Eastdog

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
With our membership campaign kicking off last week I thought ill start a new thread dedicated to 2015 membership. The fixture for 2015 I think comes out on October 31. Will probably get something in the mail from the club about membership over the next few weeks.

We should be getting around 34k next year
that's my goal

Hopefully we can get that VD and with the success of our VFL team hopefully a bit more sign on. The dream for me in the future would be to get 50,000 members.

We should be breaking 40K every year, no exceptions.

Now that we've got that ridiculous bullshit out of the way, I'd be ecstatic with 35K, but I'm predicting a bit over 33K.

We should be breaking 40K every year, no exceptions.

Now that we've got that ridiculous bullshit out of the way, I'd be ecstatic with 35K, but I'm predicting a bit over 33K.

If we get 35K that will be the biggest ever membership figure in our club history. Our highest was 34,842 I think around 09/10.

Would like to see the marketing department start a facebook campaign for membership to the Lin Jong #46 Club, targeted to the Taiwanese community. There are plenty of Chinese in Melbourne, know idea of how many from that island but a couple of thousand and we would be up to 35k.

Would like to see the marketing department start a facebook campaign for membership to the Lin Jong #46 Club, targeted to the Taiwanese community. There are plenty of Chinese in Melbourne, know idea of how many from that island but a couple of thousand and we would be up to 35k.
that's part of the community growth in the westerns suburbs.

Anything under 35,000 is a fail in my opinion. We have to gain ground on the other clubs (and they are all growing nearly every year) so if we get under 35k we will be barely keeping pace with average growth rates. That means we are still last of Victorian clubs.

I anticipate there will be a bunch of posts about how North is in fact artificially inflated by Tassy memberships, etc etc. Well let's just FORGET that BS - whichever way we look at it they have more members than us and we need to grow faster than such clubs to make up ground we have lost in the last 5 years.

I'd be surprised if we got 35,000, barring an astoundingly good marketing campaign from the club.

We'll hit 30k no problems, but following a fade out at the end of the season and the fact that most of Victoria is still in denial about the raw talent and potential of GWS (I mention this given our disgusting final round loss and the impact on supporters), plenty of fair weather pricks will choose not to sign up.

The Footscray premiership might sway a few, and it's anyone's guess as to what happens during the trade/draft period, but it'll be status quo if you ask me. Hopefully I'm wrong and there's some growth.

Just as an aside, I was trying to find prices for next year's memberships (evidently they're not out yet), and I found a page detailing things being introduced for the 2014 season:

COMPETITIONS

What better way to watch the footy then from the comfort of the Etihad Skydeck. Premium lounges on Level 2 and a food and beverage gift bag make this the ultimate experience for any Bulldog fan. The KooGa Fan of the Day winner receives a Western Bulldogs guernsey, a KooGa cap and the excitement of being interviewed for the big screen at Etihad Stadium. Selected lucky runner-ups will also receive the opportunity to participate in the player Guard of Honour. This once-in-a-lifetime experience gives you access to the players race and hallowed Etihad Stadium turf, before cheering the boys on as they run through the banner.

I was at about eight home games this year (and we arrived early to attend the Social Club), and I don't think I ever saw this being run. Did this Skydeck thing ever eventuate?

Having reached about 32 this year I'd be impressed if we reached 35 given the on field issues, but perhaps the VFL premiership will mobilise the troops. We will see. Hopefully we can snare a player to be excited about in the trade period. That normally helps with memberships. Also, if we can have a soft early draw it could be great for us. 35 would be brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There will be questions over long term viability if we don't get at least 35K, but fans of lower clubs need to be sold hope to join. At this stage I can't really see where the hope can be sold. As for me, my membership rolls over on October 28.

If we aggressively market using Stringer, Bontempelli and Jong, and Dahl with the kids, then maybe.
They're the sort of players who get people through the turnstiles and people to sign up to memberships.

You can all hate me but I have just called the club and cancelled 5 of the 7 memberships I have had for my whole life and downgraded my personal one to the lowest I can get

I will still love and support my club but cannot continue to throw support behind this coach and this is the only way I can show the club how p!ssed of I am and how devastated.

And I can tell you all that the girl on the phone said she been flat out for an hour

You can all hate me but I have just called the club and cancelled 5 of the 7 memberships I have had for my whole life and downgraded my personal one to the lowest I can get

I will still love and support my club but cannot continue to throw support behind this coach and this is the only way I can show the club how p!ssed of I am and how devastated.

And I can tell you all that the girl on the phone said she been flat out for an hour
Thats ok matty
All i want is my beer

Weak as piss.

How is that going to solve the clubs problems? Write a letter to the president if so be it? The club doesnt have money coming out of its ears so now that is has less isn't going to help anything. Even if they wanted to get rid of Macca (they probably don't), its probably financially improbable and now even more so.

Weak as piss.
No, it's not.
Firstly, he is not no longer a member. He's still contributing financially to the club, and has voting rights as a member.
What he is showing is that as a financially supporting member he does not agree with the direction and decisions of the club, and he is showing that through reduced financial support.

No, it's not.
Firstly, he is not no longer a member. He's still contributing financially to the club, and has voting rights as a member.
What he is showing is that as a financially supporting member he does not agree with the direction and decisions of the club, and he is showing that through reduced financial support.

That is one point of view. Another is that the club is in a very tenuous situation and needs support more now than ever.

To withdraw said support at such a time is weak as piss.

That is one point of view. Another is that the club is in a very tenuous situation and needs support more now than ever.

To withdraw said support at such a time is weak as piss.

No it's not

The club is in this positon due to one man and I will not support that man continuing in his job.

I have written a email and told them of my decision and that if the coach goes I will instantly reinstate all memberships

I have not cancelled mine it is still active and paid up and alway will be and I still pay full membership for my mother

No it's not

The club is in this positon due to one man and I will not support that man continuing in his job.

I have written a email and told them of my decision and that if the coach goes I will instantly reinstate all memberships

I have not cancelled mine it is still active and paid up and alway will be and I still pay full membership for my mother
That's factually incorrect, and the reasons why have been stated already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back