List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks a tremendous young lad who is really is keen to challenge himself and be the best he can.

He has an interesting body shape, quite a broad jowl and built very similar to a young indigenous boy I used to love watching named Dean Rioli. Dean often had to battle weight issues and I think Jarrod will have to be super disciplined in this area as he might tend to blow up easily as he gets older.

It certainly does not appear an issue right now and he seems to be doing all the right things to keep in shape.

Have you guys heard any rumours you are a near cert to take Pickett with pick 7?

Have you guys heard any rumours you are a near cert to take Pickett with pick 7?

I wonder what is the art or science of which pick you use for a particular player if you have consecutive picks. I can understand the logic behind picking a particular player at pick 4. If we are contemplating picking Pickett at 7 (for example) why aren't we picking him with 6?

Is there any rhyme or reason why we picked WHE at 4 instead of 3 for example? I can understand why you might want to make a fuss over a particular player at No. 1, but does it really matter beyond a trivia question or BF hypotheticals down the track?

I wonder what is the art or science of which pick you use for a particular player if you have consecutive picks. I can understand the logic behind picking a particular player at pick 4. If we are contemplating picking Pickett at 7 (for example) why aren't we picking him with 6?

Is there any rhyme or reason why we picked WHE at 4 instead of 3 for example? I can understand why you might want to make a fuss over a particular player at No. 1, but does it really matter beyond a trivia question or BF hypotheticals down the track?

I would pick the most psychologically strong player first. Not that it makes much difference.

Some quotes from Jarrod Pickett today -

Looking east
In Pickett's bedroom, 14 footy jumpers are on clothes hangers on the wall. There's his junior club jumper, the ones from his representative teams, and the AIS-AFL Academy Australian shirt. His most prized is a West Coast jumper, signed by former captain Chris Judd. Pickett is an Eagles supporter, and has a footy signed by the 2006 premiership team. But he would prefer leaving Western Australia to pursue an AFL career.

"I'm looking forward, if I get the chance, to move out of Western Australia. I'd like to do that. Not live a different life, but have a change, you know?" he says.

"I'd like to get out of my comfort zone. I'd be fine. I could fly Mum and Dad over four or five times a year and they could come other times as well. They are probably going to move to wherever I go, if I get drafted interstate, midway through next year anyway, so it's not long," he says.

"I know a player at most clubs already. I'm pretty easy to get along with, I talk to anyone, and I think I'd be fine once I get into the system, get used to the team, and then get stuck into a pre-season." -

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-...g-question-for-draft-speedster-jarrod-pickett

Looks like a pretty low flight risk!

Thats interesting and not the first time i have heard/read that (although i can't remember where i read it) o_O

It was in the draft edition of inside football so don't know if you caught it there.

But its pretty clear were rather keen on Pickett:

Two weeks ago, he (Pickett) caught up with Greater Western Sydney's list manager Stephen Silvagni, coach Leon Cameron and welfare manager Craig Lambert, talking about what would happen if he moved to the Giants, where he would live and how it would all work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was in the draft edition of inside football so don't know if you caught it there.

But its pretty clear were rather keen on Pickett:

Two weeks ago, he (Pickett) caught up with Greater Western Sydney's list manager Stephen Silvagni, coach Leon Cameron and welfare manager Craig Lambert, talking about what would happen if he moved to the Giants, where he would live and how it would all work.

I keep changing my mind but if we went Laverde (4), Lever (6), Pickett (7) and one of Garlett/Lamb/McKenzie or Viojo-Rainbow(23) I think I'd be happy as we would be addressing key needs with best available talent.

If for some reason we overlook Pickett then we need Garlett who I see as a Brad Hill type.

Some quotes from Jarrod Pickett today -
"I'm looking forward, if I get the chance, to move out of Western Australia. I'd like to do that. Not live a different life, but have a change, you know?" he says.

"I'd like to get out of my comfort zone. I'd be fine. I could fly Mum and Dad over four or five times a year and they could come other times as well. They are probably going to move to wherever I go, if I get drafted interstate, midway through next year anyway, so it's not long," he says.

"I know a player at most clubs already. I'm pretty easy to get along with, I talk to anyone, and I think I'd be fine once I get into the system, get used to the team, and then get stuck into a pre-season." -

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-...g-question-for-draft-speedster-jarrod-pickett

Looks like a pretty low flight risk!

Exactly what the piece was designed to do. Looks to manufactured for me. Reeks of agent.

I've watched Pickett's highlights twice and I wasn't impressed. More than half his kicks went to the opposition.
We already have WTF Curtly Hampton who is bigger and more ready. I don't get the appeal.

Everyone is jumping on my boy Blakely's bandwagon amidst rumours the inside-mid may have grown to 189cm. Compared to Callan Ward I'd take him at 7.

Reece McKenzie is climbing too and you can see why from his highlights he is a beast. 6ft5in, 106kg and the 2nd fastest 20m at the whole combine. A vise-like mark and set piece goal kicker. A pure power forward, Cameron would love playing off him. I'd grab him. If he goes early maybe a Petracca or McCartin will fall to us.

I've watched Pickett's highlights twice and I wasn't impressed. More than half his kicks went to the opposition.
We already have WTF Curtly Hampton who is bigger and more ready. I don't get the appeal.

Have a look at his under 18 highlights here - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-...g-question-for-draft-speedster-jarrod-pickett
He hits plenty of targets, is very unselfish and has enormous dash.

At this stage of our development we a re looking at players that can provide a point of difference. Something we really lack is breakaway speed, this kid has that in spades.

i like pickett at pick 7 but i worry about his consistency in 2011 liam sumner was the same quick explosive speed and inconsistent like him and they said he will improve at afl level and he hasnt but when pickett is on he is real hard to stop.

Just say next year trealor wants to come home , we have the number 1 pick is that enough to get him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back