2023 Fixture - Now released

Remove this Banner Ad

Does this ever get questioned by the club. Farking sick of it.
We get the same stadium split in Melbourne every year

14 at the G (9 "home" 5 "away")
3 at Marvel (2 "home" 1 "away")

We then get 5 games outside vic, and this year the extra Gather game.

It is swings and roundabouts, we never go to CatPark or cop Hawks or North in Tassie like other Melbourne based clubs do.

Tough start to the year - the first 4 games could be the making or breaking of our season.

Selfishly as an Adelaide dweller I'm pretty happy about 3 games in Adelaide. The Gather Round might be interesting for all teams - and the lads and lassies

I hope we have a good intro to that round like this

Given we have quite a few South Australians in the team 3 games in Adelaide might not be too bad for us.

AFL fixture boss Travis Auld said because Anzac Day falls on a Tuesday next year, the sides will forfeit the Thursday, Friday and Saturday slots “for a good four weeks” to give the teams adequate breaks between each round.

“You can gradually get them back, but through the process of a number of weeks. [Collingwood play] a number of Sunday games for that reason,” he said.
“The clubs are very committed to [the match]. They accept the consequences of an unbelievable day of football on our calendar, but it has an impact not just for them, but for other clubs.”

Round 23 v Lions at Marvel?
Club must push back on that, blockbuster game.
One of best H&A games I can remember was a Pies v Lions game at Etihad back in 2002.

Tarrant kicked a bag, Bucks did as he pleased and the Pies won a classic against the Lions.

The odd game at Etihad with 45k+ Pie fans is a good experience.

One of best H&A games I can remember was a Pies v Lions game at Etihad back in 2002.

Tarrant kicked a bag, Bucks did as he pleased and the Pies won a classic against the Lions.

The odd game at Etihad with 45k+ Pie fans is a good experience.
Not for me brother.

Travis is talking s**t.
Yep. There’s 6 rounds between ANZAC day and KB, take out the week immediately following ANZAC day makes 5. The only non-Sunday game in those 5 weeks is a Saturday in Perth. Of the other 4 games Sydney and Carlton are certainly big enough to justify a different slot. We also play Adelaide on a Sunday with both sides coming out of a bye.

Did Ned Guy write that on behalf of Auld?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind the odd sunday arvo but sunday twilight can get in the bin, and the fk do we have to do to get some friday nights?

I work from home and won't even go to the 4:40pm Sunday games unless its a huge game like Pies vs Blues, Eventually walk in the door at like 8/830pm, I can only imagine how hard it would be with kids.

I wish we weren't the golden goose for the pathetic AFL. Part of me hopes we don't turn up attendance wise for those shocking late Sunday arvo timeslots. and the prime-time games are a flop. The arrogant tosses deserve nothing less.

I thought TV ratings were the number one priority. If so, our drawer is inexplicable.

I wish we weren't the golden goose for the pathetic AFL. Part of me hopes we don't turn up attendance wise for those shocking late Sunday arvo timeslots. and the prime-time games are a flop. The arrogant tosses deserve nothing less.

I thought TV ratings were the number one priority. If so, our drawer is inexplicable.

Shits me we are the Golden Goose without getting any special treatment can't have it both ways AFL.

Look at the treatment Givvivan copped last year and the crap that was dished upto us in that qualifying final.

Collingwood will improve the Sunday games then we probably get stuck with the time slot.

Very depressing. Worst time slot you could have. They are trying to boost the crap ratings they get on Sunday arvos. I hope they live to regret it and have a lot of dud Friday and Saturday night clashes.
I hope they get a bunch of dud Sundays that we win by 10+ goals personally

Tough draw.

Not getting double-ups against any of easy-beats North, Gold Coast, Saints or West Coast makes it difficult, especially given likely improvement from Carlton, Port and Essendon.

A ladder position of 6-10 seems likely in 2023.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So going by that article we can expect the same amount of Sunday games in '24 and '25 as the calendar moves 1 day forward each year so by
'26 will get us to Friday
Unless they make the Wednesday game the first match of the round? That would get us and Essendon the Thursday/Friday night games for the two rounds before Anzac Day and the round after going by the AFL's logic for this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back