2015 NAB Challenge - Hawthorn v Collingwood (7.10p AEDT Aurora Stadium, Tas)

Remove this Banner Ad

Which sides?
Freo were full strength on GF day.

Please don't say Cats you've been making up the numbers for a while now.

Sydney (badly) and Geelong both decimated come finals time. Making up numbers? You only think that because our fans don't cry about injuries (excluding me right now) and you don't or refuse to take notice of them.
If Hawthorn have injured players, everyone of you are going to let us know. That Port game during the year that you lost. My god the sooking is still ringing in my ears.

We're a bit disappointed because we thought our depth should be better.

Hope our fringe players play better in the 2nd NAB challenge match.

Otherwise, Hawks have repeatedly said they're going to time their run for their players to be ready in round 1. More than a month away! Until that time it's match practice.

Collingwood's fringe players look good, showed more poise and far better fitness, though that could be influenced by the fact that we chose not to play a sub, while collingwood played 2.

Collingwood also brought great intensity to the match by the sound of it, hope our young guys (especially new draftees) learn a bit from it and have their areas to improve highlighted for the rest of pre-season, while the fringe players get a bit of a reality check of 'where they're at' (albeit with a long time before the real stuff starts

It's not about what wasn't there to see, it's about what was there to see. I saw:

• Gunston and Mitchell were a class above the rest of the Hawthorn players on display.
  • Anderson showed plenty to like but is likely to be fighting for a spot in the 22 for R1.
  • Jermain Miller-Lewis was a mile off the pace of AFL.
  • Grimley is a good athlete but not much of a footballer.
  • Bruest is still very one-sided as a player.
  • Frawley struggled

Good points
Mitch is like a good red - it's a shame he missed out on the brownlow in 2012.
Jermaine has missed a bit of pre-season but again is just a young colt and I doubt will see game time this year.
I'm not sure what you mean in relation to bruest but thats your opinion.
I thought our newest recruits showed a bit more than what I would of thought our next lot coming through did, which was a bit of a concern but it's early days and hopefully they will step up in the next hit out.
Anderson won't struggle to make the 22 - if he stays fit and someone drops off then he will be a walk up. It's going to be interesting to see if him and whitecross can force there way in.

Grimley - :$ not sure how he kept his spot

Frawley - didn't have a good game but it also in his defence must of felt like he was still at melbourne with no other known defenders apart from Stratts out there with him. I'm sure (hope) he plays each of the nab games to start to build some confidence. I don't think he is a spud because his career started with lots of plaudits but there is no denying that has dropped away in the last couple of seasons but I'm prepared to cut him some slack and settle in to his new club and see how he goes. He needs to be exorcised of the demon way and that may take an experienced backline, some confidence and even some horrid moments before he settles in.

Pies young blokes showed some good signs and that must give their supporters some confidence going into the season - they had some quality players missing so those guys combined with some youth and it looks okay.

Did it endlessly when they lost to Port last year but conveniently forget they got to a premiership coz other sides in 2013 were ravaged with injury.
Can you imagine the tears if the Hawks had players out in a final :eek:
Luckily we don't have to do that. We had good teams in, and won the last flags. Yippee!

You can happily imagine it all you want though, if it helps...

Sydney (badly) and Geelong both decimated come finals time. Making up numbers? You only think that because our fans don't cry about injuries (excluding me right now) and you don't or refuse to take notice of them.
If Hawthorn have injured players, everyone of you are going to let us know. That Port game during the year that you lost. My god the sooking is still ringing in my ears.
Most Hawks were happy with our performance against Port.

I'm loving it that the Cats are just making up the numbers whilst we are still fighting for flags.
Irrelevant again but you would be used to that.
5 years out of the last 50 where you've been relevant well done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back