Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership - target 60 000+ REACHED

Remove this Banner Ad

If we do get 60,000 Members and they all decide to watch a game at Adelaide Oval wonder where they are all going to sit/stand when Oval only holds 53,500 lol
I would say a lot of our members are Country,Interstate or Victorian members.Or even club only members with no season ticket.They just want to help the club financially in some shape or form.

Why can't they just ask SMA members who they support when they fill out the membership form?

Guess what? Thats what will be happening when people fill in their 2015 SMA membership.

Last edited:

Just for arguments sake, If i was Carlton supporting SMA member, would my membership be allocated to Carlton?
why? Its an SA footy thing not AFL members thing.

i was happy before if we just reached the same level as this year just turned some 3 gamers into 11 gamers (ok allot of them). However after thinking about it for a while 60k is plausible and possible. I know allot of people that have club memberships with different teams (there own who they support) then have another with a top team ie. who are in the top 3-4 clubs to make sure they get a granny ticket (laughed hard at the ones that got essendon memberships for last year), to them a small price to pay to go to the best game of the year, it does seem weird but there are lots out there. I can see us having not a huge but a sharp increase in price for memberships that incorporate GF tickets due to this, easy money for the club and with one if not the cheapest memberships out there, enjoyable game to watch and the in thing atm, if you had to choose between hawks freo, sydney or us you could put memberships on it which way they will buy. Then on top of that having some very young gun players with x factor who are all becoming very media savy and interactive with fans attracting the younger kids to our team, forcing fathers and families having to change across (as you do anything for your kids coughs (i will never do this going the other way)).

why? Its an SA footy thing not AFL members thing.

So my mate, A Hawks supporter and SMA member, wouldn't get allocated to either Port or Crows?
There's going to be a hit to both set of membership numbers if this is the case.

Team of support is ridiculous when they've bought access to both club's full set of home games.
Both clubs should count all SMA members or none of them.

For the last five years at Footy Park, I sat next to an Essendon supporter who bought an 11 game PAFC Platinum membership. He would be counted in our membership numbers so why wouldn't a SMA member be counted? If they didn't want access to our home games there are other options available to them so you can conclude that they actively chose to take access to Port games regardless of their team of support.

So my mate, A Hawks supporter and SMA member, wouldn't get allocated to either Port or Crows?
There's going to be a hit to both set of membership numbers if this is the case.

Team of support is ridiculous when they've bought access to both club's full set of home games.
Both clubs should count all SMA members or none of them.

For the last five years at Footy Park, I sat next to an Essendon supporter who bought an 11 game PAFC Platinum membership. He would be counted in our membership numbers so why wouldn't a SMA member be counted? If they didn't want access to our home games there are other options available to them so you can conclude that they actively chose to take access to Port games regardless of their team of support.

Why? it just cleans up the bullshit double counting and over allocation. It only happened because of the way GF tickets were allocated based on the total adult memberships of the 2 competing clubs. That changed in 2008 when the AFL set a fix minimum of 13,500 tickets for each club. Also under the old system at Footy Park if you were a Cat 1 member the both clubs got the same amount from the SANFL that the AFL paid the AFL clubs when an AFL member ticketed a Club Support box. Same for Cat 2 the Crows got that amount and for Cat 3 Port got that amount. In 2013 the amount was $138 per adult member. In 2013 the Cat 2 and Cat 3 were effectively scrapped and the clubs collected 100% of those membership fees. In 2014 no SMA membership fees go to the 2 clubs - so logically there is no need to count them in the membership totals.

No MCC members are counted in club totals as no monies are transferred to the clubs? SMA members are effectively now like the MCC members. And not all AFL members tick the club support boxes and therefore no monies are transferred, and those members arent counted in any club totals.

From the 2013 AFL Annual Report re AFL membership. Over 8,000 AFL members didnt elect a club support option.

AFL Membership posted strong results again in 2013,
with a total of 56,513 members. This represented
a minimal decrease of 0.15 per cent on 2012. AFL
Membership again had lower than industry churn
rates of 3.85 per cent for Full members and 8.7 per cent
for Silver members.

AFL Membership is made up of 29,996 Full members,
23,449 Silver members and 3068 Absentee members.
With 48,398 members electing a club of support, AFL
Membership accounts for 7.21 per cent of total club
access members.

Last edited:
I would say a lot of our members are Country,Interstate or Victorian members.Or even club only members with no season ticket.They just want to help the club financially in some shape or form.

There are some memberships that have unreserved seating, meaning it's a case of first in first served.
Make it to the ground before it reaches capacity..

I'm anticipating some membership mail this week.. o_O

Anyone received PAFC postie goods yet?

Just came across this (apologies if it's old news) on the SA Govt. Immigration website, posted 17 September 2014 :

Newest citizens can join the club

PORT Adelaide Football Club will host South Australia's biggest citizenship swearing in ceremony at Alberton today and the newest Australians will be encouraged to become Port fans as the first step in their new lives.

At the event in The Port Club, 520 people from 67 nations - including 40 with the surname Patel - take the pledge of commitment amid the excitement of Port's two senior teams playing finals football this weekend.

After formalities are over Port officials will invite the new citizens to have a kick on the oval.

A Department of Immigration and Border Protection spokesperson said the venue was chosen months ago.

Port Adelaide Enfield Mayor Gary Johanson, who will be the conferring officer at the ceremony, said the backdrop of success at Alberton would probably lead to a flood of new fans keen to become members.

Port Community manager Darren Adamson said: "We won't hit them up for membership on the day but if they go on the database as potential supporters we will stay in touch with information and offers."

Just came across this (apologies if it's old news) on the SA Govt. Immigration website, posted 17 September 2014 :

Newest citizens can join the club

PORT Adelaide Football Club will host South Australia's biggest citizenship swearing in ceremony at Alberton today and the newest Australians will be encouraged to become Port fans as the first step in their new lives.

At the event in The Port Club, 520 people from 67 nations - including 40 with the surname Patel - take the pledge of commitment amid the excitement of Port's two senior teams playing finals football this weekend.
As long as none are Doctor's this is a great initiative by the club.

If there was EVER a time to sure up the band wagon, 2015 is it. Everything coming out of the club is positive. Even losing our 2 Head Assistant Coaches in consecutive years is proving to be positive. We are now seen as a destination club, not just for players and staff, but the general public as well. The move to Adelaide Oval and our ownership of the ground can not be undersold either.

There is a general feeling of pride amongst our supporters. A level of which I don't even think we had in 2004. Driving the streets I am in no doubt that Port Adelaide membership stickers on cars far out number those of the Crows..... and just on this and not trying to sound like a w***er, I live in what you would consider a fairly pleasant old money part of town, not somewhere you'd traditionally associate with Port Adelaide, but again on my morning walks I notice the Port Adelaide stickers every where. My next door neighbours are Port supporters, the weird old couple that live next to them are Port supporters. 2 years ago, I never knew. We are also winning the hearts and minds of the youth. The train keeps a rollin and we have the team, the coach, the President, the CEO, the staff and the players to capitalise on it. 60,000 next year is gettable, but more importantly, we want 40,000 11 gamers. Bring it On.

Last year we had 4 games that the crowd was under 40,000 all early Saturday or Sunday early games ie the 12-40 to 1-15 time slot. We have to get these timeslot crowds over 40,000.

But despite that- these crowds were either the highest ever anywhere between the 2 clubs for Doggies and Demon games, the 2nd highest for a Lions game - minor round and the Freo game the only ever bigger crowds were for final round games where the winner got into the finals or won the right to host a home final the next week.

There is plennty of scope or improvement. As you said Papa we have to get to selling 40,000 x 11 game club membershipa ie excludimg any SMA members.

I thougbt KT and his team went 20 months early but they were right with those Beware the Sleeping Giant poster advertising campaign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A
If we have supposedly such a s**t percentage of SMA members we should be allowed to sell more passes (without fixed seats). Turn the SNAFL small mindedness to the clubs advantage.

Catch up Andre. We did that from about late May when we started selling Essential Power Gold memberships in the western stand. We over sold the western stand. Thats why we got 2 crowds over 52k and the crows biggest was 50.5k. They werent prepared to oversell their Essential crows memberships because they knew they had the majority of SMA members.

I know we oversold, but can do it even more :) The interesting one, that won't affect numbers greatly, is how we do with the corporate boxes. That's the one area the bovines did kill us last year.

It'll affect the profit number positively if we can sell a lot more corporate boxes seats.

Supposedly we only sold just under 80% of the corporate inventory which was in line with our budget. Kochie for 2 years has said corporates are lagging indicatots, they come after on field success. I suspect we will sell all our inventory for 2015 - might fill it after the crows but we are flavour of the month.

Last edited:
Yep. Interstater here - any game I get to is a bonus.

Interstate / country / international members are a potential expansion area for us. Maybe we can look to partner with specific regional areas within Australia (e.g. the Iron Triangle) and develop them as strongholds. Could be worth 10k+ memberships.

Rucci's piece today of interest for this thread:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-membership-rush/story-fnia6ojc-1227094184066

Patrick Ryder’s arrival in Port Adelaide sparks Power membership rush

The Power has logged 2738 registrations for new memberships in the first fortnight in October. This is a massive lift on last year’s count of 141 new memberships in the same two-week period.

“Registrations with new members has been going well for the past few weeks, but there was definitely a bump (on Thursday) when the Ryder trade came through,” said Power general manager (marketing) Matthew Richardson.

The most significant spike in new registrations is in the 15-30 age group which traditionally has been the most difficult to capture for AFL club memberships. The Power traces this success to the appeal of the Port Adelaide style of football and the game-day experience at home games.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-membership-rush/story-fnia6ojc-1227094184066

Holy ****

"The Power has logged 2738 registrations for new memberships in the first fortnight in October. This is a massive lift on last year’s count of 141 new memberships in the same two-week period."

We must put this down to those Crowies getting in early to see Paddy in Round 2.

#Alexisonfiresaidso.

2738 registrations for new memberships - I hope that includes multiple memberships per registration eg family membership of 2 adults + 2 or more kids is counted as 1 registration not 4 or more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back