List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver seems very good by hand in close and at creating something, his team mates look to work off him well. So he can bring others into the game.

Bonus is that he can also run with it if need be and finish off the play so he certainly isn't one dimensional. Add his bullocking and tackling, we'll get service out of him that's for sure.

Did he say how much weight he lost prior to the draft?

Oliver seems very good by hand in close and at creating something, his team mates look to work off him well. So he can bring others into the game.

Bonus is that he can also run with it if need be and finish off the play so he certainly isn't one dimensional. Add his bullocking and tackling, we'll get service out of him that's for sure.

Got his skinfolds down from 90 to 56

I'll look for the online link but I just looked at the paper on the tram. Oliver was pretty much waltzing along and started to make a big impression in the TAC so scored an invitation to the draft combine for testing. He didn't know what it meant but got some advice about the kind of testing and went to work. His skin folds were at 98 (the ideal being 50) so devised himself a training and running program that got him down to 58 for the combine.

I like this story. Shows effort and commitment. Also, a big body on a gifted player - that will fix itself once elite training in a professional environment commences in no time. Going the other way, from a skinny midfielder body to a tough one, is a much more difficult proposition.

That's from recollection. I'll try and sus out a link. Writer compared him strongly to Ollie Wines.

Jarryd Roughead performing okay surely?
963971-1f677b34-204f-11e5-a290-3394738a47dd.jpg

I said redHEAD. Caucasian's commonly have red in their beards. You may find out when you're old enough to grow one.

963971-1f677b34-204f-11e5-a290-3394738a47dd.jpg

I said redHEAD. Caucasian's commonly have red in their beards. You may find out when you're old enough to grow one.
No. There is red on his head.

And I tend to take a leaf out of Dez!'s book with some happy-go-lucky truth telling, but you are coming across as pretty much an a-hole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paste the article title into google, works every time.
Worked. Beauty.

Nice read. Geez, that photo of him in the white isn't flattering though.

Reckon JV might tap him on the shoulder and say to him 'you're getting comparisons to my best mate Ollie, now's your chance to become even better'. Get him into that young training group - he now knows the value of busting a gut in the gym - and end up with him blasting someone out of the side.

We've drafted four players with very high ceilings IMO (but also potential to underwhelm). All stocked for raw talent, have just struggled with injury/poor fitness bases that we can hopefully rectify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back