NFL 2015 - Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Barclay is starting at left tackle again I don't want Rodgers getting a snap.

I'm happy to roll with Hundley, who I think will eventually become a mid-range QB in the league.
Sitton, Lang and Bakhtari are also out so looks like 2nd string o-line gets the start . But Clay and Mike Daniels will play for the first time in the pre-season

Sitton, Lang and Bakhtari are also out so looks like 2nd string o-line gets the start . But Clay and Mike Daniels will play for the first time in the pre-season
It's a great opportunity for any fringe guys to stake their claim for a roster spot.

Only UDFA who has done that so far is Ladarius Gunter, has been superb during the entire pre-season. Hopefully he follows the trend of other UDFA CBs in Shields and Williams.

It's a great opportunity for any fringe guys to stake their claim for a roster spot.

Only UDFA who has done that so far is Ladarius Gunter, has been superb during the entire pre-season. Hopefully he follows the trend of other UDFA CBs in Shields and Williams.

Gunter doesnt quit, he won fans with scouts in the Pitt game. Crockett did great week 1 not much last week but i like him as a 3rd RB and Special teams player.

Hundley will bet the 3rd QB, i expect Blachard to get cut early next week. I think Ty has won the 3rd WR spot. Jannis needs to show something to even get looked at for the 4th WR. Randall has been doing good by reports and i think he will end up the Nickle

What a chump!!

--------------

Ryan Mallett missed Thursday's practice because he overslept.

It's hard to fathom for a 27-year-old man who was in pursuit of the Texans' starting job as recently as three days ago. The Texans gave Mallett a chance to make something of his career after three years in the Patriots backup wilderness, and he's responded in remarkably limp fashion. The Browns have a strong case, as well, but you could argue Houston has the worst quarterback situation in the NFL.
Related: Brian Hoyer

Source: John McClain on Twitter

What a chump, especially after seeing what happened to Josh Gordon....

-----------------

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Martavis Bryant's four-game suspension is for "multiple failed marijuana tests."

Per Rapsheet, Bryant's appeal is in "the latter stages." Bryant now has all the makings of a boom-or-bust WR3, especially since Markus Wheaton has supposedly looked ready to break out as the Steelers' No. 2 receiver. Bryant's touchdown upside makes him worth a later-round draft pick and stash in re-draft leagues, but it can't be assumed he'll simply pick up where he left off in his impressive rookie campaign.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

What a chump!!

--------------

Ryan Mallett missed Thursday's practice because he overslept.

It's hard to fathom for a 27-year-old man who was in pursuit of the Texans' starting job as recently as three days ago. The Texans gave Mallett a chance to make something of his career after three years in the Patriots backup wilderness, and he's responded in remarkably limp fashion. The Browns have a strong case, as well, but you could argue Houston has the worst quarterback situation in the NFL.
Related: Brian Hoyer

Source: John McClain on Twitter

Maybe his alarm didn't go off....and worse than Browns' situation? Who is this John McClown? This is the problem when you have far too many journos following the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a chump, especially after seeing what happened to Josh Gordon....
I'm sure there's some blokes that are more than happy to be nothing more than career backups.

Who can blame them? They still get paid well & don't get hit. When they play they aren't usually expected to win. If you don't have the passion then it's still a dream job.

I'm sure there's some blokes that are more than happy to be nothing more than career backups.

Who can blame them? They still get paid well & don't get hit. When they play they aren't usually expected to win. If you don't have the passion then it's still a dream job.
Being a back-up QB to any of Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brady, Manning, Rivers, Brees, any of the top guys would be awesome.

Still get paid millions to sit round watch a game and hold a clip-board. Come in when the game is done and nobody cares how you perform.

Come in when the game is done and nobody cares how you perform.
Better yet they don't even want you to throw it.

Getting paid millions to hand the ball off or take a knee maybe a dozen times a year . . . where do I sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back