2015/16 Melbourne Victory Thread - Goodbye and Thankyou Archie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part is Sydney has the squad to play attacking football yet Arnie's stinking it up with terrible terrible garbage.
Hope they dive down the table for the rest of the year.
Defensive like his public speeches.

Nice win always feels nice When we beat the scum! Great turn out too wasn't expecting 30k.

Serves Sydney right for only trying to to get one point instead of three.

Eat another full bag of big black dicks Arnold you boring c@nt!!
Wonder what excuse he'll come up with post match?

Last edited:
Nice win always feels nice When we best the scum! Great turn out too wasn't expecting 30k.

Serves Sydney right for only trying to to get one point instead of three.

Eat another full bag of big black dicks Arnold you boring c@nt!!
Wonder what excuse he'll come up with post match?

One of their players - Ninkovic I think? - was fouled in the lead up to the game apparently :p (This is only going off twitter comments - but I have no trouble believing that Arnie said it!)

Love this quote from Muscat in answer to Arnold's tactics:

“But there’s a reason why there’s so many people here tonight because we want to be on the front foot, playing attacking football and I’d rather die on my feet then live on my knees."

Nicely trolled Kev! :thumbsu:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/m...IfLVLbsOuWl.99

They made life hard for us today. They pretty much parked the bus and closed down our space to play between the lines. They were happy to take a point.
Fortunately, we had a stroke of luck and walked away with all 3 crucial points.
It's the kind of win champions have- not really play too well but enough to win the match.

We need to be more adventurous when teams against us play in this manner. We don't play enough forward passes and our backs/DMs take too many touches of the ball and don't look to hit up Finkler/Berisha/FBK or Barbarouses between the lines inside quick enough.
Defensively, we stood off their guys between the lines far too much as well. If Finkler was afforded the room to turn and weigh up his options with the ease their mids were particularly in the second half, it would have been a rout.

yeaehhh **** off sydney.
they're terrible to watch and they deserve that result with their negative tactics.
get ducked Arnold

Frustrating to see Broxham at right back ahead of Nigro or Geria last night. As much as I like Broxham, he just isn't suited to that position and offers little going forward.

I thought we looked better after Musky made the change on 60 mins, with Mahazi coming off and Broxham moving into the middle. Mahazi tries hard, but his passing just isn't up to standard, and he's too similar to Broxham. If only Valeri was fit, but we'll just have to make do.

Frustrating to see Broxham at right back ahead of Nigro or Geria last night. As much as I like Broxham, he just isn't suited to that position and offers little going forward.

I thought we looked better after Musky made the change on 60 mins, with Mahazi coming off and Broxham moving into the middle. Mahazi tries hard, but his passing just isn't up to standard, and he's too similar to Broxham. If only Valeri was fit, but we'll just have to make do.

I agree with all of that, except the bit about Mahazi - I know he's a much maligned player, and I myself have said Broxham be playing alongside Bozanic while we're missing Valeri - but Mahazi played a couple of games in December where he was among our best.

It's unfortunate for Broxham having played I think every minute this season, but in some ways it's the nature of being viewed as a utility - when we get everyone back (including Valeri), I don't think he's in our best 11. I think the back 4 is clearly Georgevski - Delpierre - Ansell - Geria, with Bozanic and Valeri in the middle.

I tend to think this will be taken into consideration with the ACL - not only is carrying Delpierre around Asia a big risk, but I think we're better of leaving him out of that squad to make sure Brox and Deng are getting game time.

Going into the ACL I would've loved to see Bozanic go to his more natural number 10 role - but Muscy seems intent on leaving him where he is; even if Finkler isn't picked for the ACL, it looks like we'll just play FBK there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man that was a boring game, shout out to the Victory "supporter" behind me who was yelling that we were embarrassing and he's a proud Aussie truck driver that shows more heart and displays his scarf everytime he drives his truck into Sydney. Whatever the f*ck that has to do with anything I'll never know.

It's always the people with the least knowledge of the game that are the w***ers yelling stupid stuff out. Makes it hard to call them out when they're actually one of our own.

Game day....you can almost guarantee a repeat of last week's tactics from Perth.
Expect the bus to be fully parked tonight as one team tries to win and the other not lose....

where has FBK's pace gone? the guy has fleeced the club with his contract if he isnt injured currently.

Vuka, was really happy with his signing however he has been rather poor.

Ugh. This club drives you insane...

Deng has been great all season for an 18 year old, so I guess he's entitled to one mistake...

Delpierre has just started looking a little slow and disinterested.

That is a ****ing outrageous bit of officiating. Both referee and linesman completely sucked in and made to look like schmucks there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back