2015/16 Melbourne Victory Thread - Goodbye and Thankyou Archie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
on ya Kev!! :thumbsu:

Kevin Muscat backs Victory members and fans

Friday, 27 November 2015

Melbourne Victory head coach Kevin Muscat has responded to reports on Hyundai A-League fan behaviour.
Speaking to the media ahead of Saturday night's game against Adelaide United at Etihad Stadium, Muscat threw his full support behind the club's members and fans.

"I don't think it's a distraction for us, and certainly not for myself, because we're here to concentrate and get our performance right and we've prepared very, very well," he said.

"But what I will say, and I'll touch on it once, is that the last week, what we have heard and seen unfortunately is a lot of ill-informed, uneducated and agenda-driven comments and the best thing we can do is do what we do best here at Melbourne Victory.

"The facts are in the last four years we've increased our membership by 50 per cent, we've increased our attendances by 50 per cent, which the majority of those are under 18 years old.

"What we have done, in doing that, is create the best live match day experience in any code, home and away, in any sport, so we're pretty proud of that.

"We'll move on from those comments and the best thing we can do as a football club, and everyone involved in it, is come out tomorrow night, first and foremost, play some exciting football and entertaining football and once again reiterate, that atmosphere that we create in that stadium, that's what we're looking forward to."

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/...ts-on-fan-behaviour/32nne96dqyc41u6mff6stz42m

It was a really strange game to be at tonight. I've never seen so many police at a game, I've never heard Etihad so quiet at an A-League game... and I've certainly never seen 20k people stand and applaud a supporter group walking out.

The NT must petrify the s**t out of them for them to want to show such support.

i was down the north T end, in the corner. it was strange.

wtf was barba thinking giving away the pen????

barish......shouldve buried the 1 on 1 in teh second half.

seemed to run out of legs, or something in teh second half. their long balls gave us probs. what happened with delpierre?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this! We should be treated like caged animals right? Eat s**t Rebecca Wilson.

That's what a lot of the anti-football crowd end up missing (willfully or otherwise). 99% of fans just want to go to a game and enjoy the sport, while the vast majority of cops are just there to keep an eye on things, and nearly every one I've met has been incredibly helpful/friendly. There's just this stigma caused by a few dickheads who go out there looking to cause trouble, and by the cops who end up reacting to it.

Melbourne Victory plan academy and Asia strategy after record profit

A-League club Melbourne Victory will focus its off-the-field efforts on plans for a new player academy and capitalising commercially on playing in Asia next year after banking a record $1.5 million profit.

Revenue for the year to June 30, which included Melbourne's win in the 2015 A-League grand final in May, reached $18.4 million. That compared with $16.2 million in 2014, a year in which the Victory recorded a net profit of about $933,000.

The club is one of the country's most profitable sporting clubs and is forecasting another healthy profit in the current financial year, which will include participation in the Asian Champions League from February, from a revenue figure that could break the $20 million barrier for the first time.

Victory chairman Anthony Di Pietro told The Australian Financial Review the club had several strategic plans in place to strengthen its off-the-field foundations, which include a record membership base of almost 27,000 and its popular Victory in Business corporate networking and sponsorship group.

"Our focus is football first, but [the club] is using football as the platform for other investments and things we do. So we will hold events around the Asian Champions League that we think can be successful. We are looking at potential sites around Melbourne for an academy and we think that is very exciting for our future. But it is about finding the balance between being successful on the field and off it as well."

VICTORY IN BUSINESS PROGRAM

Several A-League clubs are investigating building their own junior player development and training academies and headquarters, following the opening of Melbourne City's $12 million facility earlier this year and plans for the Western Sydney Wanderers to open an $18 million centre of excellence.

Victory are also hoping to foster business and government links into Asia through participation in the Champions League, in which the team is likely to play clubs from China, South Korea and Japan in the group stages beginning in February.

The club has signed up 10 Asian-based or -owned business for the Victory in Business program, for which the 110 corporate members pay almost $9500 annually to sponsor the club. Revenue from events and hospitality has doubled in two years to be about 16 per cent of the club's revenue.

Di Pietro says the club will hold government and sponsor events both in home and away games, and would try to help showcase current and prospective sponsors to markets in Asia.

"As the game evolves, I think the future of it will be about having more ties in Asia – both from a playing and player development sense, and business wise – and into other places like North America with the MLS (Major League Soccer)," Di Pietro says. "No other sport can do that."

http://www.afr.com/business/sport/m...-strategy-after-record-profit-20151125-gl8c8u

Great stuff :thumbsu::thumbsu: The club is just getting bigger and bigger and all this in just ten years!! Can't wait for that Academy!

Best player in the comp....and that's saying something when we have players like Barabrouses, Finklerm FBK, Bozanic Delpierre etc.

Berisha is crucial to continuing out title ambitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back