2015 Membership Thread - Can we get 35,000

Remove this Banner Ad

After near 45 years of supoorting the Dogs consciously - and just shy of 4 before that being subconsciously indoctrinated to be a Dog - I decided today to pay back the club for the joy it has bought me over the years and made the offer to invest $10k in memberships - or whatever use the club decided to put the money to

I mention this not to bignote myself - anonymity here precludes that - but to praise Peter Gordon. Within an hour if not less of my email to the Club membership team with my offer I received a personal email from Peter offering to match my offer and suggesting we devote the monies to buying memberships for schoolkids in the local area - in the hope that not only do we have members for a year, but Bulldogs for life. Given the continued selfless generosity of Peter Gordon to the club I wans't surprised by his offer - it just shows the man he is and his endless devotion to the cause

So the membership tally will be increased by 1000 soon enough

Whilst I cant promise or even assume that any similar offer would be matched - I can only encourage you to do what you can, if you can, to do something similar. - even if only a single membership.

I had thought of buying multiple memberships in my name that would go unused - but allowing the club to give memberships to the region's youth can only have a positive impact on the efforts to win the hearts and minds of the many nationalities that inhabit the Footscray area and hopefully produce not only a membership for a year - but members for life and thus enhance the longterm viability of the club we all love

Bring back Brian Perrin!!

I would vote for you to be our number one ticket holder this year! That is an outstanding effort and great that Peter Gordon matched it.

After near 45 years of supoorting the Dogs consciously - and just shy of 4 before that being subconsciously indoctrinated to be a Dog - I decided today to pay back the club for the joy it has bought me over the years and made the offer to invest $10k in memberships - or whatever use the club decided to put the money to

I mention this not to bignote myself - anonymity here precludes that - but to praise Peter Gordon. Within an hour if not less of my email to the Club membership team with my offer I received a personal email from Peter offering to match my offer and suggesting we devote the monies to buying memberships for schoolkids in the local area - in the hope that not only do we have members for a year, but Bulldogs for life. Given the continued selfless generosity of Peter Gordon to the club I wans't surprised by his offer - it just shows the man he is and his endless devotion to the cause

Whilst I cant promise or even assume that any similar offer would be matched - I can only encourage you to do what you can, if you can, to do something similar. - even if only a single membership.

I had thought of buying multiple memberships in my name that would go unused - but allowing the club to give memberships to the region's youth can only have a positive impact on the efforts to win the hearts and minds of the many nationalities that inhabit the Footscray area and hopefully produce not only a membership for a year - but members for life and thus enhance the longterm viability of the club we all love

Good news stories are hard to come by in a thread about WB membership numbers but this post uplifts the spirits (as well as the numbers!). Well done Brian.

Outstanding effort by Brian. And by Peter Gordon for matching it, and putting it toward something worthwhile.

Renewed today as well. Thought it was about time.

So humbling to share a membership with folk like your good self. Just an incredibly generous gesture to make.

I'm bringing my new pup into the fold this year, 9 months old and he may not see a game for a few years, but so happy to have him a bulldog for life. My dad bestowed the honour upon me as a youngster and I happily will do the same.

Outstanding effort by Brian. And by Peter Gordon for matching it, and putting it toward something worthwhile.

Renewed today as well. Thought it was about time.
Kudos to BP for triggering the whole thing. A massive "pay it forward". And while I love the BP post, at the same time we shouldn't overlook what a dynamic and committed person Peter Gordon is. Wasted no time in pulling another 10 grand out of his own pocket.

Sounds pitiful after that but I'll be paying one forward ...

Stop trolling balkan
Ah, ok? Not sure what you're on about.

E-mailed the club and they said my pack is on it's way :)

If you can give that sort of cash to the club we can all take the time to thank you.
Id love to be in the position to pay it forward let alone make the contribution you did.

Kudos to BP for triggering the whole thing. A massive "pay it forward". And while I love the BP post, at the same time we shouldn't overlook what a dynamic and committed person Peter Gordon is. Wasted no time in pulling another 10 grand out of his own pocket.

Sounds pitiful after that but I'll be paying one forward ...

Well done DogWatch

It doesn't take much and you have done what you can and the Club, I am sure, is thankful.

As I have said privately to PG if 20,000 members split the cost of one additional membership with a mate or family member they go to the footy with every week then that would add 10,000 members to the membership total overnight.

More importantly, if those memberships are offered by the Club in an organised fashion to the young kids of the region then maybe, just maybe, we could add another 1000 committed members a year. Do that every year, year after year and watch the numbers grow

Too often I sit on this forum and see people complaining about the club and its failings. If you want to make a difference, if you want to ensure that the Club is there for your kids and their kids to come, then stand up and do as Dogwatch has done and I have done and contribute - but do it in a way that makes a difference.

Don't by another membership and stick it in the drawer at home. Buy one for a kid who otherwise wouldn't go to the footy and will sit there alongside you at home games and scream their lungs out for the Dogs - every voice adds to the atmosphere and makes home games more intimidating - call the club or email the membership team and they will make it happen

Those kids will grow up idolising players like Bonti, Stringer, Macrae and others and will be hooked for life. Someone most likely bought each of you a membership as a kid and look where you are now

So to all of you who from time to time sit here moaning at the Club I say - and with apologies to JFK - Don't ask what the Bulldogs can do for you, ask what you can do for the Bulldogs!!

Make a difference - whether by yourself or with your mates and family members - stand up and be counted

Well done DogWatch

It doesn't take much and you have done what you can and the Club, I am sure, is thankful.

As I have said privately to PG if 20,000 members split the cost of one additional membership with a mate or family member they go to the footy with every week then that would add 10,000 members to the membership total overnight.

More importantly, if those memberships are offered by the Club in an organised fashion to the young kids of the region then maybe, just maybe, we could add another 1000 committed members a year. Do that every year, year after year and watch the numbers grow

Too often I sit on this forum and see people complaining about the club and its failings. If you want to make a difference, if you want to ensure that the Club is there for your kids and their kids to come, then stand up and do as Dogwatch has done and I have done and contribute - but do it in a way that makes a difference.

Don't by another membership and stick it in the drawer at home. Buy one for a kid who otherwise wouldn't go to the footy and will sit there alongside you at home games and scream their lungs out for the Dogs - every voice adds to the atmosphere and makes home games more intimidating - call the club or email the membership team and they will make it happen

Those kids will grow up idolising players like Bonti, Stringer, Macrae and others and will be hooked for life. Someone most likely bought each of you a membership as a kid and look where you are now

So to all of you who from time to time sit here moaning at the Club I say - and with apologies to JFK - Don't ask what the Bulldogs can do for you, ask what you can do for the Bulldogs!!

Make a difference - whether by yourself or with your mates and family members - stand up and be counted
Great work, that is the stuff this Club is made of and more of it will nudge us even closer to The Day. Outside of my current contributions, I hope to one day be in a financial position to make a similar gesture and invest in the future of a Club that has given my family so much joy and time together. Until then, I'll just offer you my sincerest thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing effort, Brian Perrin, and thanks. A contribution so substantial will make an enormous difference in our community, and I'm so pleased that PG was willing to match it.

I'm so proud of the club's ongoing investment in the local community, and of the generosity of the Footscray diehards with a little bit more to give.

Is there a footscray membership available for the vfl? I want to buy my dad one. He has no interest in the afl but would attend Footscray games?
Sorry to dig up an old post, however, I've just received an email from the club. Footscray memberships are now available. They give entry to all home games at VUWO, as well as a 'heritage' membership card, a premiership keychain and a commemorative 2014 premiership team photo magnet. $60 for general admission; $80 for grandstand entry. Also gives half-price entry to away games. :)

Sorry to dig up an old post, however, I've just received an email from the club. Footscray memberships are now available. They give entry to all home games at VUWO, as well as a 'heritage' membership card, a premiership keychain and a commemorative 2014 premiership team photo magnet. $60 for general admission; $80 for grandstand entry.
Was about to post the same haha! Good idea I reckon :)

Sorry to dig up an old post, however, I've just received an email from the club. Footscray memberships are now available. They give entry to all home games at VUWO, as well as a 'heritage' membership card, a premiership keychain and a commemorative 2014 premiership team photo magnet. $60 for general admission; $80 for grandstand entry. Also gives half-price entry to away games. :)

Wonder if social club members get the heritage Footscray membership card, keychain and photo magnet?

You are an absolute jet of a human. Unbelievable gesture. Well done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back