List Mgmt. 2015 AFL Draft - what type of players should we be looking at & who do we take? (Poll added)

Who would you select with our first round pick?

• Joshua Schache (VIC – KPF)

Votes: 57 12.8%
  • Jacob Weitering (VIC – KPD)

Votes: 349 78.3%
  • Aaron Francis (SA – DEF/FWD)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Charlie Curnow (VIC – KPF/MID)

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Kieran Collins (VIC – KPD)

• Ryan Clarke (VIC – MID/FWD)

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Darcy Parish (VIC – MID/DEF)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still have to get a "kid", embrace the draft. The "yank" is a good move, but still mature aged.
Does not impact on available list spots, other than half his salary off the cap.
Korcheck and a kid can develop together learning the finer points of the game with a partner.

Holmes, Cox, Lucey and co. have all shown a bit at lower level, but to date Pyke and previously Stynes
are the only "success stories" from non traditional background.

4-5 young rucks in the draft who may be worth a spot, as well as some ruck sized KPP who may develop differently.
Surely a late pick or at least a rookie spot can be found for one.

Yes, we can and probably will look for another ruck given Warnock is unlikely to be with us next year.

The American's name is Matt Korcheck and I recall liking a kid called Kovacevic (?) from last year. Still only 19 and 204 tall.

I was of the opinion that Silvagni would only require us using a very late pick in the ND. This just about locks it in.

He showed glimpses at the carnival but has much less top-level exposure than most kids, is a young kid and is an in-between height. Obviously has clean skills but will take time to make an impact, if he does.

I doubt teams would overpay for him based off those factors, but the injury drops him down a bit further still.

I can't see him being bid top 40. If that's the case, worst case scenario is we use our 4th round (#57) and change. Best case (I think is quite likely) we use our last pick in the draft.

I was of the opinion that Silvagni would only require us using a very late pick in the ND. This just about locks it in.

He showed glimpses at the carnival but has much less top-level exposure than most kids, is a young kid and is an in-between height. Obviously has clean skills but will take time to make an impact, if he does.

I doubt teams would overpay for him based off those factors, but the injury drops him down a bit further still.

I can't see him being bid top 40. If that's the case, worst case scenario is we use our 4th round (#57) and change. Best case (I think is quite likely) we use our last pick in the draft.

Yep, that sums it up well.

Saw some vision of him the other day. Looks big ...

"Giles is also confident the past 14 months have not been "a complete waste". He pointed out he has spent some quality time in the gym, having added 8kg to the skinny 90kg frame that first walked into Ikon Park after Carlton took him at pick No.39 in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft."

Giles still not as tall as Cripps.......pretty sure
Cameron Giles

Footy Wire...
#19 Carlton Blues
Height: 195cm Weight: 93kg Position: Defender
Last Drafted: Round 3, Pick #39 2013 National Draft
Last Drafted By: Carlton Blues

Patrick Cripps
#9 Carlton Blues
Height: 190cm Weight: 88kg Position: Midfield
Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #13 2013 National Draft

Brendan Fevola
Last played for Brisbane Lions in 2010
Games: 204 Born: January 20, 1981
Playing Height: 191cm Playing Weight: 100kg Position: Forward
Last Drafted: Round 3, Pick #38 1998 National Draft

Cameron Giles

Footy Wire...
#19 Carlton Blues
Height: 195cm Weight: 93kg Position: Defender
Last Drafted: Round 3, Pick #39 2013 National Draft

Patrick Cripps
#9 Carlton Blues
Height: 190cm Weight: 88kg Position: Midfield
Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #13 2013 National Draft

Brendan Fevola
Last played for Brisbane Lions in 2010
Games: 204 Born: January 20, 1981
Playing Height: 191cm Playing Weight: 100kg Position: Forward
Last Drafted: Round 3, Pick #38 1998 National Draft

Cripps is about the same height as Giles.
Standing next to one another at quarter time last year, along with Watson and you couldn't pick a difference.

Don't worry what the club site says. Cripps himself, is quoting his height as 193/194 now

I hope we get to see Giles in the last couple of games of the year... Just to see what he has got!

I wouldn't expect much after a 15 month lay-off.

The only thing that warrants answering as what was he like before he came to us?
Some had Giles as the best KPD in the draft and if not first then second, at worst.

Cripps is about the same height as Giles.
Standing next to one another at quarter time last year, along with Watson and you couldn't pick a difference.

Don't worry what the club site says. Cripps himself, is quoting his height as 193/194 now
I know Cripps isn't quick but I wonder how fast he is over 10-20 metres, he is big enough for a key position. Not best use of him probably, just curious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw some vision of him the other day. Looks big ...

"Giles is also confident the past 14 months have not been "a complete waste". He pointed out he has spent some quality time in the gym, having added 8kg to the skinny 90kg frame that first walked into Ikon Park after Carlton took him at pick No.39 in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft."
As in he is now 98 or he was 82 and he's now 90?

I know Cripps isn't quick but I wonder how fast he is over 10-20 metres, he is big enough for a key position. Not best use of him probably, just curious.

I don't know I can tell you this much..............Cripps is quicker than he was last year.

Really gets the first couple of his long strides away, nicely now.

He doesnt look 98kgs to me. But then again I havent seen him in person.

He may be dependent on what we want him to become.

Giles didn't have the strength to compete with the bigger and older KPF's last year but his run, vision and execution when ball hit ground was impressive.

I don't know I can tell you this much..............Cripps is quicker than he was last year.

Really gets the first couple of his long strides away, nicely now.

Makes it that much harder for you to run away when he sees you spying on him?

No think he was talking abot Dodoro.. Atleast we usually get our first round pick faily spot on (Livingstone excluded), but Dodoro has some 1st picks like James Davies, kepler Bradley, Scott Gumbleton, Angus Monfries who is okay at Port but was so poor at EFC they basically gave him away

Dodoro has been a lot better since he went full time. Gumby's a harsh call, everyone was going to take him at 2. Angus was pretty good for us too. We "gave him away" as he was a free agent and could have left for nothing.

Dodoro has been a lot better since he went full time. Gumby's a harsh call, everyone was going to take him at 2. Angus was pretty good for us too. We "gave him away" as he was a free agent and could have left for nothing.

Even in some of the games Gumbleton played, you could see the quality come through at times.

I guess we've all got a fair share of players that can't live up to potential just for injury alone. Unfortunate.

Laverde looks good, bit of a risk using pick 20 on him though, his volleyball skills are , frankly, ordinary.

Anyone who follows the Draft board have any idea why Knightmare has Essendon with pick #1? He also has the Pies with pick #14 :drunk:

Does he know something we don't, or has he just obsessed over the draft so much that he's blown a fuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back