2015 Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

CEY iwill most certainly be offered a new deal, Often will also be given another year to force his way back into the 22

IMO Wright, Grigg, Kerridge, Martin and Shaw are all currently depth players under the most pressure

With Siggins' departure, you'd wonder if Shaw has a better chance of staying on. Would like to think Grigg has a future with us. Kerridge seems the most likely to be offered up as trade bait. Wright...who knows?! Martin, probably we've seen the last of.

With Siggins' departure, you'd wonder if Shaw has a better chance of staying on. Would like to think Grigg has a future with us. Kerridge seems the most likely to be offered up as trade bait. Wright...who knows?! Martin, probably we've seen the last of.

Grigg is in serious trouble IMO

Shaw's future may depend on whether we attract a KPD through the trade period

With a shallow draft I can't see us getting rid of borderline best 22 for s**t draft picks. They might be used for trade bait but not for fluff.

I think....

Pods (O'brien upgrade)
Reilly (Kelly upgrade)
Siggins
Martin

Those 4 will get delisted

and...

Grigg
Wright
Crouch jn
Kerridge
Lyons

Those 5 could be up for trade.

Otten is lucky but could get delisted but I doubt it.

To think before his injury he was one of our best :(

Seriously, if Wright stays and Grigg gets delisted then I'm just not sure what our aim is anymore.
Grigg won't get delisted, no way, trade maybe, but delisted, not a chance IMO.

I think....

Pods (O'brien upgrade)
Reilly (Kelly upgrade)
Siggins
Martin

and...

Grigg
Wright
Crouch jn
Kerridge
Lyons

If we trade crouch jnr this board will self destruct. Cant happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think....

Pods (O'brien upgrade)
Reilly (Kelly upgrade)
Siggins
Martin

and...

Grigg
Wright
Crouch jn
Kerridge
Lyons

Trading Jnr would spell potential disaster for Brad when he comes out of contract.
In the space of 2 years we could lose both Crouches, Thommo and Danger. Ouch!!

If we trade crouch jnr this board will self destruct. Cant happen.

I think it's odds-on. Not our choice, but I would be very surprised if he isn't rated much higher elsewhere in terms of role and coin. I can't see him getting a game at the stoppages next year when his brother is back. Who goes out of the current centre square/stoppage rotation for Brad?

I think it's odds-on. Not our choice, but I would be very surprised if he isn't rated much higher elsewhere in terms of role and coin. I can't see him getting a game at the stoppages next year when his brother is back. Who goes out of the current centre square/stoppage rotation for Brad?
As much as i like thommo hes the one that shouldve made way. Danger is one foot out the door so maybe this is what were looking at.
Sloane BCrouch Smith
Jacobs Douglas Thompson
Cey, Lyons, Motlop/Yarran
What we should be looking at if were serious about '17.
Sloane MCrouch Smith
Jacobs BCrouch Dangerfield
Cey, Douglas, Grigg, Yarran.

Possibly Dangerfield. :(

That's not to say that I agree with your premise. At this point in time, Brad's return would force Lyons out of the team, not Matt. With the sub rule disappearing next year (allegedly), there's no reason why both of them wouldn't be included in the rotations.

Thompson should (and almost certainly will) be given another year, based on his performances this year. Only our resident gerontophobes would argue otherwise (and there's no shortage of those around here). Whether he drops off the edge of a cliff, or plays out the season and retires while still in good form, only time will tell. If his form drops off a cliff, then his absence creates a vacancy for a younger player. If it doesn't, we're better off by having a genuine gun midfield extractor in the team.

We should trade Kerridge to North Melbourne. He's like their kryptonite. They'll never win a game again.

Top 5 Clearance Averages - 2015 (minimum of 10 games played)

1. Fyfe 8.7 per game (18 games)
2. R.Gray 8.1 (19)
3. Kennedy (Syd) 8.0 (20)
4. Thompson (Adel) 7.9 (17)
5. Priddis 7.5 (20)
6. Cunnington 7.4 (20)
7. Dangerfield 7.2 (19)
8. J.Selwood 7.1 (18)
9. Mundy 7.1 (20)
10. P.Cripps 6.7 (18)

Top 5 Clearance Averages - 2015 (minimum of 10 games played)

1. Fyfe 8.7 per game (18 games)
2. R.Gray 8.1 (19)
3. Kennedy (Syd) 8.0 (20)
4. Thompson (Adel) 7.9 (17)
5. Priddis 7.5 (20)
6. Cunnington 7.4 (20)
7. Dangerfield 7.2 (19)
8. J.Selwood 7.1 (18)
9. Mundy 7.1 (20)
10. P.Cripps 6.7 (18)
How many has Bob Crouch played? And his average anyways?

Possibly Dangerfield. :(

That's not to say that I agree with your premise. At this point in time, Brad's return would force Lyons out of the team, not Matt. With the sub rule disappearing next year (allegedly), there's no reason why both of them wouldn't be included in the rotations.

Thompson should (and almost certainly will) be given another year, based on his performances this year. Only our resident gerontophobes would argue otherwise (and there's no shortage of those around here). Whether he drops off the edge of a cliff, or plays out the season and retires while still in good form, only time will tell. If his form drops off a cliff, then his absence creates a vacancy for a younger player. If it doesn't, we're better off by having a genuine gun midfield extractor in the team.

I must be one of those gerantophobes. I don't see Thommo as being a gun extractor. He's very good when Sauce is winning his position and fairly poor when Sauce is not. The word 'extractor' implies that the ball has left the congestion/pressure area, even when he's getting his hands on it, Thommo is no longer a gun at that, he's probably handy at best. Even this year, he hasn't been able to perform near his highest standard for many of his games. He's had 2-3 absolute belters, half a dozen or so decent to average and another 6 or so where he was below average to poor.

One of them, plus CEY will still be relying on injury or Danger's permanent departure. Add to that, if we were to trade in Aish, they may very well find themselves in the same position this year. I think it's a matter that the club clearly doesn't place the kind of trust in these guys to stand up once Thommo's gone but you can bet there's a few clubs in their manager's ear suggesting the exact opposite. I think it will be an absolute shame to see Thommo drop off a cliff and result in the loss of a player who the club should have had more faith in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back