2014 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 scoring shots to 5 in the first is where it was lost. Had them on toast. Thought they were gone halfway through the last, good comeback, but it happens just about every time...miss early goals you pay in the end.
Same thing Freo did the week before that cost them a chance of sealing that game away.

Any Crows fans go over to support big brother?

I've gone over with a couple of Port mates.
c8c61c8b35e78a6d3de80272207631d94d72357461e53981e8498a02f624bb1f.jpg

Any of you lot starting to get that deja vu feeling? ****.
The last quarter was eerily similar to our prelim against the Hawks. Got back to under a goal right near the end but just fell short.

Absolutely gut-wrenching and I actually felt a little bad for your supporters :p

The last quarter was eerily similar to our prelim against the Hawks. Got back to under a goal right near the end but just fell short.

Absolutely gut-wrenching and I actually felt a little bad for your supporters :p
Yeah I bet you did. :D

I changed my mind about 5 times on that call. I think it slots right into the grey area of front on contact.

The shocking part was the call from the umpire on his decision, "only one person was going for the ball". Um pretty sure the rest of us saw two people going for the ball and Gibson the more likely one being infringed upon if there was any call.

They shouldn't complain about the umpiring considering that decision and pretty sure schultz threw the ball in the first quarter that ended with a goal. Think it was gray who ended up kicking it, but the look he sent the umps way as he was running in, implied to me that he thought there might be a free against them.

Port were superb. They were hard at it, they never gave up ... and how they got back in it was awesome.

You can bet you won't hear Ken Hinkley going on about "one kick away from a Grand Final" for the next 3 years !!

See this is just silly. I don't understand this obsession that Ken does everything right. I don't think he did anything at all well in the second half of the season and really when you take into account that since the mid year break they only managed to beat Western Bulldogs, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Carlton, Richmond and Fremantle. The only team that is a scalp is Fremantle. While many state this was a successful year, I call crap because it was really the 1st half of the season that got them into the finals and really a flukey win away from home after Fremantle failed to kick straight means nothing.

Yeah I bet you did. :D
Was a horrible feeling when the final siren blew in the 2012 prelim. One of the most upsetting times as a Crows supporter because I knew that was our chance to finally make a GF after 15 years of not being in one. I also realized we probably wouldn't do as well in 2013, and that definitely happened...

The shocking part was the call from the umpire on his decision, "only one person was going for the ball". Um pretty sure the rest of us saw two people going for the ball and Gibson the more likely one being infringed upon if there was any call.

They shouldn't complain about the umpiring considering that decision and pretty sure schultz threw the ball in the first quarter that ended with a goal. Think it was gray who ended up kicking it, but the look he sent the umps way as he was running in, implied to me that he thought there might be a free against them.

I have seen that call go either way a million times. Front on contact is front on contact and I don't think the ump is wrong to give that free or not give it.

Was a horrible feeling when the final siren blew in the 2012 prelim. One of the most upsetting times as a Crows supporter because I knew that was our chance to finally make a GF after 15 years of not being in one. I also realized we probably wouldn't do as well in 2013, and that definitely happened...

We had a lot of good memories that year. Hmmmm no wonder I still bask in that sunlight.

We really should have rolled Sydney in W1. That was the choke that stuffed up 2012.

Geez port supporters are a bit touchy on facebook tonight. Look at this reply to my innocent status after about 1 min after posting. I was not even talking about football although I may have been doing a little Facebook Fishing ;)

My status: Was a beautiful day today. Sun was shining and the birds were chirping.

PAP Facebook Friend: Pitty the dark clouds will be around for your mob for a few years to come....also runs of SA footy....Indeed it is a great day and more to come for some but not for others Wink Wink....Life truly is good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port blew their chance in the 1st quarter. The Hawks dominated the game thereafter until the last minutes. Port had a chance late, Andrew Moore's kick from the boundry line narrowly missed. And then was that stupid Holding the ball decision. Hawthorn would have to play much better if they are going to beat Sydney next week.

See this is just silly. I don't understand this obsession that Ken does everything right. I don't think he did anything at all well in the second half of the season and really when you take into account that since the mid year break they only managed to beat Western Bulldogs, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Carlton, Richmond and Fremantle. The only team that is a scalp is Fremantle. While many state this was a successful year, I call crap because it was really the 1st half of the season that got them into the finals and really a flukey win away from home after Fremantle failed to kick straight means nothing.

Not silly at all.

I hated how we were obsessed with how good we were in 2012, the freakin' "one kick" rubbish spouted by our coach and supporters was a chain around our necks. My point was that Hinkley isnt that type of person or coach. He understands high performance coaching. He will more likely use it as an example of what they DON'T want to be.

Port were great, they finish 3rd FFS.

If you wanna start breaking down a season into who beat who - have a good look at our 2014 ... or even better look at 2012, that was a dream draw.

Pull your head out of the sand and be big enough to concede that Port had an excellent season and things are looking good for them as a team.

It has NOTHING to do with the AFC. Nothing.

Not silly at all.

I hated how we were obsessed with how good we were in 2012, the freakin' "one kick" rubbish spouted by our coach and supporters was a chain around our necks. My point was that Hinkley isnt that type of person or coach. He understands high performance coaching. He will more likely use it as an example of what they DON'T want to be.

Port were great, they finish 3rd FFS.

If you wanna start breaking down a season into who beat who - have a good look at our 2014 ... or even better look at 2012, that was a dream draw.

Pull your head out of the sand and be big enough to concede that Port had an excellent season and things are looking good for them as a team.

It has NOTHING to do with the AFC. Nothing.
I can't find anything factually wrong with adelaidecrows assessment, in fact it hit the nail on the head. Hinkley is Brian "the Life of Brian".

Yeah, agree with OutofTownCrow. Had similar debates on the Port board of late.

Time to start a "everything Crow and everything Port is crap board or two separate boards" and leave the existing ones for those of us who want to have a decent discussion or two. Plus noddy of course. :D
Just about every decent discussion of late is being railroaded by Cow and Pap crap.

You don't think he coached well in the finals? And using poor kicking for goal as an out, do you want to hand back our 98 flag or concede Port should have won yesterday?

Wrt kicking for goal at the MCG. Could that be used as a reason for interstate sides to ask for more games there rather than playing Melbourne sides in Tasmania, Antartica and Outer Mongolia?

Port were superb. They were hard at it, they never gave up ... and how they got back in it was awesome.

You can bet you won't hear Ken Hinkley going on about "one kick away from a Grand Final" for the next 3 years !!

See what I mean, read Hinkley's quote here and compare:

"We lost, that’s not a great effort. A great effort is when you win. You don’t accept great effort, I don’t think, and we’re not going to be a football club that does that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back