List Mgmt. 2014 List Management thread - 10 changes to the senior list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roos said today we will go to the draft with 2, 3 and 40 - so if my maths is correct then somebody is definitely getting the chop, surely Pickles? Question is, do we have to rookie him or can we simply cast him off if we honour his contact?

Roos said today we will go to the draft with 2, 3 and 40 - so if my maths is correct then somebody is definitely getting the chop, surely Pickles? Question is, do we have to rookie him or can we simply cast him off if we honour his contact?
We're obligated to rookie him with at least our last pick if nobody else picks him in the RD.

Seems a cop out to say we were tired
The best teams are the ones who remain unchanged and we hardly have a young group on match day

More than likely teams worked out we were a 1 trick pony and that we weren't going to hurt them on the rebound so there was no need to panic against them

In fact the the team we pushed twice (PA) play a non stop fast game which ment we had to change

Once teams tagged Tyson we lost our clean use out of the stoppages and our forward structure was set up for rebounds ( against us)

We went into most games way to tall last year, and with a limited number of flankers able to run through the middle.

It's not a cop out - our list was genuinely light on for midfield run.

Don't think that's correct

I think we can pay out a player and delist
Ah, ok.

When we delisted and then rookied Newton (under contract) maybe it was a gentleman's agreement or perhaps the rules have changed? Not sure.

I find it funny that we have the worst list in the league, yet nobody to delist.
If I was list manager and contracts didn't exist, I'd have had McKenzie, Evans, Terlich, Jones and one of Barry or Hunt cut...

We went into most games way to tall last year, and with a limited number of flankers able to run through the middle.

It's not a cop out - our list was genuinely light on for midfield run.

We went in tall by choice , not because there were no mids left

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was list manager and contracts didn't exist, I'd have had McKenzie, Evans, Terlich, Jones and one of Barry or Hunt cut...

The most frustrating part is that we voluntarily signed Terlich at the end of this year, otherwise we could've culled him once we got Lumumba. We don't need all of Grimes, Garland, Lumumba, Jetta and Terlich. Younger midfielders can also be used to learn across half back, heck even Vince and Cross can play there. But as we can't really get rid of Terlich now, I think we cut one of McKenzie or Evans. I guess McKenzie is a better club man based on the awards he has won over the years, so I lean towards chopping Evans who has probably already been overtaken by Riley, Michie and Newton, who themselves are currently fringe players.

How many games has Evans played in the last 2 years? I have a feeling a few as sub
Not many, though he bagged 3 or 4 goals against GWS last year when we made our 12 goal run which I think earned him an extension a week or so later (list management at its finest :$).

We went in tall by choice , not because there were no mids left

Disagree.

Guys like Blease, Michie, Evans, Riley and Mckenzie didn't earn their stripes for a regular senior spot.

Also, our flankers (as reasonable players as they are) such as Dunn, Garland, Howe and Grimes are goo stoppers, but don't really provide much run.

Lumumba should help a great deal in that regard.

Dunn, Garland, Howe and Grimes are goo stoppers

Agreed. At times last season our goo was far too runny. We need more viscous animals in the backline.

Not runny enough was probably more my point.

Don't we use our goo to stop the opposition? Frawley and Dunn are great at gooing all over the other team's best forwards.

Tim Harrington - the former list manager - is to blame for a lot of the mess our current list is in. Signing Evans for 3 years on the back of one good quarter against GWS (who were rubbish at the time)... McKenzie for 3 years. Goodness gracious me.

Post-Harrington now but I'm still not sure why we were so hasty signing Terlich before trade week. Matt Jones still has 2 years to run on a contract, watch for that to be a problem in 12 months time.

I'd happily trade any of the guys I've mentioned for pick 40. In fact, we'd be making out like bandits. So really, there's no excuse not to be using that pick because some spud couldn't manage the list properly.

Delist Evans and be done with it. I'd even be up for delisting McKenzie and using pick 52 or PSD 2 as well.

I feel that GWS match took a bit of heat off Mark Neeld, well quarter rather. I mean if we won by a few goals he still may of copped the heat but the fact it was record breaking really came in handy. I unfortunately couldn't make it but I rate it as one of the best games in the current horrible era. The best is still the freo game in 08.

I feel that GWS match took a bit of heat off Mark Neeld, well quarter rather. I mean if we won by a few goals he still may of copped the heat but the fact it was record breaking really came in handy. I unfortunately couldn't make it but I rate it as one of the best games in the current horrible era. The best is still the freo game in 08.

Yes I agree, I was at both games, the final quarter against GWS was great, but I also felt it was just so ridiculous that we were in that position in the first place against them (given they were only starting their second season) that it wasn't quite as enjoyable. With the Freo game, I still remember saying to my gf at the time, if we don't come out in the second half and show some kind of spirit then we are getting up and leaving at 3/4 time. It was a thrilling come back, best parts being when Aaron Davey took that mark in the goal square and when Wonna kicked the goal from point blank range and ran around the fence line. Spine tingling stuff.

That GWS game is one of the least enjoyable I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot of unenjoyable games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back