List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep 196cm and a last resort ruck. With 27 players fit at present surprise surprise that's where he's playing but in reality he's a CHF.

You never know whether he'll leave or not. We have a spot for a FF and a CHF. He's behind both Clark and Hawkins, both of which would have 5 years left of footy you'd think. OOC so he could walk for peanuts really.
Even though Dylan Buckley wasnt getting many games, do you think that someone with a history with the club would walk? I really can't see Hawkin's walking out because of his association with the club and I don't think that it would be the same with Josh. Waite was one of the exceptions I think... but then again, he was an Essendon* supporter growing up so anything is possible from him.

Even though Dylan Buckley wasnt getting many games, do you think that someone with a history with the club would walk? I really can't see Hawkin's walking out because of his association with the club and I don't think that it would be the same with Josh. Waite was one of the exceptions I think... but then again, he was an Essendon* supporter growing up so anything is possible from him.
If Josh was getting consistent games then i dont think he'd walk being a legacy. But like JPK he is spending most of his time in the VFL and only called upon when injuries occur. He has shown he can play at AFL level and if a club came offering him consistent game time im sure he'd take it.

Just for interests sake, can someone point out the last time a club traded a key position player of Henderson's ability I.e. nearly AA CHB, and actually won from the trade?

ps. Don't include the JK & CJ trade, as JK was a young KPF and nowhere near what Henderson is now.

Just for interests sake, can someone point out the last time a club traded a key position player of Henderson's ability I.e. nearly AA CHB, and actually won from the trade?

ps. Don't include the JK & CJ trade, as JK was a young KPF and nowhere near what Henderson is now.
WB trading Liam Jones

A long time ago (so maybe not relevant) but the one that springs to mind without me doing the research, Hendo would be similar to Croad when he came back to Hawthorn...?

Had shown promise as a young CHB but also had purple and quiet patches up at CHF. About the same age. IIRC Hawthorn paid pick#10 for him.

Hawthorn won the Croad trade.

Hawthorn won the Croad trade.

Agreed. Sorry, I kinda missed the 'and won part'. More just looking for a rough value guide.

I completely agree with you re Hendo. But if you put Melbourne aside for a minute, I'd say the aim is more akin to what St Kilda has done the last 2-3 years. They realised they weren't going to win a premiership with their list, so traded out quality for picks where they could and basically 'reset'. I think the Ben McEvoy trade was pretty f*ing gutsy, but possibly the kinda thing they needed to do.

I'm getting the vibe that's SoS's intended approach. We are in a world of pain for the next 2-3 years if we go down that path. But potentially, we emerge in year 3/4 with a really promising list with stacks of young talent...?

we won the Fev & Kennedy trades #grabspopcorn

You have to ask yourself, injuries aside, is Hendo really worth the money his management are asking for/being offered by other clubs.

On exposed form in the past 18 months, I'd honestly have to say no, and it sounds like part of SOS' mandate is to stop the club from making more financially irresponsible contracts.

Think with the position of our club right now, it might very well be better to let Hendo go, sounds like we're going to take a tall KPP with our first pick in the ND anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Croad to Fremantle :cry:

We've got a pretty bad record but in all honesty does anyone have a worse record than the formative years of the Freo Dockers in regards to trading?

Don't know that GC would be all that keen on another player with recent disciplinary issues...

Can see them going the same path as us - draft and trade for players with proven leadership credentials and ingrained motivation, rather than supremely talented players with attitude problems.

Dockers would be interested in Yarran. Not sure Yarran would be interested in the non negotiable style of Ross Lyon. If Warnock has any shred of decency he would accept whatever the club offers him and then make sure he plays the best footy of his career. 67 games in 8 years plus two generous contracts, he really owes the club. He has given us glimpses of what he can do, but it would be good to see him put on a few kilos and more attention to his upper body strength so he (206cm) could take a contested mark without being bumped aside by a small midfielder. At the end of the day the decision may be taken away from him. What a waste.

It has, drafting is only part of it though. Our player development has been very good as well. This is one area Carlton need to improve.
No arguments here.

Love seeing the continual improvement of Spurr, Sutcliffe etc. Players picked late/mature age becoming good afl players is down to great development.

You have to ask yourself, injuries aside, is Hendo really worth the money his management are asking for/being offered by other clubs.

On exposed form in the past 18 months, I'd honestly have to say no, and it sounds like part of SOS' mandate is to stop the club from making more financially irresponsible contracts.

Think with the position of our club right now, it might very well be better to let Hendo go, sounds like we're going to take a tall KPP with our first pick in the ND anyway.

I think SOS needs to think long and hard on this one. We have an abundance of KKP, but only a few are good enough. I agree Hendo has struggled in recent times with injuries but surely he has proven that he has the goods once he gets going.

I think SOS needs to think long and hard on this one. We have an abundance of KKP, but only a few are good enough. I agree Hendo has struggled in recent times with injuries but surely he has proven that he has the goods once he gets going.

Don't think we can afford to pay 'overs' or perhaps even market value to keep Hendo, we need to keep our salary cap options more flexible for when the likes of Jon Patton/Shiel etc we come out of contract again.

Hendo is a solid player, but ain't a consistent match winner, with our premiership window shut for at least 4 more years, doesn't make sense to re-sign him at a premium price.

And Hendo deserves to secure his future financially, so you can't begrudge him for accepting the big Geelong offer if it happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back