2015-16 Lower Leagues & Non-League thread

Remove this Banner Ad

moomba 2-0 win for Forest Green over your Alty boys. At least one of my supported clubs seems to have a bright future. :p

Yeah saw that, Alty just plodding along really. Should be OK to stay up but no real danger to the big boys of the comp (of which FGR are one).

I like to think of us as the Man City of the non league. Dale Vince is our answer to Sheikh Mansour. :p

Brunton Park is under water for the second time in a month.
_87068546_dsc00731.jpg

This one looks a little more serious, and will probably take more than three days to repair.

_87068330_86708726.jpg

We need a new stadium and we need it soon. And we need to build it on higher ground that isn't as susceptible to flooding.

Brunton Park is under water for the second time in a month.
_87068546_dsc00731.jpg

This one looks a little more serious, and will probably take more than three days to repair.

_87068330_86708726.jpg

We need a new stadium and we need it soon. And we need to build it on higher ground that isn't as susceptible to flooding.
Devo, saw this pop up on one of the Toon pages I follow on facebook. Great effort and attitude from your lads. Doubt you would see many PL clubs care as much.
uploadfromtaptalk1449441364295.jpg

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Forest Green out of the cup after a 1-0 loss to League 2 leaders Oxford. From most accounts, we gave a good a display of ourselves against a stronger side so can't be too disappointed. Allows us to focus on the league and promotion now!

Devo, saw this pop up on one of the Toon pages I follow on facebook. Great effort and attitude from your lads. Doubt you would see many PL clubs care as much.
View attachment 198673

One of the reasons I follow a Football League team ahead of a Premier League team, they have closer ties to their communities. That's not to say that all Premier League clubs are super rich, egocentric conglomerates who care more about their bottom line than their supporters plight but I do think these clubs have lost a lot of what made them great and successful 40-50 years ago.

More than 300mm in just 24 hours!!! That's one hell of a storm. Lucky we are playing away this weekend.
Carlisle travel south to play league leading Oxford, a win here would not only be great for the morale of the city, but would be huge for Carlisle's automatic promotion hopes. Currently sitting sixth on 33pts, we are 7pts behind the top three teams Oxford, Plymouth and Northampton who are all on 40pts.

Heard Curle on the radio yesterday talking about the club, and the floods and stuff. Always liked Curle, he was our captain in my first live match.

Said they were told for the first floods it was a once in a lifetime thing, a freak occurrence.

And here we are again. Really good show by the players to help out, and doing the donkey work to. Not just paying lip service to it.

Will bring club and community much closer together.

Curle has been very impressive since he joined early last season, he kept us up last season, made about 15-20 changes to personal in the off season and has quickly developed them into a fairly cohesive unit. Perhaps still a little vunerable on the defensive end, but our offensive power is the best the league. He recently signed a new two year deal which will keep in the North West until 2018. I think he has quickly become our most popular manager since Simpson in 2005/06.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forest Green perhaps on the way to helping shape life down under. Maybe a pre-season tour is in order? :D

http://www.stroudlife.co.uk/Austral...neutral-tips/story-28298862-detail/story.html

Forest Green vs Green Gully? (I couldn't think of any suitable SA teams.)

Mind you, I do wonder what is the smallest club that has ever come to Australia? I know Sunderland went to the US to play against Preki's old club (no one knows where he is still). Well, alright, there was Toronto and that Liga MX club, but those seemed a little random.

Forest Green vs Green Gully? (I couldn't think of any suitable SA teams.)

Mind you, I do wonder what is the smallest club that has ever come to Australia? I know Sunderland went to the US to play against Preki's old club (no one knows where he is still). Well, alright, there was Toronto and that Liga MX club, but those seemed a little random.

Maybe Mr Vince would like this idea I had for when I get around to buying the new FM...

I call it 'the Green and Gold cup' - a preseason competition featuring Forest Green Rovers, Frimley Green, Green Gully and Bentleigh Greens played here - the land down under. It would have a UK v AUS flavour and could be used to promote Green energy. :D

DEVO - proud to say we're trying to help. Sounds like you're getting offers of assistance from clubs all over the UK as well. Great to hear!

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/12/carlisle-says-newcastles-offer-of-help-has-taken-their-breath-away/

It's nice to know that when events are out of your control others are there willing to offer their assistance. The Carlisle United Football Club must be struggling after such a wet and wild natural event did so much damage their Ground and other important infrastructure, but is has been wonderful the response from the other clubs in England and Scotland.

I think we are going to learn a great deal about Keith Curle and his team over the next month or two. A united team and strong showing in our upcoming games and we could be setting ourselves up as genuine contenders for Automatic promotion. If the events of the last week are too much and we stumble, we could find ourselves battling to stay in contention for a playoff position in what has been a fairly even competition so far.

Last edited:
That's awesome. Great support for a club that is so geographically isolated from the rest of the football league.

Probably one of the very few decent things to happen under the Ashley regime! :D

We have a decent relationship with them being somewhat of a neighbour. We've had a few younger lads loaned there over the years. :thumbsu:

Probably one of the very few decent things to happen under the Ashley regime! :D

We have a decent relationship with them being somewhat of a neighbour. We've had a few younger lads loaned there over the years. :thumbsu:

Both Gillesphey and Gilliead have been pretty good for us this season, especially Gilliead. If you have seen any of the Carlisle highlights this season he has been involved in a number of our goal scoring opportunities and has scored a few himself. His ability to take the defenders on and get a pin point cross into the box has been fantasic, it has been a real strength of our attacking style of play. Both guys look to have a future, but Gilliead in particular could be something special for you for the next 5-10 years.
I'm not 100% certain about this, but I think their loan periods have been extended to to the end of the season, which will be huge for our promotional push.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back