List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henderson is way more value to us than a speculative mid first round pick.

I'd rather we trade a Warnock, Ellard or Armfield. No but seriously... it sounds tough. But if SOS wants to get another pick between 1 and 20 then I'd be looking at Yarran. Odds are he may leave next year and it's not certain whether the compensation will 1. be sufficient or 2. still be in system.

Yarran to a middle round team... Essendon, Richmond or potentially the Bulldogs.

Trading out a HBF (albeit gun HBF) would be a 10x better decision than trading out the most crucial player to our structure.

This post should be stickied. Can't lose the Kreuz.

Can't see you will get much argument from any genuine fan of the club.

He may not be the best tap ruckman around, but brings so much to the team.

MM and others lament our lack of leadership, MK is one of those rare players who make his team mates walk taller.
Combined with the emerging irresistible force of Crippa, and the "silk" of Murphy and Gibbs, we have the nucleus of a gun midfield.

I'd rather we trade a Warnock, Ellard or Armfield. No but seriously... it sounds tough. But if SOS wants to get another pick between 1 and 20 then I'd be looking at Yarran. Odds are he may leave next year and it's not certain whether the compensation will 1. be sufficient or 2. still be in system.

Yarran to a middle round team... Essendon, Richmond or potentially the Bulldogs.

Trading out a HBF (albeit gun HBF) would be a 10x better decision than trading out the most crucial player to our structure.

Yep, I am sure Lachie Charm mentioned $480,000 was Hendo's figure (ATM or offered) Does Geelong notionally believe they are that
attractive a destination to encourage Lachie to leave for a few dollars more. If SOS actually pushes our most bankable KPP out the door
for a draft pick, the lunatics have control of the asylum.

I share the view that our "most expendable" larger ticket item is Yarran, who may, from reports be biding his time regardless. With Docherty
already bossing it (disposal issues aside), and Byrne, DVR, Sheehan and Boekhorst already developing. Throw in seasoned campaigners
Simmo, Walker and Tuohy (Daisy too), it is not an area we are lacking in. If Yaz was more inclined to build his tank and up the workrate,
he would be untouchable as we would have another quality mid.

KPPs and midfield are where it is at. 2-3 top enders and some flow on role changes will have us "contending" in no time, as opposed
to the romantic notion of a full on rebuild to release short term pressure on the heirarchy.

Very well said. We just have to look at Saturday with Kreuzer, Casboult and Henderson working together in the forward line. Having said that, we do have Jones (Cringe) and Jaksch in the VFL, and I wouldnt be surprised if they get a go up forward with Casboult and Kreuzer at some stage this season.

Speaking of Jones i saw him at Coles in Williamstown yesterday...the wind almost knocked him over...he needs to bulk up FFS. :)

Losing Henderson, a KKP who can play at both ends of the ground would be a fuking disaster. How can this club not offer him more than Geelong can?? Judd is gone...there is 500K...offer him more FFS. Some may not agree with this but i would offer him the Captains role as well.

Hypothetically, if Geelong are trying to work out a trade, surely it would need to involve a player as a pick by itself won't be enough?

So is there any player from Geelong we'd ask for that would do the trick? Obviously we'd prefer another tall player to replace Hendo but I wouldn't mind Motlop. Hasn't signed a contract yet and Geelong don't seem overly keen on getting him signed.

Imagine Yaz and Motlop in the same team with our new gameplan! We'd be bloody exciting to watch again! More outside speed to burn would only make us better.

PS. Would strongly prefer not to lose Hendo, just commenting hypothetically if he were to go.

with limited quality KKPs at the club losing hendo and getting an outside player like motlop might backfire.

Motlop is an enormous talent but is not the type of character we should be actively pursuing to take us forward.

Trading out a future leader in Henderson in exchange for a player of questionable character like Motlop would send the wrong message to everyone involved with the club and would be a huge step in the wrong direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is that. I think we'd be looking to the draft for the KPP's though. Don't think we'd get/want one out of Geelong.

Spot on...Geelong's better KKPs will not be leaving. Does make you wonder where Hendo will line up if he did join though.

If we can snag the first draft pick we pick up a CHB but it's long term.

Motlop is an enormous talent but is not the type of character we should be actively pursuing to take us forward.

Trading out a future leader in Henderson in exchange for a player of questionable character like Motlop would send the wrong message to everyone involved with the club and would be a huge step in the wrong direction.
Is there a player at Geelong that you think they'd realistically give us with their 1st pick?

People thinking we get Geelong 1st pick and player are classic big footy trades.

Hendo would be worth a mid first rounder. Geelong first would be about that, they would not throw in a player.

Yes Hendo was very good at CHB 3 years ago, since then hes been an average forward and also injury prone. His value is not early first rounder based on runs on the board over the last 3 years.

Can't see you will get much argument from any genuine fan of the club.

He may not be the best tap ruckman around, but brings so much to the team.

MM and others lament our lack of leadership, MK is one of those rare players who make his team mates walk taller.
Combined with the emerging irresistible force of Crippa, and the "silk" of Murphy and Gibbs, we have the nucleus of a gun midfield.
Even Judd said the boys walked taller with Matty out there.

I am guilty of constantly referring to him as a heart and soul player for the club... it's nice to get some vindication when a legend also thinks that he is essential at the club because he lifts those around him.

Is there a player at Geelong that you think they'd realistically give us with their 1st pick?

Probably not unless we take a gamble on a player on someone like Smedts who was a talented junior but hasn't come on as expected at the higher level.

Geelong look likely to be active at the end of this year but I'm not expecting them to let too many younger players go elsewhere. A few may fall through the cracks if they are well back in the pecking order but the bulk of their list changes will be older players hanging up the boots or the club taking a stand against those with a poor attitude.

Geelong are obviously not close to what they once were but they remain a solid side and they are currently undergoing a rebuild of sorts. They've done well to integrate a fair bit of youth into that side already and that will continue fairly heavily over the next few years as more experience continues to make way.

It seems completely absurd to me but if we are set on moving Henderson on then we may not be looking for much more than their first pick. We could possibly look to upgrade our other picks to move up a few positions in the draft in the mid to later rounds but I just can't see us getting a first round pick plus a good young player unless we start some sort of bidding war with multiple clubs keen on bringing Henderson in.

If Henderson leaves then it will be because he wants out not money. Problem is the best we would get from Geelong is a first rounder, there's no reason they would give up more then that so we just have to convince him to stay.
Also I don't really think Yarran is as expendable as some people suggest. The only players on our list who play his role are either nearing retirement or have shown very little to nothing at AFL level. The type of pick he would attract would be in the range where there is only about a 50% success rate of the player even making it and much lower that they will become better then him.

Depends how keen Geelong are to get in him. We hold all the power here. If Hendo demands to leave, Geelong have to give us something good (higher than their 1st rounder imo - ultimately that's up to the club though) or they risk him going through the PSD (where he wouldn't last until Geelong have a pick).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back