2014 QFA Northern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey I'm the real Tiger :D
That's because Maroochy played a couple of spare players in defence primarily on him last time to the overall detriment of their own scoring (2 goals for the whole game)...to be honest if that Fitzgibbon from Kedron can towel up Brown or Hartley from Mayne this weekend then he deserves the title...

That's because Maroochy played a couple of spare players in defence primarily on him last time to the overall detriment of their own scoring (2 goals for the whole game)...to be honest if that Fitzgibbon from Kedron can towel up Brown or Hartley from Mayne this weekend then he deserves the title...

That's total rubbish. Both Ferguson and Faulkner who had kicked half their season goals to that date were well held by a 17 and 19 year old. They just had ordinary days and well held. Browny and Hartley will want to have their skates on as this bloke is a running machine!

I've already awarded him the title Tiger...hawk. Its my opinion. I'd put Percy Roberts ahead of anyone at mayne as well but thats another arguement. Mayne are well coached, have a good spread of old and young players and a good mix of high quality blokes and honest toilers. They will be at the pointy end come the end of the year. But I reckon Kedron could be too if they can get their best 22 on the park. Duce didn't play v Noosa or Maroochy and they won. He would be one of the better rebound defenders in the comp and with Clarkey back there provide a real springboard. Unfortunately from what i've benn told it will be a weekend that a few miss due to army commitments - otherwise would have been a ripping game..

Not buying into who's the better player argument every team has their gun player and no doubt Fitzgibbon fits that category. Hope both teams can field their best team this week to produce a ripper game and day for both supporters.

Sounds like rivalry round Tiger (the real one!!) with the 2 north Bris sides and Maroochy v Noosa. Noosa have a big day planned with a old boys get together + Mark Harvey speaking at their presidents lunch I've been told. Their club is ticking along nicely atm.

It's great for this comp, Sunny rivalry plus Mayne and Kedron had a long history in the old QAFL, maybe an idea for a double header one day!

Mayne 145 d Kedron 56 Redleggers was Kedron missing a number of players?

Last edited:
Big crowd at noosa on the weekend for the local derby. They put on a ripper day, made a good $ too I would imagine. Very good football side, will be right in the mix come finals time esp now their coach has thrown the boots on.

From what I saw Kedron jumped Mayne early but Mayne just killed them from Qtr time onwards. Kedron started getting dirty towards the end. I think it will be a Noosa Mayne final.

I bumped into Andrew Housego at the local shopping centre this week what a nice guy! I stand up applause this weekend will be his 250th game against Maroochy! Very fit looking 35 year old footballer!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well fk me - Tromphy's 100th last weekend, Housego's 250th this weekend, any chance some of these clubs can schedule their blue ribbon days for someone other than Maroochydore??

Well fk me - Tromphy's 100th last weekend, Housego's 250th this weekend, any chance some of these clubs can schedule their blue ribbon days for someone other than Maroochydore??
haha we are not greedy we like to share... doesn't always guarantee a win to the club celebrating the milestone but no offence I hope it does for Housego

Great effort by the Mayne Football Club to have there ladies organise a netball match against Maroochydore ladies this weekend! Let's hope this sparks other clubs in the comp to encourage netball teams. Maybe this is a start of a chapter to join netball and football together like down south.

Was great to see a very humble in victory team, Kedron, stay around and partake in a few beers yesterday. It wasn't just a couple of players but more like 20 odd. They stayed for our awards as well. One team in particular could take a leaf out of their book as the week before not one player/official stayed... Not one. Kudos to Kedron.

Was great to see a very humble in victory team, Kedron, stay around and partake in a few beers yesterday. It wasn't just a couple of players but more like 20 odd. They stayed for our awards as well. One team in particular could take a leaf out of their book as the week before not one player/official stayed... Not one. Kudos to Kedron.
Mayne was great also at Fisherman's Rd on Saturday. They stayed & listened to the awards. The Roos coach has a policy that the players and coaching staff, goes into the clubhouse of the host side, show respect and support and have a beverage. It's also a great way to network with other coaches and players.

Big game down at Everton this weekend between Mayne and Noosa, should be a very hard fought contest. Come down and watch even if you are a neutral fan, reckon you will enjoy a tight contest!

Hey Tiger G, I have it on very good authority that one A. Housego is going to be investigated for an incident in last weeks game. Were you at the game and can you recall any incident?

Hey Tiger G, I have it on very good authority that one A. Housego is going to be investigated for an incident in last weeks game. Were you at the game and can you recall any incident?
no didn't go, so I can't comment on what happened sorry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back