List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking Wright at 4 if McCartin didnt fall, then Pickett & Goddard

Guys check this video of Kyle Langford - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-08/meet-kyle-langford

Most of these videos are impressive as they are a snapshot of the best parts of the kids games but this video package is particularly impressive.

I would say out of every video I've seen including Petracca this lad Langford's is the most impressive.

For me he looks a player and the most AFL ready. If you watch it closely he always has time which is the mark of a player. He also looks to be very athletic and versatile.

I don't think he's ever been mentioned in our reckoning but geez he looks super impressive to me.

Herald Sun suggesting we will take:
http://tinyurl.com/meccywt

4 - De Goey
6 - Goddard
7 - Pickett

WTF??

Didn't see a couple of those!!

What am I missing about Goddard?? Highly touted last year he's had an average 2014 and was projected as a 15-20 selection in most parts. Why reach at 6?? This looks like another O'Rourke scenario.

De Goey seems to find the ball but pick 4!! Wow.

Happy with Pickett at 7

Not sure if we go this way we're making the most of our position but time will tell!!

If I were a Hun journo I'd write us up with Durdin Laverde Pickett, would be a fantastic combo, the pick 23 icing..
Problem is there are plenty of likely combos and a whole bunch of journos needing to report or create to keep their jobs..

Most of them are using nothing more scientific or reliable than some form of ouija board

It does seem like we have almost settled on Pickett as the guy to give us the outside run we want and Goddard to become the key defender to cover the monster forward, But that 3rd pick we have in the top 10 is still very much up in the air.

Surely Laverde is the man, those 3 would be points of difference. If we went 2 kpd's we're idiots!

Must say De Goey looks a bit like Greene but doesn't get the ball as much outside but better kick.

If you go off what Leon suggested than this Herald Sun phantom is the closest match

Please elaborate on "A bit like Patton?"
I don't think he has a kicking issue? His DE is considerably better than JCs for example..
I meant for goal only not general/General play. He panics and shanks too many.

g

4 - De Goey
6 - Goddard
7 - Pickett

WTF??

Didn't see a couple of those!!

What am I missing about Goddard?? Highly touted last year he's had an average 2014 and was projected as a 15-20 selection in most parts. Why reach at 6?? This looks like another O'Rourke scenario.

De Goey seems to find the ball but pick 4!! Wow.

Happy with Pickett at 7

Not sure if we go this way we're making the most of our position but time will tell!!
goodard worths pick 6 just what we need I perfer him over jake lever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does seem like we have almost settled on Pickett as the guy to give us the outside run we want and Goddard to become the key defender to cover the monster forward, But that 3rd pick we have in the top 10 is still very much up in the air.
Yeah happy with Pickett and Goddard but unsure with the other pick

4 - De Goey
6 - Goddard
7 - Pickett
WTF?

That's a pretty bland draft apart from Pickett who is a risk/reward prospect.
Not happy with DeGoey at all. Much prefer Blakely or even Ahern.
Why not get Alex Neal-Bullen at 23. We have Jack Steele anyway.
Also prefer Lever to Goddard.

So far our recruiters have done a pretty good job so I guess we just have to believe!

The worst part about having so many lads off contract is not knowing which ones will stick.

WHE is my favourite player but worst case if he left we would need Laverde but we won't know until it's too late!

Frustrating

I meant for goal only not general/General play. He panics and shanks too many.

One thing I love about AFL is the stats, I go through them a lot, it's funny how people often have a perception, like this, but it's not borne out in fact. It can be that we remember one really bad game or miss etc, and that becomes our recollection of the player..

There are 2 players on our list who were more accurate than Jonno in 2014, Smith and Palmer..
And the gap isn't much, Rhys 65.7, Devon 63.4 and then Patton at 59.5.
Genuine KPFs dont feature that well in the rankings, possibly because the smaller players are often more opportunistic and kicking from very close.

That's a pretty bland draft apart from Pickett who is a risk/reward prospect.
Not happy with DeGoey at all. Much prefer Blakely or even Ahern.
Why not get Alex Neal-Bullen at 23. We have Jack Steele anyway.
Also prefer Lever to Goddard.

Agree that it's an uninspiring set of choices, though it's only a newspaper opinion piece, not a draft strategy from the club.

For me Mummy management/ruck relief is a major area of concern.
If we don't take Wright, aren't we basically cementing either Phillips or Stewart in our 22?
Changes a lot of people's best 22s.

One thing I love about AFL is the stats, I go through them a lot, it's funny how people often have a perception, like this, but it's not borne out in fact. It can be that we remember one really bad game or miss etc, and that becomes our recollection of the player..

There are 2 players on our list who were more accurate than Jonno in 2014, Smith and Palmer..
And the gap isn't much, Rhys 65.7, Devon 63.4 and then Patton at 59.5.
Genuine KPFs dont feature that well in the rankings, possibly because the smaller players are often more opportunistic and kicking from very close.

Is there a set shot stat? Because I've seen him take marks and shank straight-on-ish kicks multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back