List Mgmt. 2014 List Management thread - 10 changes to the senior list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough.

It seems the only thing we are in disagreement on, is that kids like Salem, JKH and Toumpas should push Jones and Bail out next year.

I don't see their development being a concern if it takes a couple more seasons for them to be cemented in the senior side.

I'm expecting to not see much of Salem and JKH next year as they're given the chance to learn and develop in the VFL which is more Roos style. And I'm more than happy with that. I really think that Toumpas will be in the side because he's better than Bail and Jones. At some point in the (hopefully near) future, we're not going to have to pick between talented players or hard working players, we're going to be able to pick talented hard working players for the senior side. I think Toumpas will fit this category.

My only reason for wanting Bail and Terlich gone this year is because they were out of contract. If they were contracted and it were Matt Jones and McKenzie out of contract then I'd want them gone instead. At the moment we have Bail, Terlich, M.Jones, McKenzie and Evans as guys who clearly look like sub-standard AFL players without much room for improvement. I want as much quality on our list as possible so weed out Bail and Terlich this year then the rest next year and replace with what we hope more ability. That's just how I see it.

Was seen training at Gosch's this morning with a bunch of other players (non-official running session).

So you'd think if he is going to get the boot, he doesn't know yet.

That said, Evans and McKenzie were also there.

Im not sure if they will be delisted, I cant remember what we need but we might not even use 53 at the draft
Roos would probably rather McKenzie

At this stage we can use 2 & 3.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't drop one of those guys and use 40.
Yeah I'm much the same. I would have thought that of those 3 players plus what we are getting in that Evans is the most expendable. Who knows though, all 3 could go and the PSD could be calling

There are some good players around 40 and 53 to take a look at. Would rather take a stab at a JKH or McDonald or Swan or Gray type than persist with Evans and McKenzie and even Tapscott.

There are some good players around 40 and 53 to take a look at. Would rather take a stab at a JKH or McDonald or Swan or Gray type than persist with Evans and McKenzie and even Tapscott.

I'd delist Evans and rookie McKenzie. That would give us pick 40 and either 53 or #2 in PSD. I'd be very surprised if we didn't go into the draft with at least pick 40.

I'd hold onto Tapscott. He's yet to have a full year uninterrupted by injury. I think we've seen the best of Evans and McKenzie, but yet to see the best of Tappy.

I'd delist Evans and rookie McKenzie. That would give us pick 40 and either 53 or #2 in PSD. I'd be very surprised if we didn't go into the draft with at least pick 40.

I'd hold onto Tapscott. He's yet to have a full year uninterrupted by injury. I think we've seen the best of Evans and McKenzie, but yet to see the best of Tappy.

Problem is both McKenzie and Evans are contracted for next year, Tapscott isn't. I'd prefer Tapscott than either McKenzie or Evans as well; but with clubs whinging about players under contract demanding trades, seems a bit double-standard to go and delist contracted players.

Problem is both McKenzie and Evans are contracted for next year, Tapscott isn't. I'd prefer Tapscott than either McKenzie or Evans as well; but with clubs whinging about players under contract demanding trades, seems a bit double-standard to go and delist contracted players.

You still have to pay out the contract, so it's not exactly the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The OP has been updated for a few days now.

Under the 40 & 4 list model we currently have 2 senior spots available and 2 rookie spots available.

Is there a full list anywhere of delisted free agents available? Couple from Essendon do interest me, Dell Olio and Hardingham. Also a couple of the Geelong players delisted, even possibly Kane Lucas.

I know list spots are at a premium, but if we can do as we said and delist Evans a year early and pay out his contract then I think we should be committed to upgrading our list anyway that we can and would be neglecting our duty to not at least have a look at what is on offer.

If that means we get a couple of these guys to train with us at the start of pre-season, to have a look before Delisted Free Agency concludes on December 1, I think it is worth a crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back