2015 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Meanwhile, back in the media...

Channel 7 tonight, Basil and Ross.

Basil: "So Ross, any chance Ryan Crowley might play in finals?"
Ross: Rolls eyes, "Let's see what develops"

Basil: "What was with the circle at three quarter time, did you tear them a new one?"
Ross: Rolls eyes, "I just wanted to look them in the eyes as I gave them the message"

Basil: "How about Clancee Pearce, any chance?"
Ross: Rolls eyes, "He'll be in the mix"

Basil: "OK, thanks Ross"
Ross: "By the bye, Nathan won't play this weekend"

Basil: "OK, thanks. Oh, Nathan FYFE????? You're saying Nathan Fyfe won't play? There you have it folks, exclusive to seven"

Investigative journalism has hit a new peak - just keep asking dumb questions and hope Ross feeds you some useful, totally unrelated information.

Basil, you are quite brilliant!
You forgot the important question, " how does it feel to be third favourite for the premiership with the bookies, behind Hawks and WC?"

gotta say its been a dream week in the media for a freo supporter
if they are not spending their time and energy shitcanning the eagles supporters for their vile behaviour,
they are replaying the last minute of our win on saturday
cool
all we need now is for sam mitchell to do his knee at training(the one he kneed fyfe with) to cap it off

gotta say its been a dream week in the media for a freo supporter
if they are not spending their time and energy shitcanning the eagles supporters for their vile behaviour,
they are replaying the last minute of our win on saturday
cool
all we need now is for sam mitchell to do his knee at training(the one he kneed fyfe with) to cap it off
I see what you did there.

Taberner lol

"I only eat food made from Australia"

I wonder if he means he tries to buy Australian, or is literally scared of food from outside of Australia?

Also Walters is scared of people and mathematics, he must hate train stations.

An interesting article.

Ibbotson, D Pearce, Fyfe, Suban, Walters, Mundy, Barlow, Pavlich, Sandilands, Hill have played every game so far.

I would like to give the bolded players a rest in the next 2 weeks or the 2 weeks after the derby. Fyfe is already having a week or two off.

resize

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but how hard is it for these well paid journo's to know the laws of the game FFS!

Twice in the past week, first David Schwartz on SEN and then Robbo on 360 have suggested teams goad Fyfe into a melee so he gets a fine and misses a game and loses the Brownlow under the 3 fine rule.

You'd think these muppets should know that melee fines and contact with an umpire are excluded... he will not miss a game if he incurs this type of fine!

/rant

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but how hard is it for these well paid journo's to know the laws of the game FFS!

Twice in the past week, first David Schwartz on SEN and then Robbo on 360 have suggested teams goad Fyfe into a melee so he gets a fine and misses a game and loses the Brownlow under the 3 fine rule.

You'd think these muppets should know that melee fines and contact with an umpire are excluded... he will not miss a game if he incurs this type of fine!

/rant
I didn't know that! Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

/rant

Why would they even suggest that? Stupid and very unlike King.

I call Schwartz, " Tweety Bird " after his performance at the tribunal, many years ago.

It was an incident with a Freo player, and instead of using the players "code of conduct " by saying contact was minimal, he sang like a canary !!!!.

He openly came out a few times in his career and admitted that he hated us with a passion.

I don't think Fyfe gives a rats arse about the Brownlow anyway. You can't play good football if you are concerned about individual awards.

He's the best player in the competition and everyone knows it, he doesn't need the umpires to validate it.
I suspect there is quite substantial and long term financial reward for being a Brownlow medalist and Nathan has shown he's not averse to cashing in on his celebrity. He is a good country boy who no doubt knows to make hay while the sun shines so while I'm by no means suggesting its his primary motivation I don't think its entirely accurate to say he wouldn't care at all about it.
Besides, while we all mouth the platitudes its a very rare person who doesn't enjoy an individual accolade simply for the feeling of achievement it gives.

I suspect there is quite substantial and long term financial reward for being a Brownlow medalist and Nathan has shown he's not averse to cashing in on his celebrity. He is a good country boy who no doubt knows to make hay while the sun shines so while I'm by no means suggesting its his primary motivation I don't think its entirely accurate to say he wouldn't care at all about it.
Besides, while we all mouth the platitudes its a very rare person who doesn't enjoy an individual accolade simply for the feeling of achievement it gives.
I reckon you're right. He certainly didn't look unhappy about winning the players' award (and nor should he). He does say all the right team things though.)

He's got the one that counts and that was voted by his peers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back