• Yeah

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Nah

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly hypotheticals - their best football was simply at least a couple of gears higher than the best we could manage in 2014 and that was clear for anyone to see, they're still well ahead of us now and will probably continue to be so for a good while yet. I love the 'Pies and get behind the boys as much as anyone, but sometimes you've got to be a bit of a realist and see things for what they are.

It's the very definition of a hypothetical.

There's nothin unrealistic about my view. I think we're all aware that teams that win the flag or make prelims are better than those that finish 11th, but the results show that if you don't bring your best on the day you're as vulnerable as anyone. And in the case of Port Adelaide, while they were definitely not at their best that day I hardly think we were either. Unless you're Melbourne, the gap is never as insurmountable as you might think.

B1OjGoTCYAApiuB.png:large

Easier draw than St Kilda :eek:

Very happy with the 2015 fixture. If we have luck on the injury side of things then there is no reason why we can't make the finals. Bit annoyed that we have to play at metricon again, I think we have only played them once at the G since their inception.

This goes to all pie fans. Do yourself a favour and head up to Metricon. A great stadium to watch footy. Perfect excuse for a trip to the Gold Coast.

Absolutely gorgeous fixture.
All those afternoon games, our doubled teams Carlton, Richmond and Melbourne haven't beaten us for a few years and Geelong regardless of where they are on the ladder we always put in a great effort, have one of the better records against them in recent years, no doubled interstate team is a bonus.
Gold Coast, Adelaide and Western Bulldogs all teams we had losing records against, all teams that may briefly fall down the ladder as they adapt to new game plans implemented by new coaches, another coach change at Essendon on top of ASADA might be the straw that breaks the camels back, could fall down the ladder.
If our squad stays fit, we have a healthy preseason for once and we start winning the games we're supposed too I'm confident we will be top 8, doubt we'll get a better fixture for a few more years.
Really exciting opportunity for the club to prove peoples negative expectations wrong and our youngsters to further develop on the big stages, Christmas a few months early this year.

Good run with injuries should see us around the 13-win mark, building to something better the following year.

has anyone got the tv guide schedule for Pies please?
I read in the paper that we have 17 games on free to air!:)
That's a f$@#*n improvement on this year
I hope the AFL have realised by giving s**t time slots and no coverage their profits and viewer numbers will drop.
Not everyone can afford Foxtel...

Pleased to have fewer Sunday games (4 in 2015 as compared to 6 in 2014), and no twilight or games starting late on Sunday. This year we played all our Sunday games in the second half of the year, with four consecutive Sundays from rounds 17-20. While we won 2 out of 6, against Carlton and Port Adelaide, the concentration of Sunday games coincided with our general decline in form. I know, I know it shouldn't be a factor, players are professional, etc, etc. But waiting around all weekend to play, including twilight games or that ridiculous 7.10 game against Carlton, does you no favours, and I'm glad to see the back of them. I heard Cloke comment during the year that he didnt like Sunday games. Not sure if that is a widely held view. As they say, its a game of inches and every 1% counts. If Clokey doesnt like Sundays, then let Clokey play on the days he prefers!!

A much better fixture compared to the 2014 fixture which was a disgrace scheduling wise. This is much better in the sense of the family-friendly traditional time slots and the difficulty of the draw is definitely in our favour but typically I'm never one to complain about the difficulty of the draw as a difficult draw can sometimes be beneficial for a team on the rise. We had what was considered a hard draw in 2010 and look how that turned out for us as opposed to 2009 which was more in our favour but we fell short of the ultimate prize unfortunately.

Regarding the scheduling, very pleased to see plenty of Friday night matches and four Saturday afternoon games which is more than we have had in the past two years with only one Saturday afternoon match in 2013 and two in 2014. No Sunday twilights is a massive relief and thankfully there's no more Sunday night football which Gil promised would be gone.

The only thing I'm a little disappointed about is having two Thursday night matches but thankfully they'll be on during the uni trimester break so it suits me well personally. I'm also a little disappointed that we're playing the Gold Coast up in Queensland once again and we've already played them three times up there as opposed to them only playing once down here in 2012 when we smashed them by 97 points.

Overall, very happy with the draw and the scheduling for next year's fixture and I'm pumped for 2015! Great stuff!

Only problem i have is playing the best sides away from home.

Port, Freo and Swans at scg are all losses.

Add hawks anywhere.

By the way, what happened to our olympic stadium agreement in Sydney? I was sure it had 1 more year to run. Only because it was our best ground to beat them.

It will be hard to get a ticket to watch us at scg.

Back