he pulls his hammy again and his preseason starts mid August which gives him 12 weeks to heal in time for a preseason training in November.

I would rather take the risk than have him rest for the Brisbane game and then have the possibility of having him play two dead rubbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back