Injury Season 2023 Injury updates

Remove this Banner Ad

If you google knee fractures you will see other than patella fractures (kneecap) it can involve fractures in the tibia and femur bones close to where they attach to the knee, I'm thinking it's the latter type as Burgess said it's pretty unusual.
Well he did do a lot of gym and rowing as a young teen right? Might be some stress fractures that got worse over time.

If you google knee fractures you will see other than patella fractures (kneecap) it can involve fractures in the tibia and femur bones close to where they attach to the knee, I'm thinking it's the latter type as Burgess said it's pretty unusual.
Could be a Tibial plateau (top shelf of the tibia bone). Not entirely common in AFL. More so car crash, horse riding, skiing, water sports.

'knee fracture' doesn't make me suspect patella, as they'd probably have just said Patella or knee cap.

Interesting.

Oops! I was seduced by today's reference to it. I should have responded to that post. Sorry. :oops:
No worries. Here is the updated injury report. Only Bond and McAdam included, which is pretty good, relatively speaking. Bond probably about 6 weeks away. Not as if he would have debuted this season anyway. He can learn the systems and further develop before playing some games second half of the season.

Don't know exactly. Whenever I hear knee, I shudder. I think the worse. Always recall Mark Stevens knee cap issues. I recall him on the ground and smacking it back into place and playing on. :sick:
Darren Creswell for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's just about season over for Taylor re an AFL debut.
Yeah, that's a tough break for the kid. 3 months put him at what, round 19-20 before he's resuming?

Fingers crossed it doesn't linger on him.

Also silver lining, hopefully he can use that time away from the field to further develop his frame a bit. Come back stronger in 2024

Lisfranc notoriously tricky. Injuries to the mid foot are slow to heal and must heal fully to ensure no risk of re-injury. That will likely be his season and some. What a damn shame.

Does that mean we will have a pick in the mid season draft?
Might as well put him on the long term injury list if there is someone we want in the MSD..

At this point its hard to see Taylor getting an AFL debut this year.. and, if he does make it back onto the field really late in the SANFL season he probably wont get the required amount of games up to ensure he qualifies to play sanfl finals (if the crows make them)..

What a disaster.

Might as well put him on the long term injury list if there is someone we want in the MSD..

At this point its hard to see Taylor getting an AFL debut this year.. and, if he does make it back onto the field really late in the SANFL season he probably wont get the required amount of games up to ensure he qualifies to play sanfl finals (if the crows make them)..

What a disaster.
Would we be able to get a permit for an injured player who's never played AFL?

Or is it a games cut off with no wriggle room?

Would we be able to get a permit for an injured player who's never played AFL?

Or is it a games cut off with no wriggle room?
Probably not.

We'll probably also have more AFL listed players qualified for finals than we're allowed to pick.

What a disaster.

pointless even trying to come back this year. Just treat it as a season enderer and plan to hit the preseason running.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back