2015 NAB Challenge fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

my thought on the game and players
i thought the first half was very good and the second we were a bit flat probably cause jeeza and mumford were subbed out and its good to get a winnning feeeling for the team.
heath shaw solid all night very good game leading disposal getter top 6 bog.
cam mccarthy awesome game 3goals one point 11 disposals 6 marks and 3 tackles put his hand up for round 1 and i also put him ahead of stewart.
matt buntine really good game strong in one on one contests i think his ahead on hampton at this point.

and i tihnk we should play phillppps and mummy together cause when mummy goes forward his just a beast if he doesnt mark it he will bring it to ground and put second effort in

Was good to see the game last night, although the bombers were without their main team, it's worth remembering that in the last two quarters we only had about 6 of our best 22 on the field.

Kudos to the bombers fans who came out to support their team. We know only too well what it's like to turn up to a match where your expecting to get thrashed.

Big negatives for the night

- The bloody traffic on the M4.... thanks Bulldogs and Eels fans
- Having to park in section 4 (a good 10-15 min walk).... thanks Bulldogs and Eels fans
- The fences and detours the all around Olympic park which caused extra walking time ..... thanks Easter Show.

Missed the whole 1st quarter and some of the second.

Getting the train next time.

Watched the 2nd qtr, what a farce. The problem for Ess was not the top up guys, the guys on the main list that played were terrible. Panic mode at AFL house must of gone up a level today.

Was good to see the game last night, although the bombers were without their main team, it's worth remembering that in the last two quarters we only had about 6 of our best 22 on the field.

Kudos to the bombers fans who came out to support their team. We know only too well what it's like to turn up to a match where your expecting to get thrashed.

Big negatives for the night

- The bloody traffic on the M4.... thanks Bulldogs and Eels fans
- Having to park in section 4 (a good 10-15 min walk).... thanks Bulldogs and Eels fans
- The fences and detours the all around Olympic park which caused extra walking time ..... thanks Easter Show.

Missed the whole 1st quarter and some of the second.

Getting the train next time.
The Easter Show road closures caught me, but what time did you get in? I parked at 7pm on the dot and there were still parks in P6 - my recommended parking spot for Spotless.

Just watching the replay. I'm a little concerned about Jeremy Cameron's jaw. I think we may get a nasty surprise when he has scans today. That was a hard hit right on his jaw :(

Please tell me I'm wrong

Sydney Swans v Greater Western Sydney
StarTrack Oval, Sunday March 22, 1.10pm AEDT

Sydney Swans2. Rhyce Shaw, Dan Hannebery, 5. Isaac Heeney, 6. Tom Mitchell, 7. Harry Cunningham, 11. Jeremy Laidler, 12. Josh Kennedy, 13. Toby Nankervis, 14. Craig Bird, 15. Kieren Jack, 16. Gary Rohan, 20. Sam Reid, 22. Dean Towers, 23. Lance Franklin, 24. Dane Rampe, 25. Ted Richards, 26. Luke Parker, 27. Daniel Robinson, 32. Lewis Jetta, 33. Brandon Jack, 35. Sam Naismith, 37. Adam Goodes, 38. Mike Pyke, 39. Heath Grundy, 40. Nick Smith, 42. Xavier Richards, 44. Jake Lloyd

Greater Western Sydney1. Phil Davis, 2. Curtly Hampton, 3. Stephen Coniglio, 4. Toby Greene, 5. Dylan Shiel, 6. Lachie Whitfield, 7. Rhys Palmer, 8. Callan Ward, 9. Tom Scully, 10. Devon Smith, 11. Jed Lamb, 14. Tomas Bugg, 17. Adam Treloar, 18. Jeremy Cameron, 19. Nick Haynes, 20. Adam Tomlinson, 21. Matt Buntine, 22. Josh Kelly, 23. Heath Shaw, 24. Joel Patfull, 25. Cam McCarthy, 32. Ryan Griffen, 33. Will Hoskin-Elliott, 35. Aidan Corr, 40. Adam Kennedy, 41. Shane Mumford, 44. Tom Downie
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-19/nab-challenge-teams-week-four

so....

OUT: Steele. Stewart. Phillips. Wilson. Williams(wtf). Barret. Golds.

INS: Ward, Griffen, Patfull, Shiel, Kelly, Hoskin-Elliott, Scully. Haynes.

Which player will be left out? This is the strongest side in GWS history, will they go with one ruckman only?

If this was a regular season 22 man team which guys would you drop?

Reckon until McCarthy's form demanded to be picked we were looking at going with two rucks and while Mumford works great as the lone ruck he does normally miss 4-6 games a year and there lies the danger. But at this stage McCarthy brings alot more to the table then having a second ruck does.

Also it seems that Buntine and Hampton are fighting for that last spot in the back 6

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like bugg as a run-with player. He has good speed, good endurance and is an excellent user of the ball.. Especially by foot.

Sydney Swans v Greater Western Sydney
StarTrack Oval, Sunday March 22, 1.10pm AEDT

Sydney Swans2. Rhyce Shaw, Dan Hannebery, 5. Isaac Heeney, 6. Tom Mitchell, 7. Harry Cunningham, 11. Jeremy Laidler, 12. Josh Kennedy, 13. Toby Nankervis, 14. Craig Bird, 15. Kieren Jack, 16. Gary Rohan, 20. Sam Reid, 22. Dean Towers, 23. Lance Franklin, 24. Dane Rampe, 25. Ted Richards, 26. Luke Parker, 27. Daniel Robinson, 32. Lewis Jetta, 33. Brandon Jack, 35. Sam Naismith, 37. Adam Goodes, 38. Mike Pyke, 39. Heath Grundy, 40. Nick Smith, 42. Xavier Richards, 44. Jake Lloyd

Greater Western Sydney1. Phil Davis, 2. Curtly Hampton, 3. Stephen Coniglio, 4. Toby Greene, 5. Dylan Shiel, 6. Lachie Whitfield, 7. Rhys Palmer, 8. Callan Ward, 9. Tom Scully, 10. Devon Smith, 11. Jed Lamb, 14. Tomas Bugg, 17. Adam Treloar, 18. Jeremy Cameron, 19. Nick Haynes, 20. Adam Tomlinson, 21. Matt Buntine, 22. Josh Kelly, 23. Heath Shaw, 24. Joel Patfull, 25. Cam McCarthy, 32. Ryan Griffen, 33. Will Hoskin-Elliott, 35. Aidan Corr, 40. Adam Kennedy, 41. Shane Mumford, 44. Tom Downie
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-19/nab-challenge-teams-week-four

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit !!! How good does that look on paper

Swans Definately won't be comfortable Sunday morning

For me the players that miss out are:
Hampton (buntine edged him out and shaw is playing the rebounding defender just fine)
Lamb (improved from last year but better defensive efforts needed)
Corr (tough comp for spotsin the back 6 pushes him out
Downie (obvious)
Bugg (has played well but IMO we won't need a defensive mid till the suns game- he is a chance then)

For me the players that miss out are:
Hampton (buntine edged him out and shaw is playing the rebounding defender just fine)
Lamb (improved from last year but better defensive efforts needed)
Corr (tough comp for spotsin the back 6 pushes him out
Downie (obvious)
Bugg (has played well but IMO we won't need a defensive mid till the suns game- he is a chance then)
I think Corr plays...
The one to miss will come from Buntine, Hampton or Kennedy (all too alike for all to play) position wise!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back