List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is three years older and has a history of knee and soft tissue injuries. Plus it looks like he may actually stay at Sydney - if he doesn't then he is probably just looking for a final pay day.

I can see why we'd be going after Lumumba - he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he's a good age (27) and has plenty of finals experience.

Even after you mentioned all that I still rather malcheski, he is a star player and worth the risk.

Just say we add Lamumba to half back, does that then pave the way for the permanent moves to midfield for both LMac and Atley, thus addressing some of the pace issues in that area of the field? Half backs including Wright, Macmillan, Mullett and Lamumba, midfield including Ziebell, Swallow, Cunnington, Greenwood, Wells, Atley, McDonald.

Interesting Re: Lumumba... don't know how to take it.

Brad's "no dickhead policy" is real, can guarantee at least one senior player has been delisted in part because he was a "dickhead". Wouldn't harry o fall squarely into that.

Interesting Re: Lumumba... don't know how to take it.

Brad's "no dickhead policy" is real, can guarantee at least one senior player has been delisted in part because he was a "dickhead". Wouldn't harry o fall squarely into that.

Apparently has good history/rep with Brad and Walshy.

Look at his best he could offer some dash and adds some size on a back flank. It's the off field crap that worries me. I actually think he may end up with us, not sure how to think about it though.

Even after you mentioned all that I still rather malcheski, he is a star player and worth the risk.

No doubt he's the better player, but can see why we'd go after Lumumba. Malceski will only leave Sydney for cash.

That's my point, Currie is a list clogger fully fit and not good enough for a game.

Liam Anthony list clogger

Mitch Wilkins- list clogger

S McMahon- list cloger

T. Hine - list clogger

there's five how many draft picks do you see us using?

Then Harper, McKenzie and Jacobs.

Followed by in no particular order Tarrant, Delaney and Curran who are always injured. Big difference from someone who's not good enough when fit.

Our first pick is what 16? by the third round we're in deep speculative picks, hell even our pick 2 is.

Personally i think we'd be nuts to delist Tarrant, Delaney or Curran given the their potential upside. Plenty we can trim off the list who we know wont make it as you highlight.

Nah, for whatever reason seems out of favour at the dogs.
From what I've seen he looks good and their is definite upside there
He is inconsistent but has talent. I am very surprised that the dogs didn't just stick at it with him. They could do s**t load worse than having him play out of the square with his pace and size.

Just say we add Lamumba to half back, does that then pave the way for the permanent moves to midfield for both LMac and Atley, thus addressing some of the pace issues in that area of the field? Half backs including Wright, Macmillan, Mullett and Lamumba, midfield including Ziebell, Swallow, Cunnington, Greenwood, Wells, Atley, McDonald.

The thing I worry about both lmac and atley being in the middle is they may not be strong enough for midfield defending especially with the likes of Sydney and freo, think they are best suited on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big yes to Lumumba from me. Only 28 when the season begins, will add speed and ball skills from the back flank thus releasing Atley/Lmac into the middle and we need more outside players anyway. I personally have always rated him and i'll be more then pleased to see him wear the royal blue and white.

Don't know enough about Liam Jones to comment on that one.

does it worry you at all, that a club desperate for a forward can't make it work for Jones? it does me a little.

Definitely. But is the problem Jones or the Bulldogs?

Any idea at all when we announce our delistings?

A lot of clubs did only a day or two after the season ended.

Would they maybe wait until the players have enjoyed their best & fairest night next week?

AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News
1 min ·
The Age is reporting that North Melbourne are already being aggressive with their trading strategy ahead of the trade period, as they have now been linked to serval players.

The Roos have approached disgruntled Magpie, Heritier Lumumba about a move to Arden Street.

North is understood to appeal to Lumumba because of his association with football boss Geoff Walsh and coach Brad Scott and the fact the Roos are in contention for a premiership.

It could tie in well for Collingwood, who have expressed interest in North's Aaron Mullett.

North have also put a official contract in front of Carlton free agent, Jarrad Waite who is still deciding on his future.

North have also presented Western Bulldog free agent, Shaun Higgins with an official deal, whilst the Roos have also approached his current teammate, Liam Jones who is out of favour with the Dogs and is yet to deliver on the expectations that came when he was drafted

1 min ·
The Age is reporting that North Melbourne are already being aggressive with their trading strategy ahead of the trade period, as they have now been linked to serval players.

The Roos have approached disgruntled Magpie, Heritier Lumumba about a move to Arden Street.

North is understood to appeal to Lumumba because of his association with football boss Geoff Walsh and coach Brad Scott and the fact the Roos are in contention for a premiership.

It could tie in well for Collingwood, who have expressed interest in North's Aaron Mullett.

North have also put a official contract in front of Carlton free agent, Jarrad Waite who is still deciding on his future.

North have also presented Western Bulldog free agent, Shaun Higgins with an official deal, whilst the Roos have also approached his current teammate, Liam Jones who is out of favour with the Dogs and is yet to deliver on the expectations that came when he was drafted
* that!!

1 min ·

I knew it was a bad idea for Mullett to get that sleeve tattoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back