List Mgmt. 2014 Trade/Free Agency Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys thinking you'll trade at least one of your picks 7 or 14? From an outsiders perspective, reckon this is the year for you to try and trade aggressively to get some players who have just entering their peak, rather than top up on more kids.

Besides draft picks, would there be players who you would be prepared to entertain offers for? Who is the best player you'd be willing to trade out that you could see someone offering something that would satisfy you?
I think so.

And from the Pies? Or in general?

There is a rumour going around that Gorringe has requested a trade to Port.

There is a rumour going around that Gorringe has requested a trade to Port.
I don't blame him at all. I've read this around too, and the the topic is alive on the Port boards. It's a bit of a shame overall due to picking him at #10 and getting very little from him, but he's no Josh Caddy. All the best to him.

Any word from anyone about where the club sits on mitch robinson?
Nothing.

It's becoming quite bothersome actually. We haven't been linked to anyone except for Dempsey. :/ I certainly hope the club is doing all it can to speak to guys like Ryder.

Looks like Geelong might be clearing a few players off their list according to the newspaper gossip.

Another Tasmanian boy in George Burbury might be a look at!

He is as tough as they come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T
if he is that good why isnt he playing?

the teams full of premiership winning mature aged guns!!!
There teams barely changed since 2007 just added a handful of first rounders..
A few of them are 4+. Yrs in the geelong system.. Only broken into the side once a gun gets injured.
Would be very handy cheap pick ups

T

the teams full of premiership winning mature aged guns!!!
There teams barely changed since 2007 just added a handful of first rounders..
A few of them are 4+. Yrs in the geelong system.. Only broken into the side once a gun gets injured.
Would be very handy cheap pick ups

there was 10 premiership players that played against north melbourne.
mccarthy played on the weekend. he has only played 5 games as well.
he surely could have got a game this week if he was any good.
same with hunt and smedts on the outer and cant get a game.

Nothing.

It's becoming quite bothersome actually. We haven't been linked to anyone except for Dempsey. :/ I certainly hope the club is doing all it can to speak to guys like Ryder.

If Port are in the race there is absolutely no reason why we should not be.

there was 10 premiership players that played against north melbourne.
mccarthy played on the weekend. he has only played 5 games as well.
he surely could have got a game this week if he was any good.
same with hunt and smedts on the outer and cant get a game.
Ok.. You've got me with ONLY 10 premiership players!!
Burbury and McCarthy were meant to take chapmans position this year.. But both have been injured and only played about 6-8 weeks..
Prefer pick them up as delisted freeagents.. Then any goose whose been on ' the recruit'

Seems to me we are a chance for Dempsey, Robinson and possibly Clinton Jones , looks like O'Keefe is going elsewhere. What else is possible in mature recruits that are doable for us? What about Harry O' for our back line?

Last edited:
Seems to me we are a chance for Dempsey, Robinson and possibly Clinton Jones , looks like O'Keefe is going elsewhere. What else is possible in mature recruits that are a possibility for us?

Welcome to our board

Go back over the last few pages and you will find an extensive list of players that could be available and what our posters believe the chances are of getting said players :)

I hear Raines is a chance for us.

Only player I'm really interested from the Cats is Hunt. A goal kicking tagger when at his peak and still quite young. Fills a niche we lack.
Might take him some getting used to, Could end up following Gaz into the toilets a couple of times in his first few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back