2015 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

How is that even possible? What sort of inventory system is employed there?

Slow work by the crew, as once something has been paid for, it has to be set aside.

Can understand maybe one item to have been sold under the nose but 3 of 5?
The guy tried to explain how their system couldn't handle the traffic and its something they are looking at fixing next year. He said they tried to get nike to make some more but they declined.

As a tottenham supporter in the EPL I usually buy my young son a new kit every year for christmas. Never have any trouble, they offer free postage from the UK and it is delivered within a week.

I know Trigg has stated one of his aims is for the club to become more professional in a all areas......well they have a lot of work to do.

Well friends, it appears I have become the latest victim of automatic renewal. Girlfriend and I each received letters this morning claiming that we were both $331.00 in arrears due to automatic renewal (despite being both concession membership holders ha) and the club demanding payment by close of business on the 8th of December.

Sent them an email demanding they opt me out.

Considering not buying a membership for the year now and just paying at the gate every week after this.

Well friends, it appears I have become the latest victim of automatic renewal. Girlfriend and I each received letters this morning claiming that we were both $331.00 in arrears due to automatic renewal (despite being both concession membership holders ha) and the club demanding payment by close of business on the 8th of December.

Sent them an email demanding they opt me out.

Considering not buying a membership for the year now and just paying at the gate every week after this.
Call them up, it took me 60 seconds to fix it up.

You shouldn't have to, though.

It's not just our club that does this, Richmond did it to me as well--except worse. They tried to sneakily upgrade my cousin's membership to the most expensive without telling me.
Oh i've already had my rant about the problem, don't worry about that. There is a LOT of people who suddenly got stung by this and it's going to lose a lot of members because of it.

I was just saying it's easier to call up rather than send out emails, because you can get it sorted out there on the spot rather than wait for email communication that doesn't get responded to half the time.

Oh i've already had my rant about the problem, don't worry about that. There is a LOT of people who suddenly got stung by this and it's going to lose a lot of members because of it.

I was just saying it's easier to call up rather than send out emails, because you can get it sorted out there on the spot rather than wait for email communication that doesn't get responded to half the time.

Ahh, yes that makes sense. It's too easy to say "I never got your email".

Ahh, yes that makes sense. It's too easy to say "I never got your email".
Email communication bugs me sometimes. Sure it has it's place, but it also gets way overused.

We get people who email us asking for us to call them to arrange a quotation. Pick up the phone and call us yourself! It's quicker for them, it's quicker for us, and it solves your query easier.

How is that even possible? What sort of inventory system is employed there?

Slow work by the crew, as once something has been paid for, it has to be set aside.

Can understand maybe one item to have been sold under the nose but 3 of 5?

Having worked in warehousing and logistics for an online company I can actually sympathise with how this can happen. The company I used to work for (2XU) was also the apparel sponsor for the Suns and so I also have some sort of understanding as to how stock purchase orders are receipted in at the club's end. I think there would be minimal automated systems for despatch and/or inventory controls systems at the football club. So, when you think about it, the club would have literally thousands of pieces arriving at the beginning o each season. From there, it's some poor person(s) job to manually count in each piece. For a discrepancy to never occur in the club's inventory control, that person(s) has to count all those pieces with 100% accuracy. Now it's quite easy, with manual systems, for human error to take place. For example, you can easily count a Medium as a large. A hoodie as a zip-up jacket. A women's as a men's, etc...

I'm also presuming that the online store is ran directly out of the shop at Visy Park, like some sort of flagship store. So, when you think about it, you're trusting casual employees (at times) to be vigilant in updating whatever manual system they are running.

Presuming I'm wrong about all of the above, and there is an automated system for receipting in goods - what if there is the wrong barcode on a product? And an item is scanned in incorrectly?

These are three very basic examples of how things can go wrong in any stock management process. There are literally dozens more. I'm not making excuses for the club, but again, I can sympathise with why it happens. To reduce the risk of stock discrepancies would involve an investment of many thousands of dollars on order to streamline the whole process. When we've lost $1.6m this year, it's hard to convince those higher up that spending said money is feasible.

It is just unfortunate in this instance that so many errors occurred for the one order.

(this is probably my longest post ever haha)

The guy tried to explain how their system couldn't handle the traffic and its something they are looking at fixing next year. He said they tried to get nike to make some more but they declined.

As a tottenham supporter in the EPL I usually buy my young son a new kit every year for christmas. Never have any trouble, they offer free postage from the UK and it is delivered within a week.

I know Trigg has stated one of his aims is for the club to become more professional in a all areas......well they have a lot of work to do.

Agree 100%. The merchandise shop is pathetic (in terms of customer service) in person so I can only imagine what it's like online. The price of the Nike gear is pretty steep compared to other teams as well.

I've had the same positive experience with the Spurs Shop. Easy to order (the site remembers you if you've purchased before) and gear delivered on time. This is a club with far more fans the world over than Carlton, and presumably they have a lot more online traffic.

Huge gulf in professionalism.

Yep, reckon I will call. Great birthday present from the club though :rolleyes:

Also, I have just discovered that we now have explanations for why our posts were moved. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: I can't have enough thumbs up for this

Yep, reckon I will call. Great birthday present from the club though :rolleyes:

Also, I have just discovered that we now have explanations for why our posts were moved. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: I can't have enough thumbs up for this
Funny you say that because i'm pretty sure mine were direct debited on my birthday last week. I guess they figure they're doing us a favour by spending our money against our consent as a present to ourselves! ;)

There are explanations why posts were moved? Where?

Funny you say that because i'm pretty sure mine were direct debited on my birthday last week. I guess they figure they're doing us a favour by spending our money against our consent as a present to ourselves! ;)

There are explanations why posts were moved? Where?

Yeah I got a notification saying my post was moved and then a message under it saying why it was moved. Really good stuff :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could be considered a service for those whose significant others would rather they didn't blow a few hundred dollars on their membership.

"Sorry honey, the club just took the money, I didn't have a choice!"

The draft added a bit of balance to the list, added some runners with good skills which we need.

The way I see it 2015 should be a better season. The club is coming towards the back end of a fairly big rebuild that has happened over the last few years, a sensible and well planned out rebuild at that. The question remains, how long after a big rebuild does it take to come good?

Reason we'll be better
- List is in better health. We have more to chose from, a lot less injured and retired ones on the list and a lot less players playing on the back of little to no preseason. Walker, Judd, Buckley, Kreuzer, Docherty, Cripps, Henderson, Carrazzo and Ellard to name a few will be in better shape you would expect than last season. Not all are key players but some certainly are.

- New additions. Dick, Jaksch, Jones and Whiley are all ready to go. Some draftees may make an impact.

- Young/new players really impact. There's a lot of them, surely some will be big successes. Get a handful to make a big impact and we'll be laughing.

- Maturity while not too many should be declining due to age a few should be improving due to it. All the players mentioned above, Casboult, Graham, Holman, Menzel, Docherty, Buckley, Watson, Johnson etc have all moved a little closer to their prime.

- List structure. While not perfect it's looking a lot better.

- Defence. Buckley and Sheehan I think will have big impacts.

- Possible better match day depth. Hoping that our second string mids can impact while they are on the ball and in their other position as this has not been the case lately. Second stringers are pretty young so this will be interesting.

- Speed, expecting us to be a bit quickerm because we'll be fitter and able to pick some quicker players.

Reasons why we'll fail
- Injuries. They can and do happen. We can't really afford to lose quality midfielders or talls. Lose Rowe and/or Jamison and things get tough, especially with injury clouds over Giles and Jaksch. Same could be said with our tall forwards, thought we might have slightly more depth here.

- Lack of elite talent. Our better players don't rate too highly within the league. Some have in the past (Judd, Jamison and Murphy) and currently Gibbs and Yarran are there abouts but we lack top end talent. Guns who can dominate, can't be stopped and do it regularly. All-Australians. Maybe this will change.

- Forwards. We've lost Waite who was our number one target and before him Betts. It really is up to young, unproven players to kick our goals. Menzel is pretty good. Our mids kick a few but Watson, Kreuzer, Casboult, Henderson and Jones haven't kicked big numbers in the AFL ever. We don't really have elite small forwards of note anymore either. Getting the ball inside 50, scoring regularly and keeping it locked in is going to be a big challenge for us and it's going to take quite a few personal bests for us to kick enough goals to be any real threat. There is that big worry we won't be able to kick enough goals and that going forward will result in the ball going quickly back down the other end.

- Possible decline of older players. Walker, Judd, Simpson, Carrazzo and Jamison are our older players. They go backwards, who steps up? Hoping their bodies are in good shape as this will mean they will be fine.

- Relying on so many unproven players. Our unproven recruiters look pretty hand but will they step up to the level we need them to to one, elevate the team to the top of the ladder and two, take over from the older players who will be easing back or retiring? This is always the case with a rebuilds, faith in the recruiters and the new players must be shown.

- Defence, not sure who will be knocking the door over to get a game instead of Jamison/Rowe next season. We'll have tall forward depth, that's not an issue there, quality is, but tall defender depth isn't good with the two foot injuries.

- Midfield - When every one is up and about it looks good. Judd, Gibbs, Murphy, Curnow etc aren't bad onballers but what of the change players? Last year we struggled to keep going in the middle when our better players rested and guys came in from the forward line etc. Menzel, Docherty, Cripps, Graham etc not only have to be better when they replace these guys in the center but they also have to be impacting the game when they are out in other positions. Quality of depth here with our second sting mids is still questionable until proven.

Under the pump
Warnock - Probably got Wood and Kreuzer ahead of him now, needs to show some real versatility in the VFL.

Armfield - had an off year, been handy and can play a role but may struggle to get into the side.

Bell - We're shying away from players with poor skills and have some midfielders coming through who may edge him out.

Graham - at that stage where he really should be coming on. I strongly believe he will.

Tuohy - had a shocking year, looked slow and incredibly imobile. Did no offensive running and had no burst of speed what so ever. Leaked a lot of goals and really didn't do well negating the really good small forwards.

White - He's a good footballer, a good honest back pocket but we might be looking to player others in this role.

Watson - Needs to prove he can play. Not a big chance of being a backman but has ability up forward. A few young forwards coming in might put pressure on him though.

Carrazzo - quite a few years spent injured or hindered by injuries. Wrong side of 30.

Ellard - Also spent a lot of the last few years injured. Is a fringe player, his position/role and attitude has kept him going, needs to play games or will be gone.

Not really a membership issue and not sure if it has affected anyone else.

But I recently placed a online order from the carlton shop literally 2 mins after I recieved the email about the 80% offer early last week. I have now today recieved a call from the club telling me that 3 of the 5 items I purchased are not available and they had oversold them.

The club aren't helping themselves at the moment.
Well the ongoing saga with the Carlton shop continues.

I have been waiting for the 2 of the 5 items that I had ordered that were available. I arrived home on friday to find the note from aus post to say that a package from Carlton was at the post office ready to be picked up.

I went to the PO on saturday morning and it seems the club have only posted 1 item which was a $5 poster but had forgotten to post my son's new guernsey. So I gave them a call this morning and explain the situation and suprise, suprise the Guernsey is sitting out the back under a pile of other stuff.

Unbelievable.

I have been waiting for the 2 of the 5 items that I had ordered that were available. I arrived home on friday to find the note from aus post to say that a package from Carlton was at the post office ready to be picked up.

I went to the PO on saturday morning and it seems the club have only posted 1 item which was a $5 poster but had forgotten to post my son's new guernsey. So I gave them a call this morning and explain the situation and suprise, suprise the Guernsey is sitting out the back under a pile of other stuff.

Unbelievable.

Totally unacceptable. :thumbsdown:

Unbelievable.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Their membership department has been a joke for years, yet the GM keeps his job. Sorry mate but if you can't employ competent people then get rid of them! All they do is hurt our club because members get sick of dealing with idiots

Does anyone know how long it takes to get all the Carlton membership package the mail after submitting membership roughly? Live in Rural SA so that's about and extra day..

Does anyone know how long it takes to get all the Carlton membership package the mail after submitting membership roughly? Live in Rural SA so that's about and extra day..
Got an email yesterday or the day before saying they sent out my membership pack and I'll get it within 10 days. I signed up about 10 days and live in Melbourne.

Yeah wasn't too sure when I was getting it hopefully before Chrissy, taken me about 20 minutes to pick between the scarf and hat lol

Mine was dispatched on Friday and still hasn't arrived. Apparently it is literally delivered by snails to save money.
"Listen, Brock's been away. We're doing what we can".

Snail-008.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back