2015 Membership Thread - Can we get 35,000

Remove this Banner Ad

How many members was the target 50,000 before 2018? I couldn't find the article

I only remember Gordon saying after round 1, 2012 if we had all members from 08-12 we would have 50k members in our books, not an actual target externally. I could be wrong though.

I only remember Gordon saying after round 1, 2012 if we had all members from 08-12 we would have 50k members in our books, not an actual target externally. I could be wrong though.
Not that its a reliable figure, but we have 82k followers on our facebook page. Maybe 50k members isnt out of reach one day?

Not that its a reliable figure, but we have 82k followers on our facebook page. Maybe 50k members isnt out of reach one day?

Peter Gordon has mentioned somewhere that he thinks its possible to get 45 - 50k members by 2018. I'll try and find the article.

EDIT: found it!!!!

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-11-06/they-build-it-well-come

If we can get 5k + ballarat members who might not neccasarily be bulldogs supporters but love going to a couple of live games a season this would help immensely not to mention driving back up the ladder, friday night games etc.

Peter Gordon has mentioned somewhere that he thinks its possible to get 45 - 50k members by 2018. I'll try and find the article.

If we can get 5k + ballarat members who might not neccasarily be bulldogs supporters but love going to a couple of live games a season this would help immensely not to mention driving back up the ladder, friday night games etc.

Seems reachablish
2015 - 35,000
2016 - 40,000
2017 - 45,000
2018 - 50,000

We'd want to be playing finals, and playing the kind of footy we were playing at the start of the year to achieve that.
And then some.
If you examine our past membership tallies and growth trends it seems highly unlikely. He's effectively saying we'd expect to have a 50%+ increase from 2014 to 2018. I admire PG's aspirational approach but we'd need to be winning flags by 2017 to achieve that.

And then some.
If you examine our past membership tallies and growth trends it seems highly unlikely. He's effectively saying we'd expect to have a 50%+ increase from 2014 to 2018. I admire PG's aspirational approach but we'd need to be winning flags by 2017 to achieve that.

45k and a prelim by the end of 2017 is where we should be aiming as a minimum.

And then some.
I agree, but to me PG doesn't seem like the type to just throw out random numbers without substance. He may have been exaggerating or infusing a little bit of hopefulness into the numbers, but I would imagine he has some sort of evidence for why this is possible.

Although I wouldn't put it past him to buy 15,000 memberships himself, so that could be why he's so confident. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nOUMm5s.png

35,000 is an impressive feat, but here are some things I am even more impressed by:
Female AFL Team,
Tackling intolerance,
Footscray's success,
Our on field resurgence,
Whitten Oval having footy once more,
Comedians doing the banners,
Having a cartoonist,
Generally being the most cultural football club.

There is a lot to like about us at the moment!

35,000 is an impressive feat, but here are some things I am even more impressed by:
Female AFL Team,
Tackling intolerance,
Footscray's success,
Our on field resurgence,
Having a cartoonist,

MIA :(

nOUMm5s.png

Female AFL Team,
Tackling intolerance,
Footscray's success,
Our on field resurgence,
Having a cartoonist,

Absolutely, our pretty highly rated new CEO hasnt even started yet, were really going places off field. It all means nothing though if we dont start to really move up the ladder soon, this years been a great start (and is obviously not over yet) but we need to push over the next two years and become a genuine contender.

I wonder what impact the success we've had this year will have on membership, if any, next season. I'd like to think we could attract more members, given we're as exciting s team to watch as there is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back