2015 jumper changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

theonico

Team Captain
Nov 21, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Adidas have done it again, they finally had a Fantastic design, especially around a simple collar. Click on the link and see, apart from the strange decision to go with a blue base for training gear, the 2015 home and away strips looks very different to what we wore recently. The top end of the stripes on the front now end well before the shoulder and the collar looks very clunky. Also the two outer stripes end in points at the bottom of the jumper.

I'm not an instant fan, will have to see if it matches the 2015 cup..,

https://www.hawksnestonline.com.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=productlisting&CategoryID=2960

New guernsey is stupid, changed for the sake of change and to generate $$$ to get supporters to buy them (has to be different enough to get people to shell out money). If anyone has been thinking about buying guerneys, I'd suggest they get the 2014 one when it is on sale and give the 2015 version a wide berth.

I thought the Adidas switch back in 2013 was dreadful, but we've only ever win flags in Adidas gear so who am I to complain? I've still got my Puma jumper with Brendan's old #37 on the back.

Come to think of it, seeing Whitecross in Dollars Young's old number is something I'm still not used to...

A. Very subtle throwback though is the two two outer stripes they basically go all the way to the trim on either side, if you look at 70s 80s jumpers those two stripes are that wide. I know, only a nerd would notice that.

I think the back looks better though, the thre stripes at the top didn't look quite right. I wonder if the old HFC logo will be at the bottom on the back of the away strip.

I'm sure we will see the gold logo soon, this years retail guernseys didn't all have the gold logo either. Funnily enough, the gold logo guernseys from this year were an extra $10-$15 more expensive than the others. I hope we do get a new clash this year, I can't wait to see the back of Cartoon Hawk.

We will all love them after the first round win. I don't mind them at all.

If Jennifer Lawrence was wearing one, I'm there!

She'd look good in the new jumper ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I first saw the hodgey 250 game prototype that sported the proposed new look I wasn't a fan of the new collar. I'm sure that was something I would get used to but the two stripes forming points at the bottom are simply bloody horrible. Massive thumbs down. By the way anyone looking for one of this years gold logo versions, rebel has them for $70.

I think the new collar looks good, not sure about the pointy bits on the stripes though.....think they got a little too excited.
For the love of god....please change the clash strip. I cant stand it. I'm almost put off from watching us at times.

Not good on so many fronts but I guess the club is going to do this every year.
Does this mean all the 2014 Adidas gear is on runout? I would like a training singlet but $80 is ridiculous.

New guernsey is stupid, changed for the sake of change and to generate $$$ to get supporters to buy them (has to be different enough to get people to shell out money). If anyone has been thinking about buying guerneys, I'd suggest they get the 2014 one when it is on sale and give the 2015 version a wide berth.
You can be as sure as s**t that the nuffs that hang around the players like bad smells will be buying them and that fugly off field and training gear they deemed a good idea and you can be even more sure that the club will see this and use it as a base for saying "It was a good idea. Look at all the people wearing it."

I bet if you discounted all the oddballs who buy everything in the shop every year (using tax payers money, but that's discussion for another thread) the club merchandise department would be having to deal with a significant financial loss. That's ok, it's time to raise the membership prices again anyway.

Polo's look terrible!
And when will they start making long sleeve polos again? It's been years!
And where is the gold logo? We earned that s**t, get it on there!!!!
Very surprised that adidas would release such ordinary gear, there stuff is usually first class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back