List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never really been one to get into the draftees before the night but I do like the sound of Jake Lever. Being a leader down back, he could really learn a lot from Phil Davis. What's everyone else's thoughts?

The ACL worries me, mostly because of Patton, but I am no medical expert, if the club deems him healthy I would back them.
Patfull and Shaw also defensive leaders, it's going to be an interesting dynamic to watch

And if it is just a rumour and he has no issues moving interstate you would have to think pick 4 - Pickett, Pick 6 - Lever, Pick 7 - ?
If Leon was serious about the inside mid than Ellis appears the best?, no way Brayshaw lasts through the first 3 picks

Pick 4 Peter wright there's a tall pick 6 lever or Goddard both real good outside pace go for Pickett at 7 and 23 Connor Blakey if he is still there

On afl.com.au they said today that if the giants don't pick wright at 4 he could slip out to pick 10 or more

Never really been one to get into the draftees before the night but I do like the sound of Jake Lever. Being a leader down back, he could really learn a lot from Phil Davis. What's everyone else's thoughts?
I'm also thinking Lever is a lock. Shows good temperament/ leadership potential= quality kid. Peter Wright I'm not so sure about, particularly if he's viewed as a long term project player, where his role duplicates Rory Lobb's. Lobb might already be first off the cue for ruckman-switch-forward.
IMO, I'd be picking only one 'project' player, but other picks are kids that are ready to go this year, or at least add to immediate competition for spots.
So in the draft, definitely 1) a defender to keep Plow/Bunts on their toes, 2) a small zippy irritant type forward and 3) the best available kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance of you guys taking Laverde at 4 and wright at 6 or 7? Would love it if Collingwood missed out on Laverde. No chance they go for Wright at 5.

Wright with 2 years on him will be perfect to replace Cloke.
Yeah but they have a bunch of talls that could potentially do that... White for example. Plus Cloke is only 27 not exactly on the way out. I think its generally accepted Collingwood are looking for midfield depth id be suprised of they went tall

Some very good genes there:

Pickett's grandmother Anne Davis (his dad's mum) had 18 siblings. One of those is the father of Leon Davis, a 225-game player for Collingwood. Lance has about 70 first cousins on the Davis side of his family.

He is also related to Byron Pickett, who played 204 games over 11 years for North Melbourne, Port Adelaide and Melbourne. Lance and Byron Senior's (Byron's dad) grandfathers were brothers.

Once every few years, the Davis clan, consisting of many cousins, come together to play a memorial match against the Ugle family, another large Indigenous family who has had young members pass away. The last time Pickett played in that game, he won the medal as best afield. (It now hangs in his family's kitchen, tangled with other medals and among other football accolades.)

Monica is the second cousin of St Kilda champion Nicky Winmar, and is also related to the Kickett family. Monica still goes by her maiden name of Collard, a family which produced former Fremantle and Richmond-listed player Clayton Collard. "I've always wanted to make it to the AFL like they did," Pickett says.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-04/going-places-we-catch-up-with-jarrod-pickett-nobody-else-can

The other point to remember on Pickett is we've had an Ugle play for us. He didnt stick, but he'd be able to give an honest opinion on what we're like as a club.

The other point to remember on Pickett is we've had an Ugle play for us. He didnt stick, but he'd be able to give an honest opinion on what we're like as a club.
might not be the best thing seeing as he is no longer with the club:rolleyes: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back