List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hulett can play a genuine utility role (well) then this is a find.

His bio mentions FWD/Ruck and defence later in the season.

We were scarred from a generation of too many utilities a decade ago but these days one or two don't hurt if they can build a tank and use the football - especially with the capped rotations.

Parish may be a ball magnet but his high, looping kicking style won't translate well to the AFL. I can see defenders closing down the intended targets of those kicks long before the ball reaches them.

That was my first impression of Parish, looks like a Scully-clone, minus the endurance.

Happy that Dees took a grunty mid, no more shrimp-like players in the midfield.

Oliver also shares the load with the other grunts so we won't be relying on one or two to carry the load like poor Jonesy has over the years.

Options.

So glad we took Oliver over Parish. The latter has no x-factor, much like Judas Scully. Suck s**t Essendon
And seriously terrible hair. It may seem like nothing but...

unc4g.jpg

And seriously terrible hair. It may seem like nothing but...
Parish looks like a typical gormless MFC player. Thank god he will ply his trade with the narcs.

Absolutely stoked with Oliver. Forget the banner, our boys should run through crime scene tape from next year cause there will be straight up murders with Oliver, Brayshaw, Viney, Vandenberg, Petracca and Jones running through our midfield. So exciting

Don't forget...

20HaMe14JW-4270.jpg

Forget his bulldozing style, Oliver looks like a ******* freak to me. Is everyone just ignoring the fact that his highlights reel is better than even Petracca's or Brayshaw's?

He'll play R1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suddenly there's a Parish hate circle jerk on here cause we didn't select him. Let the poor kid go, I think he has the talent and skills to make it and be a top level player.
I just don't think he would be a good fit for Melbourne as it looks like we focus on players who have the size to not get pushed off the ball, which Parish obviously currently lacks.

Forget his bulldozing style, Oliver looks like a ******* freak to me. Is everyone just ignoring the fact that his highlights reel is better than even Petracca's or Brayshaw's?

He'll play R1.

Don't forget that Brayshaw and Petraccas highlights come from the State Champs, whereas Oliver only played TAC Cup.

So they basically did their stuff at the next level to Oliver.

Don't forget that Brayshaw and Petraccas highlights come from the State Champs, whereas Oliver only played TAC Cup.

Why was this? Injury I presume?

Olivers tac cup stats are just as good as Wines and Brayshaws in their respective years, Oliver also played 2 games in the VFL this year and in his first game he was one of the best on.

Met Parish at the airport today. Was a very level headed kid & his parents were very nice people too.
I was hoping he got to us but it wasn't to be. What I don't understand are the childish taunts about him because we didn't draft him!!!

Grow up, we are better than that.

Enjoy what we've recruited but don't run down blokes just because they aren't pulling on the red & blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back