2015 MUSIC

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't listened to the whole album - just the first five or six tracks. He tried to dress it up a bit by having extended periods of instrumentals, noodling on a guitar, spoken word passages, etc. but it ultimately just sounded like cinematic and trivial soft rock to me. Maybe it improves as the album goes on. I also can't stand his vocals though.
Each to there own but whilst there's nothing necessarily new or ground breaking in his latest offering its still a solid and highly listenable album Have had it on high rotation for the last 2 weeks and have really enjoyed it ,but then again Im a long time convert to his solo projects

What does every one think of Tame Impala's new single? Not to sure what I think of it just yet. The album art is sweet though.
I haven't listened yet but it can't be any worse than any tracks off their first two albums. That's not to say they are bad musicians. Clearly they are not, but they need something original soon.

I haven't listened yet but it can't be any worse than any tracks off their first two albums. That's not to say they are bad musicians. Clearly they are not, but they need something original soon.
It's entirely electronic. Weird funky sounds. 'Cause I'm a Man dragged on way to long, should have been 3 minutes at it's longest. I wouldn't really call this sound 'original' either.

It's entirely electronic. Weird funky sounds. 'Cause I'm a Man dragged on way to long, should have been 3 minutes at it's longest. I wouldn't really call this sound 'original' either.
Yeah, I think I worded my above post poorly. I don't think there is anything wrong with being unoriginal if you are good at it. But I think they could do better with their talent.

What does every one think of Tame Impala's new single? Not to sure what I think of it just yet. The album art is sweet though.
I've only heard it two or three times, but when it came on the radio today I thought it almost sounded more like a pond song. Tame Impala evolve their sound a lot between releases though

I like it, I can dig the 80's dream pop/r&b thing it has going and the bass is killer.

I've seen plenty of people saying how they are reserving judgement on the song, so I'm not sure if they are genuinely unsure or just waiting for other music media to make judgement first so they have a 'credible' opinion to follow.

Personally, I think Kevin Parker's head has clearly disappeared up his arse at some point in the past three years, leading to this new track. I guess he reeeeally liked people singing along to Backwards....

I like it, I can dig the 80's dream pop/r&b thing it has going and the bass is killer.

I've seen plenty of people saying how they are reserving judgement on the song, so I'm not sure if they are genuinely unsure or just waiting for other music media to make judgement first so they have a 'credible' opinion to follow.
I wasn't sure at first because I knew that I wanted to like it, but I wasn't sure if I could actually bring myself to listening to it again. It's just to dull for me personally.

I think a lot of people are still getting used to the sound of it. And while they like the sound, they don't like that it's Tame Impala producing the sound. If that makes any sense?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't sure at first because I knew that I wanted to like it, but I wasn't sure if I could actually bring myself to listening to it again. It's just to dull for me personally.

I think a lot of people are still getting used to the sound of it. And while they like the sound, they don't like that it's Tame Impala producing the sound. If that makes any sense?

Yeah fair enough, I get what you mean :thumbsu:

A wild Jesse Lacey appears!

Is this a "fun give it away free track" sort of thing or a new album track?

I think I really like ths band but in reality TDAGARIM is the only album I bother to listen to and that song is pop punk recycled garbage no?

Well summed up. I'm still a little uncertain about it myself, but in the past I've found Tame Impala songs always sound better on an album rather than as a single.

Is this a "fun give it away free track" sort of thing or a new album track?

I think I really like ths band but in reality TDAGARIM is the only album I bother to listen to and that song is pop punk recycled garbage no?

Really, logic says that Lacey should have Cobain'ed after 'Daisy' (which was far more jarring than 'In Utero', given where Brand New started from). I doubt they're going to turn all pop-punk again, but I don't think they'll go so far down the rabbithole again, either.

I get the feeling this is just a random track thrown out there, rather than a new album track. Still, a nice little taster I reckon. I wouldn't mind if they eventually put out something like Prawn's 'Kingfisher' from last year TBH, a bit of atmospheric/shoegaze-y classic emo.

I wouldn't mind if they eventually put out something like Prawn's 'Kingfisher' from last year TBH, a bit of atmospheric/shoegaze-y classic emo.
^^^^^

I agree with this. I trust your judgement more than mine considering I only watched that Youtube track which I still think is garbage, but I still think they can produce quality. I'd love some shoegaze or emo in the vain of Sunny Day Real Estate, Rites Of Spring, or maybe The Weakerthans.

Posted this in the songs I loved after the first listen thread. As it came out this year I figured I'd post it here too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back