Competitions 2015 Carlton Board Knockout Footy Tipping

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually looks a fairly even first round. Just had a look at the odds and the start this round is:
Carlton +12.5
Melbourne +15.5
Collingwood +7.5
Bulldogs +12.5
St Kilda +16.5
North +6.5
Port +2.5
Geelong +14.5

Not surprising no market on Essendon*.

Not sure I can recall as many 'likely to be close' games in the one round.

WAIT!

Perhaps this is a bad idea... I've just noticed that Essendon* does play a part in previous tips, just never to win... I'm willing to consider * to be available to tip before the decision on Tuesday, but afterwards they are no longer eligible for losers... thoughts?

I.e., if everyone get's their tips in before the decision, the can tip Essendon to lose whichever game they like (up to five loses). Afterwards, none.

New Rule***
After the decision on Tuesday, you cannot pick Essendon*, either to win or to lose. I'm putting this rule in place to maintain the integrity of the competition. Those that have their tips in before the decision on Tuesday can choose * at their own peril.

I'm betting on them being crap whatever happens. Their pre-season has been totally ******* up and Tird isn't a coach's bum crack.

OK Everyone!

There is less than 36 hours to go before your tips have to be in for the 2015 Carlton Board Knockout Footy Tipping Competition. I'm closing the books at 11.59pm Tuesday 31st of March (tomorrow).

Please note that tips received after 2.00pm tomorrow cannot contain Essendon* in any capacity.

And here's hoping that after 2.00pm tomorrow the 2015 AFL Premiership Season won't contain much of * in any capacity.

Good luck!

New Rule***
After the decision on Tuesday, you cannot pick Essendon*, either to win or to lose. I'm putting this rule in place to maintain the integrity of the competition. Those that have their tips in before the decision on Tuesday can choose * at their own peril.
Thats harsh. Back to the drawing board for me as well.

Not at all. If you have your tips in before 2.00pm tomorrow, you can tip Essendon* to win or lose to your hearts content... After 2.00pm it will be like they never existed...
Perfect.
You can expect them some time tomorrow morning then good sir.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Submitted. Wish I had given myself more time to work through all the implications of different choices.

Brilliant concept. You would think it would be easy, but the rules combine to make it very interesting. Plus there's a few rounds where there isn't a standout selection. And if there is, the rules stick you.

Just a suggestion to make it that bit harder again next year - not allowed to tip against the same team two weeks in a row.

ODNBlue and MEB_ I reckon I can provide a spreadsheet that can check submissions are compliant. Could probably add in element to update the survivor list each week. Sent a private convo msg, let me know if interested.

Hi Everyone,

Well, I don't know about you lot but I'm feeling a touch disillusioned at the moment. But even so, my love for the great CFC will see me through this trial/trauma/travesty...

As part of my recovery, I plan to bury myself in the 2015 Carlton Board Knockout Footy Tipping over the next day. As a consequence, and due to the smaller than expected number of players who have put their hand up so far this year, I am going to NOT close the tipping tonight as planned, and instead close it tomorrow night instead.

That's right.

Final tips in by 11.59pm Wednesday 1st April.

This is a fun comp and I hope many more people will throw their hats into the ring and give it a go. The more the merrier!

Good luck and happy tipping.

Don't forget that Essendon* can not be picked to either win or lose.

Shout out to:

thylacine60
Aphrodite
mediumsizered
The Old Dark Navy's
The_Wookie
ShanDog
Jeremias
Jatz
MEB_
Bluesque
Thrawn